1.    #1  
    Haha, i had the opportunity to go to the Engadget Show last night and they gave everyone in the audience Powermats and a backup battery:

Haven't tried it yet because i'm still waiting for the new battery cover to come in the mail, but the backup battery is pretty sweet. My gf (who i live with) came too and so we have two of them. This will make long days nice when we can just throw these in her purse in case our battery is running low.

More on the reason for the thread title...why they gave these out is Ford is going to start integrating Powermat chargers in some of their cars (along with bluetooth connection to the entertainment system).....HP needs to really push their touchstone technology because I think the next obvious step are phone makers just incorporating the powermat technology into their phones from the beginning.
    Nice score I'm betting that this tech becomes more standardized across devices. It seems a logical progression for a standard feature in the mobile device market at some point. Nice little gift though
  3.    #3  
    My only complaint is i have a white Evo....i'm going to have a true Oreo phone when i get the battery cover haha.
    It was one of my biggest regrets that Palm bobbled their pioneering efforts in this technology and never expanded on the Touchstone idea. There should've been a Touchstone bundle version of every Palm WebOS phone on every carrier that ever carried them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It was one of my biggest regrets that Palm bobbled their pioneering efforts in this technology and never expanded on the Touchstone idea. There should've been a Touchstone bundle version of every Palm WebOS phone on every carrier that ever carried them.
    I'm in total agreement that there should have been TouchStone bundle options with all webOS phones. This was a key differentiator that wasn't pushed enough. I'm pleased to see, though, that HP is moving forward with Touchstone expansion and development with the TouchPad and Touch To Share.

Congrats again on the score, OP!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    True enough, but remember... Palm was strapped for cash and the actual product up for sale when the line was introduced was the OS itself. Ruby rushed the product to market to get the actual webOS itself to market for companies to either invest in, or purchase. If Palm had cash, they would have had the Pre 2 as the initial design and the TS bundled with it.

Now that HP is writing the checks, we'll see where they go with this stuff and if they start bundling the chargers or any accessories. (But I do agree with your initial point).