Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    What???

THe only entity that can/will decide/know when HP devices are market ready for market is HP. Of course, there can/will always be updates/changes to make things better, but there is such a thing as rushing to market before all is ready, and it appears that HP REFUSES to play this game with its webOS devices.

PS: Please stop it with the original Pre comparisons, this is no longer Palm the broke company, just hoping something works.
    Didn't they ship the Palm Pre 2 without all announced 2.0 software features?
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Here is a Xoom vs iPad 1 comparison aticle from the Wall Street Journal:
    Motorola's Xoom Is iPad's First Real Rival - WSJ.com

...that will not be relevant by next week...

Here is the March 2 iPad 2 event leak:
    Apple to Unveil IPad 2 on March 2 in San Francisco | Kara Swisher | BoomTown | AllThingsD

If Apple is true to their past, they will announce the new iPad 2 at the same price the iPad 1 was. They will also announce that they are dropping the iPad 1 price and making it their entry level product.

So what will be the new price of the base iPad 1 that was $499? My guess is $399.

The Zoom is a good product but Motorola is competiting with the iPad from last year. The Xoom will be 100% more expensive than the product it was designed to beat.

While Motorola focused on where the iPad 1 was a year ago, Apple lapped them.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    While Motorola focused on where the iPad 1 was a year ago, Apple lapped them.
    Didn't Palm do the same exact thing? They focused on beating the iPhone 3G, but when they finally got around to releasing the original Palm Pre, Apple announced the iPhone 3GS.

Seems Motorola learned nothing from what Palm did.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Didn't Palm do the same exact thing? They focused on beating the iPhone 3G, but when they finally got around to releasing the original Palm Pre, Apple announced the iPhone 3GS.

Seems Motorola learned nothing from what Palm did.
    I don't remember Palm/HP saying they were 'focused on beating the iPhone.'
    Where'd you find that quote?

All I remember them saying is something along the lines that there's a market for many players.

Nevermind, don't answer that. It's off topic.
    Just call me Berd.
    Tried the Xoom about an hour ago at best buy. I found it frustrating. the buttons on the bottom don't look like anything. i had know clue what they did at first look. the way you move around is strange. it's not very simple. part of it is android but i didn't have that problem using an evo. it's just layed out illogically. it feels very much like windows on a tablet to me. app switching is annoying cause someone left some crappy song playing on the music player and minimized it so finding out how to cut it off was confusing. Again, i found honeycomb a bit more confusing then the old android. music player was not impressive at all. It's like all cover flow all the time. once a song was playing it was ok thought. But i dont' sit around staring at the device after i hit play so most of my use would be navigating to a song so if that is bad most of my experience playing music is bad. Gmail seemed cool but it's not like you can do much in a store. i tried to download an app but it didn't work. Don't know if there are many apps for tablets. There were widgets on the desktop. i hate widgets. they look cluttered. It's like a house with knick knacks and stuff. I can honestly say. There is zero chance i'd buy that tablet over an ipad 2. And to take it further. I don't know if i'd buy any android tablet if that's the interface. And i have little problem with android on a phone. But i'd also need to see a whole lot of apps for android tablets available too. But the if i wanted a tablet the Xoom wouldn't even be in the running.
    After a couple of hands-ons, I have to agree it's underwhelming. Seems like little care was put into the app selection for demos, too. I tapped a couple of apps like Glow Hockey, that started up only taking half the screen in some weird stretched out distortion. Horrible first impression to make.
    I agree. I played with it a bit in the store and have it on my nook color now.
    It lagged some. Rotation was slow. Some apps force closed. Movie editor was confusing. Widgets for email and im were small and not re-sizable. The matte feel of the back gave me the hibbe jeebbies.

I have a feeling Duarte will show work inspired by him more in icecream. For now ipad2 for me.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    thats weird with most reviews here I kind of liked it. I was impressed on how things worked on the OS, though some things like certain applications didnt use up all the realestate I thought they did a very good job on honeycomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    This is a perfect example of why I am puzzled when some here seem to get upset about HP's summer release. Like others, I wish the devices were market ready yesterday, but I much rather see them later than soon, if it means having to get it right with optimization of software/hardware.
    I agree, if it means to wait until june to have a fully functional device out of the box with no hiccups, lags, and all the basic functions a OS should have then yes Id rather wait and not get something that needs to be updated right after I get it (OE Palm Pre, Plus, pixi & WP7)
    I only used it for about 15 minutes at Best Buy, but I was underwhelmed by the Xoom too. Granted, as with most android devices, you need to take some time with the device to customize the interface and make it your device, but I didn't have as much trouble seeing how I could use the Galaxy Tab in my work/life like I did with the Xoom. Maybe I'm just not an adaptable mammal.
    Thought some of you might get a kick out of this:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12