View Poll Results: Who is thinking about getting the WP7 HTC Arrive

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whats WP7?

7 11.67%
  • I think I will wait until this summer for the Pre3!

46 76.67%
  • I will be getting this!

7 11.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Sprint | Introducing the HTC Arrive

I think this would be a excellent replacement for my aging Pre-
    I had the chance to play with a co-workers WP7 Phone and while it is a HUGE adjustment from WebOS, I found that the UI was simple, elegant and easy to move around it.

It also did not hurt that I was able to download a Netflix app (for free) on his phone and finish watching a movie that I had watched a few days prior.

In either case, WP7 seems to be a fine platform already with 9000 available apps and great hardware requirements from Microsoft.
    Given only these 3 options.... B
    It's worth a try. If it doesn't work out then webOS should have something ready in the coming months as they say.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Well I figured that people would either wait for HP or move on to this, I guess I did not actually take into account that some people may actually want a Android device. Not that I am bashing them or Android but that just is not for me. But I think that WP7 has something that I could actually get excited about vs. just another Android rolling off of the assembly line.

Thats one of the reason why I chose the Pre in the first place, it was different that what was out already.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Not arriving at my house.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Not arriving at my house.
    lol, all I could do was laugh! Good show! lol
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I might take it for a test run, I have been using WP7 work related devices for 6 months now (the AT&T surround) and I can say that it is a very capable platform. I too have used Android a few times and as most its not for me. I may run with this for a few months until Sprint gets HOPEFULLY the Pre 3, but yes people WP7 is a very good OS.
    Still a slider... Still not interested.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    OS needs more time.
    Im intrigued by the arrive Ill definitely at least go and check it out when it is available.
    okay sorry to bust Ur bubble guys but I just played with the phone last night at the engadget reader meetup. And that thing has some major oreo effect. And the hardware feels cheap. I know its by htc but it didn't feel as solid as some of their other phones
    B
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    okay sorry to bust Ur bubble guys but I just played with the phone last night at the engadget reader meetup. And that thing has some major oreo effect. And the hardware feels cheap. I know its by htc but it didn't feel as solid as some of their other phones
    If I didn't get oreo on my Pre then it ain't happening on an HTC device.

Per Engadget:

"As for the slider mechanism, it's quite sturdy, and we're definitely digging HTC's good old tilt capability"
    i wish it didn't have a keyboard but definitely a consideration becuz the pre 3 is great and all but it didn't WOW me and plus it might not come to sprint :/, and i dont want to grab this and have a badass webos or wp7 slab come out like a month later...
    100% getting the HTC 7 Pro (I refuse to call it that other much lamer name).
    I just don't trust Microsoft enough. The story of the update to update the updater that got borked put me off a bit longer.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I think that bricked mainly Samsung phones. Unfortunately Samsung updates bricked lots of their phones last week and earlier. They simply do not know what they're doing IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    my pre just died yesterday so i dont really have a choice... i dont like android and i like wp7 just wish the specs were better
    Big fan of the WP7 UI, so it would be the platform I'd jump to if webOS disappeared. (I carry the Evo but Android isn't my favorite.) That said, the only thing I hate more than a boring slab is a landscape slider, so I'll take a pass on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    That said, the only thing I hate more than a boring slab is a landscape slider, so I'll take a pass on this one.

Yeah, that's my concern as well. Landscape is a terrible design. I hope the onscreen keyboard for it is as nicely implemented as the other WP7 devices.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast