Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    But, we all really know the "other" users come back because they're suffering from ...

PreNess Envy
    Or maybe they like to see all the PreLess people....
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    OMG - I'm an old man, and I'll be dammed if you just didn't make me blush!!!

Well, played woman. well played!

....still laughing! ;-)
    Ha ha! I'm damn good and thanks!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Add Tap to Share to the list:
    Latest Android Gingerbread release brings NFC and Bluetooth together for tappable sharing -- Engadget

Google updated the NFC to work with bluetooth in the newest update.
    Tap to share is most likely infinitely more useful, but there was something called Bump on iPhone and Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Every time someone mentions others copying elements of webos we get all this sillyness about technically this and that and safari. Can't we just give palm credit and move on
    If Palm could get credit they would not have been brought by HP.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    ...as long as you keep updating your "pin-up" profile pics... YOU, my darling, can say whatever the heck you want!! ;-)

I LIVE for "bad!" ;-)
    At the risk of being "creepy", I concur.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    At the risk of being "creepy", I concur.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    LMFAO! No creepiness taken and thanks!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I don't have it. Envy is a wasted emotion. I'm secure enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Tap to share is most likely infinitely more useful, but there was something called Bump on iPhone and Android.
    this copies touch to share. Any android device that has nfc...
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    this copies touch to share. Any android device that has nfc...
    To understand this a little better, the difference is bump vs. tap, or the mechanism that transfer the information?
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    To understand this a little better, the difference is bump vs. tap, or the mechanism that transfer the information?

The android use of sharing information in Gingerbread onwards?

If I'm understanding your question correctly... The difference is that Touch to share is method of sharing information with yourself between devices you own and have paired (and also are using the same profile). In Android, Bluetooth is used in conjunction with NFC radio to provide instant connectivity between any two devices you like. The NFC radio provides the instant communications without the need for pairing and the bluetooth provides the bandwidth for the transfer of information.

So if I ran into you in a meeting, and you said "got a contact card?" (or a file or a URL or whatever), I'd simply hold my phone next to yours and we'd transfer it across.

The palm devices don't have NFC baked in so you don't have that level of flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The android use of sharing information in Gingerbread onwards?

If I'm understanding your question correctly... The difference is that Touch to share is method of sharing information with yourself between devices you own and have paired (and also are using the same profile). In Android, Bluetooth is used in conjunction with NFC radio to provide instant connectivity between any two devices you like. The NFC radio provides the instant communications without the need for pairing and the bluetooth provides the bandwidth for the transfer of information.

So if I ran into you in a meeting, and you said "got a contact card?" (or a file or a URL or whatever), I'd simply hold my phone next to yours and we'd transfer it across.

The palm devices don't have NFC baked in so you don't have that level of flexibility.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    So basically the HP method is PreNess to PreNess. Is this part of the PreNess Evny that is being bandied about here? I don't evny that.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 02/19/2011 at 10:02 AM.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    So basically the HP method is PreNess to PreNess. Is this part of the PreNess Evny that is being bandied about here? I don't evny that.
    In it's current form (unless I've radically misunderstood what palm are doing), you couldn't say to me "hey that restaurant you are looking at looks cool, fire me me the url" and then we touch phones or pad or combination and it would transfer, where as the NFC+Bluetooth model allows that to be done (obviously you still need apps).
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    I don't have it. Envy is a wasted emotion. I'm secure enough.
    Are you that guy?
  14.    #74  
    You guys with no PreNess keep trying to fit HP into your world. Sorry, just because you guys go one way, doesn't mean others have to go that way too.

The PreNess Envy isn't about what the Pre doesn't have, it's about the fact that you folks with no PreNess keep coming back, trying to convince us.

We're pretty happy with our PreNess. We tend to think you guys are really just envious.

PreNess Envy - the reason you keep coming back for more
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Getting a bit childish for my tastes, can we get back to the tech guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Not that i need to justify myself to you, but i was incarcerated with your beloved Pre minus for a year and five months.

I paid my dues.

Next "begged" question.
    Well if I owned a phone I couldn't stand, the last thing I would be doing would be reading up on it on a forum. Not a personal attack, I just don't get it. I have an xbox 360 but don't hang out on ps3 forums. I can understand Android owners who don't mind the Pre hanging out on these forums, but those who hate Palm, why on earth troll a forum for a product you can't stand?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    The same reason why grapes can be purple or green....

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    I like that answer.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Getting a bit childish for my tastes, can we get back to the tech guys?
    You probably picked the wrong thread then, you did read the OP, right? This was never about "tech", but more a tongue in cheek commentary on why some of you that don't own a WebOS device keep coming back.

PreNess Envy - what do you own?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Well if I owned a phone I couldn't stand, the last thing I would be doing would be reading up on it on a forum. Not a personal attack, I just don't get it. I have an xbox 360 but don't hang out on ps3 forums. I can understand Android owners who don't mind the Pre hanging out on these forums, but those who hate Palm, why on earth troll a forum for a product you can't stand?
    I've also done plenty of positive things here. Thanks for your concern.
    yeah dbd contributes to very good dumb threads all the time !!! and even says something smart too.......... well sometimes !! actually he is well versed in the operations and configurations of the pre minus antways lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast