[insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    everyone copies webos
    so what else is new...
    Quote Originally Posted by wwarren2 View Post
    everyone copies webos
    1. For this to be in gingerbread, there's NO WAY they copied webOS since this feature has been known to be in WebOS for only 2 weeks. Nothing makes it into a production version of Android that quickly.

2. THIS is why HP should have released the TouchPad and Pre 3 now. They'll be "nothing new" in 4 months
    Which version we taking about here? 2.3.2?

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    everyone copies webos
    Wasn't the NFC chip that uses this in the Nexus S, announced last November and designed well before then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Which version we taking about here? 2.3.2?

Sent from my HTC HD2
    2.3.3 which was released this month.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    yea webos didnt copy apples interface at all and make the phone look almost exactly the same. fan*boy's are so funny, every company copies eachother. surprisingly being the apple hater that i am, they are the ones that copy the least lol
    With HP sitting silent I can bet you Android will be out faster with there product to the market than HP. And carrier will be in tow, not like HP, unless HP will sell there own products out of there own store something like Google tried to do with Nexus 1, what do you guys think of that possibility?
    <<thread moved>>
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    1. For this to be in gingerbread, there's NO WAY they copied webOS since this feature has been known to be in WebOS for only 2 weeks. Nothing makes it into a production version of Android that quickly.

2. THIS is why HP should have released the TouchPad and Pre 3 now. They'll be "nothing new" in 4 months
    just because we only found out about this 2 weeks ago doesn't mean that google only found out 2 weeks ago. I'm not saying that they copied the idea from HP, only saying that if they did, its possible they would have had a lot more time to work on it than 2 weeks.

*also, wasn't that feature hinted at to the public before the Feb 9 event? I thought Feb 9 was just the first time we saw it in action.
    ok...really guys?

Tap to share is merely bluetooth.....there isn't some crazy technology going on here....in fact, the Bump app on Android and iOS has done this for years.
    I'd be afraid to tap my iphone against anything. It might break :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    ok...really guys?

Tap to share is merely bluetooth.....there isn't some crazy technology going on here....in fact, the Bump app on Android and iOS has done this for years.
    Yes, Android and iOS had this for years instead of tap its bump to share. The competition is not waiting for hp to bring their devices to market... sorry got your thunder stolen again did we.

Bump: share pics and contacts by tapping phones together (Android/iPhone) | wirefresh

Sfm Evo
    NFC was announced for Android a while ago. Rumor has it NFC will be supported by the iPhone 5, newer blackberries and more Android devices. The first NFC phone was by Nokia back in 2007 but maybe they used a time machine and copied HP from the future.
    everyone copies webos
    Just because you didn't hear of this 'technology' until HP decided to implement it in webOS doesn't in fact mean that HP/Palm was the first to introduce/develop it.
    Although the tap to share or bump to share looks neat, I don't really see it being all that useful in day to day use. That was one of the features in the HP tablet I didn't really care about. My Palm Treo back 6 years ago could share info via bluetooth with another phone. Only used it to copy apps back and forth.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    you can't blame someone for copying something if you show it off and then don't get around to actually doing it in time.

Especially if you also don't bother patenting it. Have they patented ANYTHING since webOS was created?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    although it was available previously in apps for the iphne or what not.. I think what we are seeing is hp taking app ideas, and natively coding it into webOS.. Probably to differentiate itself from the others.. Which isn't a bad idea

but I do agree they do need to learn to get up to speed. I think once this initial release is out of the way they will be up to speed and you won't see delays anymore. It was just that hp had to start from scratch and it does take time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast