View Poll Results: Did Apple announce iPad 2 early because of touchpad?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was better than they thought it would be

41 28.47%
  • No, they were always planning on March 2 or moved it up because of Steve Jobs' health

103 71.53%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    @ the OP Bahahahahahahahahahahaaha breath bahahahahahahahaha Apple scared nope this product was in development since last spring, apple most likely is also in the works for the Ipad 3. HP/palm are playing catch up still, thats what happens when you run a swapmeet "knock off" company.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So who is the official recipient of that "genuine" check?

/sarcasm
    You can be sure it ain't webos developers, if there any left. /sarcasm
    Perfect example of fan hyperbole.

You're actually going to state, with no reservations "no other company can break this"? Seriously? Want to make a bet on it? You'll loose. Companies always get "one upped". Might not be HP, might not be a company that any of us know anything about right now, but it's going to happen.

Secondly, " doesn't look there is a runner up". Do you know what a "runner up" is? Do you really believe that there is absolutely no one else in this race?
    Yes any company can eventually be beat. If SJ has to step down and he is the driving force, an no leader groomed to take his place, you will probably see Apple fall off. There is a good book on the subject: "Good to Great" that deals with very subject.

In regard to runner ups, yes they exist. They're called a "distant runner up".
    So who is the official recipient of that "genuine" check?

/sarcasm
    I suspect none of it was donated to webOS development. Think of how many developers would flock to webOS for a chance at just 10% of that check.
    Last edited by Kupe; 03/03/2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I suspect none of it was donated to webOS development. Think of how many developers would flock to webOS for a chance at just 10% of that check.
    Hopefully more than the number of developers that flocked to webOS for both the App and PDK App contests.
    As the saying goes: "Money talks, and BS walks." Here's some money talking:

This is not some slide showing how webOS won a random web-based popularity poll. This is real.
    So Apple spent $2B on developers and HP spent $1.4B on webOS. Maybe webOS was not such a great "deal" after all.

I know, I know, they bought Palm, not just webOS. In fairness, I had on my sarcasm shoelace when I typed this.
    I just found it laughable that you presented that as if it were real. It's not. It was a gimmick (the picture of the "check").

So, you used one gimmicky slide to make fun of another, and pretend it's a serious discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    That surprises you? Here? Really? People have been diving into the pool of denial around these parts over the last couple of years in ways that would impress an Olympic High Diver.

Frankly, I'm surprised only a handfull voted yes. Don't worry though, the fans here will more than make up for this during the next Laptop Magazine "poll".
    Seriously?? You come to a WebOS forum, and complain about the "fans" of WebOS.

I think you made a wrong turn somewhere...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567