1.    #1  
    There is a cool visualization linked over on Engadget that shows all of the Android activations since the launch of the G1. You can clearly see in the video that there was "moderate" impact of Android activations until the Droid launched and then everything exploded exponentially from there.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/24/v...lly-chronolog/

(Pre launches first on VZ with their "stealth bomber" ads and we'd be sitting at 33% market share and Google would be fighting for 3rd or 4th. )
    The biggest spike in the US seems to be around August, 2010, which is not mentioned in the video or the article. No major phone releases around that time that I am aware of, but then again, when the EVO was released in June, nothing happened. I suspect the reporting of EVO activations was off by a bit, and that is what we are seeing in August.

Or it may have been the low stock issue with the EVO. I remember lot's of people wanted one when they first came out, but couldn't find one. Perhaps August is when there were finally enough EVOs available to show up on the map.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    There is a cool visualization linked over on Engadget that shows all of the Android activations since the launch of the G1. You can clearly see in the video that there was "moderate" impact of Android activations until the Droid launched and then everything exploded exponentially from there.

Visualized: Android activations mapped geographically, chronologically, breathtakingly (video) -- Engadget

(Pre launches first on VZ with their "stealth bomber" ads and we'd be sitting at 33% market share and Google would be fighting for 3rd or 4th. )
    The Droid was definitely the big one for the US, but, if I remember right, most of Android's huge market share gains are coming from Asia, not from Verizon phones.