0 0%
  • Nokia

1 2.70%
  • The best has yet to emerge

0 0%
  • Other, not mentioned

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    By June 2013, who do you think will control the phone market? Not providers but the makers.

Try to vote on what platform you think will be the leader, not what platform you WANT to be the leader.

Edit: I realise I screwed up on the poll title. It shouldn't be who will rule the market but rather who will be leading the sales.
    Last edited by manordwall; 02/17/2011 at 06:12 PM.
    I think it's impossible to predict. If you had asked in 2008 which platform will have the biggest sales in 2010, most people would bet iPhone. Some would bet on Blackberry, and some crazies would have said their Treo was the best. Look at the landscape now. Android is dominating. Who predicted that?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I saw the title and voted based on that. Android. Simple.

But in your first sentence you changed this to "who do you think will control the phone market by June 2013. That would be Apple. They already do. They set the price ceiling for many. They set up consumer expectations. Not totally of course, but of all the makers they easily have the most influence or "control."
    The thread title:

Which platform will have the biggest sales in 2013?

... is completely different than the poll question:

Who will rule the smartphone market

Would you like the poll question changed to match the thread title?

No one will "rule" the smartphone market in 2013, having dominated all others out. Windows has a 90% marketshare in personal computers but they are far from ruling PC's. The answer to the current poll quesiton is null set.
    I hope by that time webOS gets licensed, and we rule the world!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The thread title:

Who will rule the smartphone market

Would you like the poll question changed to match the thread title?

No one will "rule" the smartphone market in 2013, having dominated all others out. Windows has a 90% marketshare in personal computers but they are far from ruling PC's. The answer to the current poll quesiton is null set.
    Yes, can you edit the poll title to be the the same as the thread title.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The thread title:

100% correct. "which platform will have the biggest sales in 2013" would include tablets and anything else which is different then the poll which only says "smartphones."

Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Yes, can you edit the poll title to be the the same as the thread title.
    well that stinks cause i voted for the poll according to the poll question not the thread title. And the answer may be different. either way i'd bet on android cause last i check almost 20 million more android smartphones were sold then apple in 2010. regardless by 2013 who knows but i'd still bet on android.

Edit: yeah i think i agree with the above post "rule" is way too simplistic. I have no clue if anyone will "rule".
    Windows 7.

Not WP7. Microsoft is going to actually get manufactures to stuff Windows 7 onto smartphones and finally take over the mobile market!