Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The other bad thing about the Pre cameras and I don't think it changed in the newer versions is the lack of options for the setting... only flash settings. I guess it's part of their quest to be like the Iphone... if the Iphone don't have it we don't need it.

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    That's a really cool pic.

Sent from my eVo
    Thanks. I took a bunch Of amazing pictures yesterday. This camera has more settings and options then my real digital camera.

Evo-lution
    Evo-lution
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskate View Post
    For all the people complaining about HP and the Pre3 and bragging about Android and other manufacturers, I wanted to point out what HTC announced today.

HTC refreshes Android lineup with Incredible S, Desire S and Wildfire S (update: hands-on) -- Engadget

Basically they just rehashed their phones from last year. They didn't even update the software on it, they're running Android 2.2. None of them are using dual core processors, they're all running 1GHz or slower. The cameras don't seem much better if any than the Pre. The Incredible S will have 8mp, and the Desire S will have 5mp. No resolution improvements besides the Wildfire moving up to HVGA.

See, we don't have it so bad with the Pre3! I would imagine these are going to be coming out about the same time as the Pre3, and now that 1.4GHz processor doesn't seem so bad.
    One difference, there are numerous choices in Android, so a few non cutting edge hohum Android devices is not the same thing as one "flagship" webOS device.

Your logic escapes you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Know what DOES suck on the Evo though? The video recording.

Quality wise is ok...but my god is the audio terrible.

Edit: Here is an example:
    Here are a couple of videos I took back in November with the iPhone 4 when in Denmark. Kind of gives an idea of how well it does in low light (but also shows how terrible of a videographer I am and the terrible Youtube compression).

Quote Originally Posted by speedskate View Post
    For all the people complaining about HP and the Pre3 and bragging about Android and other manufacturers, I wanted to point out what HTC announced today.

HTC refreshes Android lineup with Incredible S, Desire S and Wildfire S (update: hands-on) -- Engadget

Basically they just rehashed their phones from last year. They didn't even update the software on it, they're running Android 2.2. None of them are using dual core processors, they're all running 1GHz or slower. The cameras don't seem much better if any than the Pre. The Incredible S will have 8mp, and the Desire S will have 5mp. No resolution improvements besides the Wildfire moving up to HVGA.

See, we don't have it so bad with the Pre3! I would imagine these are going to be coming out about the same time as the Pre3, and now that 1.4GHz processor doesn't seem so bad.
    i think these are valid points. But i don't think it's all about just specs. I can only speak for myself but my issues are more then merely having some certain ghz of processor. Like i didn't know what my Pre's processor speed was until the day i found out someone had released an overclocking kernal. before that the idea didn't cross my mind. My issues are things like the apps, the software, the form factor. And several other things. i don't have an interest in bashing webos but for me it's not all about specs. Some are important some arent' to me. Like if the OS is snappy i couldn't care less what ghz it has. If the pictures are good i don't care what megapixels the camera has. If you have the apps i want i don't care about certain other things. Specs just aren't the end all and be all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    The camera's auto settings are always bunked....i keep the iso at 100:

< snip >

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but none run circles around either. The extra bump is megapixels will mean pretty much nothing in these phones....its all about sensor size. iPhone 4 and Nokia N8 easily take the best pictures on phones these days.
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...e-5-camera.ars

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123