Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    facebook page for shareholders trying to win election to board with the goal of replacing Elop (formerly of microsoft and architect of their WP7 deal), turning back from WP7 (only releasing 1 or 2 phones with it to satisfy obligations) and focus on Meego for future while extending lifespan of Symbian.
    Ugh...I love how Nokia fans were fine with Nokia just slowly losing their prescense in the market with no proven future strategy. Meego is far from complete and you have to convince the world to start developing on a new platform.

Nokia would be going the way of Palm if they kept on the same stale path they were on. I understand people are upset...but Nokia's windows phone 7 strategy will at least give them software that isn't stuck in the past and has an ecosystem and has developer support.

Also coming in on relatively the ground floor of it can make them the go to hardware guys for window phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    facebook page for shareholders trying to win election to board with the goal of replacing Elop (formerly of microsoft and architect of their WP7 deal), turning back from WP7 (only releasing 1 or 2 phones with it to satisfy obligations) and focus on Meego for future while extending lifespan of Symbian.
    because everyone just LISTENS to Facebok Pages/Groups to make a company/govt etc.. change ... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!
    it does seem odd that the guy left microsoft for a competitor and then steers the company right in to bed with microsoft.

sounds like some back room dealing by both companies. That would get a some jail time if that were the case.
    I think I'm going to buy a lot of NOK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it does seem odd that the guy left microsoft for a competitor and then steers the company right in to bed with microsoft.

sounds like some back room dealing by both companies. That would get a some jail time if that were the case.
    Or the fact the head of Nokia America is now an ex MS dude as well?

Either way...only thing illegal is if money isn't reported. If the shareholders board really didn't agree with the direction, they could vote him out...but the direction they were heading in was no where.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    His shareholdings were public record when he was appointed, it's not like he sneaked in with nobody knowing....
    Yeah there is nothing wrong with whats going on with Nokia and MS.
    I can't wait to see how Nokia becomes the new phone division within Microsoft for 0 billion dollars. It is a Microsoft win! and a Nokia loss.
    At 9 dollars a share, I think we all win!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I can't wait to see how Nokia becomes the new phone division within Microsoft for 0 billion dollars. It is a Microsoft win! and a Nokia loss.
    Doubtful.

They are getting their ***** kicked in everything but dumbphones @ this point. That portion of their market is getting eaten alive by Chinese OEMs and it's only going to get worse.

They should've jumped on WebOS last year, but alas, they didn't and here we are. They don't have a lot of options.

Meego is a dog, it might have potential, but it's not going to launch anytime soon. Symbian is as dead as a doornail.

They've already ****ed away billions in R&D and have little to zero to show for it.

I fail to see how this move will make things any worse for them long term. Sure, they give up some control, but they need products that are of interest in the higher end.
    The biggest problem for Nokia is they don't have product to ship right now.

The good thing is this forces them to cut the fat. I mean, my god, this company had 5000 people on payroll working on Symbian UX. 5000!
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The biggest problem for Nokia is they don't have product to ship right now.

The good thing is this forces them to cut the fat. I mean, my god, this company had 5000 people on payroll working on Symbian UX. 5000!

It blew my mind when I saw that - what on earth are they all doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Making this:

Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Reminds me of the old Soviet saying:

"We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us"
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    You listen to engadget podcast as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    You listen to engadget podcast as well?
    Yeah, but I don't agree with Nokia making WP7 phones only! They should have gone with Android, WP7 and continue the development of Meego. Now, they have lost their identity completely.
    their identity was lost in the US a LOOOOOOONG time ago.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post

Nokia Plan B was just a hoax all along -- Engadget
    has anybody noticed that all WP7 devices are looking exactly the same. This concept of hardware-specification is the biggest failure in mobile history. How can i deceide which phone to buy, when they are all the same just with a different brand. Nokia is such a big company they should have gone with android and wp7 at the same time. With wp7 microsoft is producing mobile devices without production site or development costs, because others are building what they choose. I am still surprised that there are so many companies still working for/with ms