Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    from BGR:

One of our Apple sources has shared some very sensitive information on first-week Verizon iPhone launch sales with us. Itís quite interesting ó weíre being told sales are performing a little under what Apple and Verizon anticipated, and we have the data to show it. Below are unit sales totals from five Apple stores combined (including two very, very prominent Apple stores) showing both Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 sales during the Verizon iPhoneís first five days of availability:

Thursday: Verizon = 909, AT&T = 539
    Friday: Verizon = 916, AT&T = 680
    Saturday: Verizon = 660, AT&T = 471
    Sunday: Verizon = 796, AT&T = 701
    Monday: Verizon = 711, AT&T = 618
    Additionally, we have been told that online pre-orders between Verizon and Apple amounted to around 550,000 units. We also have some statistics on whoís buying Verizon iPhones to share with you: 30% of people buying Verizon iPhones were Android users, just over 25% of people buying iPhone 4 were BlackBerry users, and only 14% of people buying the Verizon iPhone were AT&T iPhone owners. The remaining percent didnít want to say, didnít have a smartphone, or didnít have a phone prior to making their iPhone 4 purchases last week.

Thanks, Lindsey S.!

Exclusive: Verizon iPhone sales fail to meet expectations | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    If AT&T hadn't raised the ETF(and we know why they did), there'd have been more defectors.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't understand how you can accurately portray these figures based on a small sample from 5 Apple stores. What about all the Verizon stores, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. that have sold Verizon iPhones?
    For me, I don't know how, unless you know the projections, if those numbers are bad or good.

I mean, it looks like a lot to me.

And every day - literally - I get a post on my facebook wall from friends who just received/ordered their iPhone4.

It's constant.
    lol... they had several hundred thousand pre orders and still outsold the ATT iPhone at retail outlets. That's what I call shooting for the stars and hitting the moon.

If these were low, what would have made them happy, I wonder....?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

You can't call this one way or another until you know what said "expectations" were. Or....err....what Finngirl said.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    What surprises me is the relative robustness of AT&T iPhone retail sales. That tells me that most people are buying them because their renewal date comes up - not to look for the newest thing or even waiting for the iPhone 5.
    That's nothing new though. AT&T has always reported strong 2Q iPhone sales (when you'd think sales would taper off).
    ATT still has MILLIONS of customers that do not have iPhones. I'd say there is plenty of room for growth.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    What surprises me is the relative robustness of AT&T iPhone retail sales. That tells me that most people are buying them because their renewal date comes up - not to look for the newest thing or even waiting for the iPhone 5.
    Most consumers don't even realize the iPhone is on a yearly cycle, with a new one releasing every June/July. Slightly funny, and related, my sister just yesterday asked if her iPhone had 4G. What's even funnier is she doesn't even know what 4G is but she heard it somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Most consumers don't even realize the iPhone is on a yearly cycle, with a new one releasing every June/July. Slightly funny, and related, my sister just yesterday asked if her iPhone had 4G. What's even funnier is she doesn't even know what 4G is but she heard it somewhere.
    That's the one thing that is true across all platforms and marketing people know it. Say something with enough enthusiasm and it becomes a must have, even if you don't know why or what to do with it.

Apple does this very well.

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I have a few nieces on facebook. Sometime one of them and her friends will bring up phones. Usually involves those on sprint and what phone to get. One of her friends mentioned the Evo. Another friend of hers comments " i wish i could get one, its got 4G and I can't get a signal in my house with just 3G". And so this goes on for a bit.."yeah, my mom has the Evo, it sounds much better for sure..I'm getting 4G next time"

Nevermind that Sprint doesn't even have 4G coverage here.
    only 4 or 5 iphone stores. No Best Buy, Walmart, Verizon. No online numbers. And i've only heard this story from BGR and not corroborated anywhere else I just have no clue of it's reliability.

But i look at those numbers all i see is that they are selling more Verizon phones then AT&T ones. But AT&T sales haven't dropped.

So Apple's selling just as many iphones on AT&T but now adding more users on Verizon. If this keeps up they'll eventually have doubled their U.S. Userbase. Not to mention there are people, like me, that are locked to a contract so it's not affordable to switch now. The plus with the Iphone 5 around the corner i'm sure people that otherwise may have paid extra to upgrade now are saying, "i'll just wait till my contract is up around the iphone 5 release time and not pay so much."

tech people and ******* want to bill it as a fight between at&t and verizon but Apple isn't trying to sell to the same AT&t people it already has just now sell to them on verizon. Apple is trying to sell to entirely new people on Verizon while retaining the AT&T people. Apple wants more iphone users total not just the same users on a different network.

I think if apple is not losing sales on AT&T and doing just as well on verizon investors will be thrilled with the profits that come from essentially doubling your U.S. sales.
    Does Apple even have real stores? like on the ground that I can walk into? I have never actually heard of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Does Apple even have real stores? like on the ground that I can walk into? I have never actually heard of that.
    Yes, they do!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    are you being serious or kidding? It's hard to tell on the internet.
    Just in case you were being serious: Apple Store - Fifth Avenue - Gallery and http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

That's one of many Apple stores.
    I was just about to post that from a different source. So my question, does that constitute a successful launch? I mean, I know it is no Sprint Pre or Verizon Pre 2, but is it acceptable?
    Analyst estimates are nothing to get excited about one way or the other. Verizon quarterly estimates can't be that far off. They should have the hard data there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast