Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    It would just be nice to say so out loud.

"We thought that the card multitasking on webOS was groovy, so we copied it"
    I suspect we will hear that on the same day HP publicly acknowledges they got the idea from Apple's implementation, along with Pinch/Zoom, and a host of other features.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I suspect we will hear that on the same day HP publicly acknowledges they got the idea from Apple's implementation, along with Pinch/Zoom, and a host of other features.
    Perhaps but only after Apple acknowledges they got the idea from Palm's implementation, along with the grid of icons, mute switch, and a host of other features.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Perhaps but only after Apple acknowledges they got the idea from Palm's implementation, along with the grid of icons, mute switch, and a host of other features.
    Perhaps, but only after Palm admits the inspiration they got from the Newton.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    C'mon now, Apple has yet to admit they stole the whole GUI idea from Xerox and DRI.

Your PreNess Envy is showing
    All I'll add to this thread is this: One thing that no one is copying from webOS is LAG.

Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    All I'll add to this thread is this: One thing that no one is copying from webOS is LAG.

Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think you're entirely too focused on our PreNess, and the desire for us to acquire some sort of detachable PreNess is ... well ...

Ewww.
    You just didn't catch the reference. That shows your age.

I do, and nowadays, that shows my age.

Is there really a thread about copying ideas in a tech company?

News flash...not every idea is going to be some revolutionary innovative thing...sometimes ideas are copied because they just make sense.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Is there really a thread about copying ideas in a tech company?

News flash...not every idea is going to be some revolutionary innovative thing...sometimes ideas are copied because they just make sense.
    The OP (me) has made that same statement several times. The thread really wasn't about copying. Copying was used, so we could discuss Envy. Pre was used because it is a Pre/WebOS forum. PreNess was used because they're keeping the name, and the Envy is all about being Pre-like. I didn't use Pre-like because Pre-like Envy is no where near as funny as PreNess Envy.

I really like the Law and Order TV shows, including L&O Special Victims Unit. You probably know, each episode starts with In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous... and each time, I say "Awww, he said heinous"

I know, I know - dumb, immature, silly, but it still makes my wife laugh.

But, we all really know the "other" users come back because they're suffering from ...

PreNess Envy
    Last edited by hparsons; 02/18/2011 at 01:10 PM.
    ... and each time, I say "Awww, he said heinous"

But, we all really know the "other" users come back because they're suffering from ...

PreNess Envy
    Your wife tells you she loves you.

WE never told you that.
    The OP (me) has made that same statement several times. The thread really wasn't about copying. Copying was used, so we could discuss Envy. Pre was used because it is a Pre/WebOS forum. PreNess was used because they're keeping the name, and the Envy is all about being Pre-like. I didn't use Pre-like because Pre-like Envy is no where near as funny as PreNess Envy.

I really like the Law and Order TV shows, including L&O Special Victims Unit. You probably know, each episode starts with In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous... and each time, I say "Awww, he said heinous"

PreNess Envy
    lol
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Your wife tells you she loves you.

WE never told you that.
    I was going to make a comment about why she loves me, but I figured totally ruining the opening to L&OSFU so that you're going to focus on "heinous" each time you hear it was a bad enough mental image to scar you with.
    Add Tap to Share to the list:
    Latest Android Gingerbread release brings NFC and Bluetooth together for tappable sharing -- Engadget

Google updated the NFC to work with bluetooth in the newest update.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post

Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Maybe Microsoft and RIM got the idea from iOS' Safari card view, which was introduced in 2007.
    would be kinda hard to touch and flick cards off your screen back in 2007. Lol.
    I'm not feeling the PreNess Envy thing.
    Which begs the question... Android users are on a Pre forum because...
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    The same reason why grapes can be purple or green....

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    The same reason why grapes can be purple or green....

Oooh! Good answer!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Not that i need to justify myself to you, but i was incarcerated with your beloved Pre minus for a year and five months.

I paid my dues.

Next "begged" question.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/18/2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Not that i need to justify myself to you, but i was stuck with your beloved Pre minus for a year and five months.

I paid my dues.

Next question.
    +1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast