Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    according to the article its happened before.. wow
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, since it was an iPhone, they comment on it having happened to other Apple products, but it's also happened to items from other companies.

Sent from my eVo
    I assume it was thermal runaway, which isn't all that uncommon in electronics w/ batteries (it's actually the battery that is the issue and not the actual device).
    Well, at least he has a removable battery now like the rest of us. ;-)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Well, at least he has a removable battery now like the rest of us. ;-)
    Ha ha! True.

Sent from my eVo
    So, if you are bitten by a dog, do you return to the same dog hoping it won't bite again? Seems I saw that analogy one here recently...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    So, if you are bitten by a dog, do you return to the same dog hoping it won't bite again? Seems I saw that analogy one here recently...
    Are you saying that a dog bite caused the phone to blow up and in turn made the guy go back to said dog to get bit again?

That's preposterous.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

If one Shepard bites, doesnt mean other will also.l
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    if a tree falls does anyone care??

more importantly

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” Jack Handy
  11.    #11  
    We've seen many examples on here that people do that very thing.

Sent from my eVo
    Yep! 6-10 Pre replacements, I've seen some people post. If you like a phone that much, that's what happens.

I'm on a 4th replacement Intercept and this one is almost perfect and will not be getting replaced. I had to replace my 3G iPhone twice but this one is also almost perfect. So sometimes it works out eventually.

Though I do have to say none of the problems were exploding batteries, thank goodness!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Are you saying that a dog bite caused the phone to blow up and in turn made the guy go back to said dog to get bit again?

That's preposterous.
    Agreed, but there's been a lot of preposterous stuff going around here lately.

Disclaimer The above post is not meant to imply that moderators are not doing their jobs. I believe that any discussion forum will tend to attract a certain number of preposterous posts. Allowing them to remain not only addes to the forum itself, but allows other participants the opportunity to evaluate the level of preposterousness of participants.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yep! 6-10 Pre replacements, I've seen some people post. If you like a phone that much, that's what happens.

I'm on a 4th replacement Intercept and this one is almost perfect and will not be getting replaced. I had to replace my 3G iPhone twice but this one is also almost perfect. So sometimes it works out eventually.

Though I do have to say none of the problems were exploding batteries, thank goodness!!
    To this, I'd have to respond: Oreo effects, broken USB ports, unresponsive power button, those things are all quite a bit different than a phone exploding.

One is a dog not doing what he's supposed to do. The other is the dog biting.
    I think the analogy you're looking for there is the dog peeing on the carpet or chewing up your socks verse the dog mauling your face.
    Agreed, but there's been a lot of preposterous stuff going around here lately.

Disclaimer The above post is not meant to imply that moderators are not doing their jobs. I believe that any discussion forum will tend to attract a certain number of preposterous posts. Allowing them to remain not only adds to the forum itself, but allows other participants the opportunity to evaluate the level of preposterousness of participants.
    Preposterousnesserously
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Maybe he also looked at the odds. Honestly, it's rare for an OEM phone battery to explode. Knock off batteries are another story. Also there have not been stories of this happening on a widespread basis.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Maybe he also looked at the odds. Honestly, it's rare for an OEM phone battery to explode. Knock off batteries are another story. Also there have not been stories of this happening on a widespread basis.
    I agree it's rare. Shoot, I've never heard of a Pre battery exploding. Maybe it's that closed up case that can't be opened that caused the iPhone(s) to blow up.
  19.    #19  
    I agree it's rare. Shoot, I've never heard of a Pre battery exploding. Maybe it's that closed up case that can't be opened that caused the iPhone(s) to blow up.
    Doubtful, as similar things have happened with other phones that do have removeable backs and batteries.

Sent from my eVo
  20.    #20  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast