Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    See this is where its hairy here.

Again, ALL CONTENT i can watch on my phone right now, is the same free content on the web. If i pay for Hulu Plus i get MORE content.

The fact they "allow" you to watch it on your TV or Mobile is neither here or there. ......

EDIT: I believe we are going to agree to disagree here....but all i'm saying is if i was getting Hulu Plus content for free...i'd agree with you. Right now, I'm circumventing their blocks on certain browsers by using one that is not blocked.

It just so happens to be on my phone

It is NOT "here nor there:" Hulu *specifically* says on their website that they do not have *authorization* from the content owners to stream Hulu in its current form on 1) mobile devices or 2) TVs.

For Hulu Plus, they DO. (and they do not have the same content, in fact it is a different mix of content - ironically, they have little of what I watch available on Hulu Plus, and a lot of what I watch on Hulu, darn it)

Period. That you can wire your computer to your TV is not streaming, and that's in the privacy of your own home.

That you use a HACK that someone built for you to circumvent their content rules is different. You want access (legally) to that content? You have to go by their revenue system - ie. buying a subscription, watching it on TV with full-on ads, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    That's changing a life the same way a Kindle does, which is to say, not in a significant way.

You want something that changes the way people communicate? Try Facebook and its 550 million users or so.

The iPad is just another successful consumer electronics product.
    I'll tell you something life changing. What Opra's make up artists are able to achieve! They pull off a miracle with her every episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    It is NOT "here nor there:" Hulu *specifically* says on their website that they do not have *authorization* from the content owners to stream Hulu in its current form on 1) mobile devices or 2) TVs.

For Hulu Plus, they DO. (and they do not have the same content, in fact it is a different mix of content - ironically, they have little of what I watch available on Hulu Plus, and a lot of what I watch on Hulu, darn it)

Period. That you can wire your computer to your TV is not streaming, and that's in the privacy of your own home.

That you use a HACK that someone built for you to circumvent their content rules is different. You want access (legally) to that content? You have to go by their revenue system - ie. buying a subscription, watching it on TV with full-on ads, etc.
    Again, find whats illegal about it. Seriously.

XDA doesn't even deal with illegal hacks...tis essentially a different users agent...you know, the same hack that the WebOS has for its browser via homebrew (who also doesn't deal with illegal things).
    You're right, we're not going to agree! Hulu will continue to block attempts of people trying to play their content in a way that Hulu does not have a license for in the current free model.

If you don't see that as taking money away from Hulu, when that is exactly what they charge for, I don't know how to make it clearer.

I am not a piracy ****, seriously - but I think its funny when people complain about companies being greedy, when I think users are just as greedy (with a tinge of spoiled entitlement on the side) by expecting to get for free something that someone else paid to create.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234