Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If both the National Enquirer and Radar are right, what would this mean for the future of the iPhone and Apple?

Steve Jobs Has "6 Weeks to Live | Gizmodo

Is Jonathan Ive enough to keep Apple competitive and relevant?
    Last edited by deesugar; 02/17/2011 at 04:36 PM.
    For ***** sake, if Steve truly is in the final weeks of his life, can he not have some respect and privacy?
  3.    #3  
    Not when you are a public figure and have a Board of Directors to answer to. It sucks being rich and famous sometimes. Hope he gets better but Apple's stock is starting to go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    For ***** sake, if Steve truly is in the final weeks of his life, can he not have some respect and privacy?
    Thank you! Just ridiculous.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    steve jobs, as a hologram from an advanced ipad, will allways be the leader of apple
    Apparently Obama is meeting with Jobs and Zuckerberg today
    President Obama to Meet with Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg Today | Complex.com
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Not when you are a public figure and have a Board of Directors to answer to. It sucks being rich and famous sometimes.
    Very true!
    Not when Apple's stock fluctuates according to his health. If Jobs kicks the bucket, a whole bunch of people will dump Apple stock, tech pundits will question the future of Apple, and general panic will ensue.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Not when Apple's stock fluctuates according to his health. If Jobs kicks the bucket, a whole bunch of people will dump Apple stock, tech pundits will question the future of Apple, and general panic will ensue.
    And after that the really bad things start happening:

1. iPhone fan boys commit mass suicide
    2. iPhone users wander aimlessly on streets murmuring to themselves
    3. iPhone accessory companies go under and crash the economy
    4. iPhone app developers have to get out of their mom's basement and get a real job!

That's just on the first day.
    iPhone app developers have to get out of their mom's basement and get a real job!
    Like developing apps for webOS.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Like developing apps for webOS.
    Is there anyone doing that anymore or are they just claiming to be for a free Pre 2?
    This is going to an all-time low. I thought the internet articles were bad, but the criticism and mockery of someone possibly dying here is just absurd and distasteful.
    Not when you are a public figure and have a Board of Directors to answer to. It sucks being rich and famous sometimes. Hope he gets better but Apple's stock is starting to go down.
    As board members of the most valuable tech company on the planet, overseeing a CEO who has had a life threatening illness for years, I am going to go out on a limb and say their succession planning is probably in order. But the board thanks you for their concern and calling their attention to a problem they may have missed.

I say that even though the possible faux concern for a guy who is gravely is rather distasteful.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    The return of WOZ, will save the day.
    I think he's a little too crazy to be CEO of any company, let alone Apple. The board would never approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Apparently Obama is meeting with Jobs and Zuckerberg today
    President Obama to Meet with Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg Today | Complex.com
    He's going to mediate the issue between Facebook and Ping!
    This is going to an all-time low. I thought the internet articles were bad, but the criticism and mockery of someone possibly dying here is just absurd and distasteful.
    I stopped doing estate planning after a year. This is what you run into. It got to be too much having to tip toe around delicate topics. That might be worse than selling life insurance.

To answer the OP, Apple would still be Apple. But they lose the only guy that has the charisma and power to make everyone do what he says there. Apple has thrived on that singular vision.

Apple may very well have his successor in place, but he (or she) still won't have that authority that Jobs carried with him.

Hopefully they choose well and decide to really give his successor that Jobs like control.
    i d like webos rise without anybody claiming its because of steves gone
    One word:

"Solid".

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    i d like webos rise without anybody claiming its because of steves gone
    Webos's failure was nothing to do with Steve.

Sent from Tapatalk
  20.    #20  
    Barkerja, I don't see anyone here mocking the rumor of Steve dying. We are mocking what could happen to the giant Apple ecosystem if he was no longer CEO.

It wouldn't matter if:

• He was kidnapped and held for ransom by Code Pink
    • Had a Tiger Woods style sexscapade
    • Truth of his plot to horde stem cells in order to clone a Shakey's Pizza came out

Or just plain retired, we don't wish harm on him or anyone and hope he recovers and lives a long life. However the influence of Steve has far reaching and rippling effects on the world and it's hard not to address that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast