Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Barkerja, I don't see anyone here mocking the rumor of Steve dying. We are mocking what could happen to the giant Apple ecosystem if he was no longer CEO.

It wouldn't matter if:

• He was kidnapped and held for ransom by Code Pink
    • Had a Tiger Woods style sexscapade
    • Truth of his plot to horde stem cells in order to clone a Shakey's Pizza came out

Or just plain retired, we don't wish harm on him or anyone and hope he recovers and lives a long life. However the influence of Steve has far reaching and rippling effects on the world and it's hard not to address that.
    If your thread subject featured some of this eloquent style, rather than the tasteless tone it carries currently, fewer people would be bent out of shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    The return of WOZ, will save the day.

sent from my Evo 4g using tapatalk pro
    WOZ is too cool to do that anymore.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    If your thread subject featured some of this eloquent style, rather than the tasteless tone it carries currently, fewer people would be bent out of shape.
    VCI I was going with pithy when choosing a subject (it's always best), I didn't really think about it too much. Being that this is just a rumor I never would have guessed people would be that sensitive over something not proven to be true.

But I acquiesced and changed the subject to those few souls that are prone to loose their shape.
    I allways thought he looked strong and agile on stage. Sucks that this might not be the case.

Hopefully apple will continue to pump out cool products that r competetive, borrow from the best ideas, and come up with new ones.
    Nah, people who want to feel offended are going to find a way to do so regardless.
  6.    #26  
    Getting back on topic...

If Steve were to leave, certainly nothing would happen to Apple overnight and a new carefully selected CEO would take the reins. Apple could easily go on autopilot for about a year.

Now, after a year or so we might start seeing little deviations from Steve's vision. Nothing big at first but just things that make you look up for a second and say, "Hmmm"

Eventually changes would get bigger and we'd see a clear fork from the vision that Steve had. It's at this point I feel will would be critical to Apple and could radically effect the company, it's position and it's products.

I guess the question is:

What is Apple without Steve?
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Not when Apple's stock fluctuates according to his health. If Jobs kicks the bucket, a whole bunch of people will dump Apple stock, tech pundits will question the future of Apple, and general panic will ensue.
    And after that the really bad things start happening:

1. iPhone fan boys commit mass suicide
    2. iPhone users wander aimlessly on streets murmuring to themselves
    3. iPhone accessory companies go under and crash the economy
    4. iPhone app developers have to get out of their mom's basement and get a real job!

That's just on the first day.
    Tasteless!
    if this is true, it will be a sad sad day for the tech industry when Steve passes on. whether you love or hate apple products, Jobs and his company have produced some remarkable products, that have changed the way we, think about and, use personal electronics. I pray for Steve and his family.

As much of a driving force Jobs has been for Apple, my opinion is that Apple is pretty self sustaining at this point, at least for a few years. Jobs is an intelligent guy, and a forward thinker, but i doubt he is solely responsible for the ipad/iphone/OSX etc. He has put together a great team of minds that will continue Job's legacy.

Different site has picked up the story as well, link below.
    Steve Jobs? Just Six Weeks To Live? | The Blaze
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I suspect we will see the release of some really cool products much sooner than intended.

The world will not be the same.

Everyone would have to derive their innovative spark from someone else. Just imagine if SJ wasn't around for the past 15 years. No iMac, MBP, MBA, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, iPad. We would all have knockoffs of cassette playing Walkmen. Symbian would define the smartphone experience.

What a wondrous time we live in. What interesting days are ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Nah, people who want to feel offended are going to find a way to do so regardless.
    ladies and gentlemen, THE TRUTH
    Ironic!
    There is a time and place for laughter and frivolity. At the foot of a deathbed is not one of them.
    I suspect we will see the release of some really cool products much sooner than intended.

The world will not be the same.

Everyone would have to derive their innovative spark from someone else. Just imagine if SJ wasn't around for the past 15 years. No iMac, MBP, MBA, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, iPad. We would all have knockoffs of cassette playing Walkmen. Symbian would define the smartphone experience.

What a wondrous time we live in. What interesting days are ahead.
    As usual your messianic devotion is clouding your thought processes. The Digital Audio Player was invented in 1979, the ipod came out in 2001.
    There is a time and place for laughter and frivolity. At the foot of a deathbed is not one of them.
    I've seen nothing distasteful in this tread. Get a grip. None of us are getting out of this world alive.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    You know I didn't quite believe that line at first but after trying to make amends and trying to get back on topic... in a serious way mind you. I now see what you mean.

On so many levels this is ludicrous:

• It's an Internet rumor, not fact
    • Nobody is on a "Death Bed"
    • The so called "tasteless" comments are lampoons of everyone but SJ
    • This thread is about what would happen to Apple and it's ecosystem not SJ

No matter how many times I repeat this, the sensitivity trolls will come crawling back

There is an option to go to another thread if you don't like this one. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread.
    "Kick the Bucket" just sounds harsh.

It will be interesting to see what would happen just to understand how much Job's actually brought to ideas and designs there.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    You know I didn't quite believe that line at first but after trying to make amends and trying to get back on topic... in a serious way mind you. I now see what you mean.

On so many levels this is ludicrous:

• It's an Internet rumor, not fact
    • Nobody is on a "Death Bed"
    • The so called "tasteless" comments are lampoons of everyone but SJ
    • This thread is about what would happen to Apple and it's ecosystem not SJ

No matter how many times I repeat this, the sensitivity trolls will come crawling back

There is an option to go to another thread if you don't like this one. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread.

This, less than two hours after leading a post with "getting back on topic ..." ?

For real?
  18.    #38  
    This, less than two hours after leading a post with "getting back on topic ..." ?

For real?
    Yeah I know, looks like people would rather talk about how racy the thread is. Will you join me VCI and get us back on topic?

What are you feelings about this?
    Getting back on topic...

If Steve were to leave, certainly nothing would happen to Apple overnight and a new carefully selected CEO would take the reins. Apple could easily go on autopilot for about a year.

Now, after a year or so we might start seeing little deviations from Steve's vision. Nothing big at first but just things that make you look up for a second and say, "Hmmm"

Eventually changes would get bigger and we'd see a clear fork from the vision that Steve had. It's at this point I feel will would be critical to Apple and could radically effect the company, it's position and it's products.

I guess the question is:

What is Apple without Steve?
    Sorry deesugar for getting OT but I had to respond to the feigned indignity.

Personally I think Apple will be just fine.
    I hear Jeopardy was just the test run. But they're doing to download Jobs into Watson. That mysterious data center in North Carolina? Now ya know..

Though the exact purpose of the massive server farm remains unknown, analysts speculate that it will play a central role in Apple's move toward ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast