Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21  
    I think your pre must be the unwanted stepchild.

    mine loads in 2 seconds

    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    There is really nothing i miss about my Pre's camera.

    What good is capturing an action shot when your camera app takes 10+ seconds to load?

    Additionally, if you turn off auto focus you can take faster shots on the Evo. The Pre3 should be similar in that regard (if they let you turn off auto focus).
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Lets be real...no camera's take good night time shots....here is one of Quest love with my Pre:


    They are all serviceable...but half the time i don't bother to take it out at night.
    Quest is a bit out of focus because it's really a pic of a younger Dwight from "The Office".
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I think your pre must be the unwanted stepchild.

    mine loads in 2 seconds
    Camera load time varies on the Pre, but I've never been able to load it up in 2 seconds.
  4. #24  
    What taharka said.

    Some days it would be quick...others i'd get the grey camera app screen of death for like 10 seconds....sometimes i've had it not open at all.

    It actually seemed to get worse with each Palm update. It became EXTREMELY frustrating and it was embarrassing if i had people lined up to take a picture and it just took forever to come up.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Ummm...i highly doubt the Pre was faster in opening anything.

    This is from my overclocked Pre minus. The thing was slow...bottom line...esp. with launching most apps (save the phone dialer...but even that sometimes).


    If its one thing it wasn't...was fast.
    well it was I have a plus version modified to work on sprint. Regardless if that post makes you or anyone a believer, for me (which of course is the only concern) it was the deciding factor on keeping my pre and selling the EVO. The Evo is a nice device, but when I looked at what applications I needed in my everyday use, and found that it was available on webos, as well as the phone performed better (or just as good) as the EVO did I chose the OS that I felt was better for me Webos.
  6. #26  
    I'm sure the plus was better and i miss the ideas behind webos....but same as you, the phone simply started not suit my needs and became a hinderance more than it was helping.

    Google maps was another one...i use that very often, and there were times, usually coming out of the subway (i live in NYC) and it would go liek this.

    1. Get my phone out
    2. Wait way to long for the data service to come back on (time varied, but the longer there was no service, the longer it seemed to find a data connection again).
    3. Open Google maps....load time varied again, but there were times i would be sitting there 30 seconds just for the map to load in properly.

    I mean, i was looking at a 2 minute wait when all was said and done before i could finish looking up an address. Just utterly frustrating is the best i can describe it. Esp. when i would look at EVERY other platform and google maps ( or bing maps with windows phone).

    Even my old Blackberry Curve worked better with google maps.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Milominderbinder actually did a great study regarding app load times. The Pre (even overclocked) is significantly slower than other phones.

    Sent from my HTC HD2
    ok, and that means what exactly......I did as well for my own personal use, so his results are his own as are mine. Mine showed better speed time in most apps (some were slower like the google maps, though I have sprint nav) so in conclusion as just posted above was the reason for my selling of my EVO and keeping the pre.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ok, and that means what exactly......I did as well for my own personal use, so his results are his own as are mine. Mine showed better speed time in most apps (some were slower like the google maps, though I have sprint nav) so in conclusion as just posted above was the reason for my selling of my EVO and keeping the pre.
    He didn't do the testing himself. He got a lot of data from many users from all platforms. I'll try to find the thread...

    Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    well it was I have a plus version modified to work on sprint. Regardless if that post makes you or anyone a believer, for me (which of course is the only concern) it was the deciding factor on keeping my pre and selling the EVO. The Evo is a nice device, but when I looked at what applications I needed in my everyday use, and found that it was available on webos, as well as the phone performed better (or just as good) as the EVO did I chose the OS that I felt was better for me Webos.
    I'm not doubting you, but you can understand why your statement was hard to believe, right?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I'm sure the plus was better and i miss the ideas behind webos....but same as you, the phone simply started not suit my needs and became a hinderance more than it was helping.

    Google maps was another one...i use that very often, and there were times, usually coming out of the subway (i live in NYC) and it would go liek this.

    1. Get my phone out
    2. Wait way to long for the data service to come back on (time varied, but the longer there was no service, the longer it seemed to find a data connection again).
    3. Open Google maps....load time varied again, but there were times i would be sitting there 30 seconds just for the map to load in properly.

    I mean, i was looking at a 2 minute wait when all was said and done before i could finish looking up an address. Just utterly frustrating is the best i can describe it. Esp. when i would look at EVERY other platform and google maps ( or bing maps with windows phone).

    Even my old Blackberry Curve worked better with google maps.


    lol now your def right with that one, I have no clue on why google maps runs so slow on webos, maybe its the lack of updates most likely. I hear you, and really if the Evo was a bit smaller like 3.7, 3.8 I prob would have kept it since I really loved the EVO regardless of prefering the Webos experiance. Luckly I have sprint, and use the sprint nav for most of my navigation, and YP Mobile when looking up where things are in my area real fast. You know it is each to its own, and I see people bash webos just to bash, because Im believe im honest when it comes to OS's, and will say Android is a great OS, I have little complaints, and would pick it 100 times over IOS, BB, or WM (not WP7 though). I just see as my preference being how Webos works, and yes OC a Plus to 1.2ghz I dont have lag, or hiccups at all really atleast noticable. i have had times I needed to do a task fast and it has not failed me, and I have compared test times with other newer devices and in my test things are comparable thats all. To each their own, but Ima keep it 100 when it comes to the beef with Webos of former users.
  11. #31  
    Yeah spritn Nav worked great. (works great on Evo too)....i think the issue is Google Maps on the Pre is HTML based...meaning its essentially the web browser version in an app card.

    I know on the blackberry it was a java version, the iphone one was coded to the metal and the android one is java and uses the vector graphics now which is REALLY quick.

    Pre 3 already looks more responsive with the little i saw with it so there is hope for the future...it just sucks its coming out so late.
  12. #32  
    Yeah spritn Nav worked great. (works great on Evo too)....i think the issue is Google Maps on the Pre is HTML based...meaning its essentially the web browser version in an app card.

    I know on the blackberry it was a java version, the iphone one was coded to the metal and the android one is java and uses the vector graphics now which is REALLY quick.

    Pre 3 already looks more responsive with the little i saw with it so there is hope for the future...it just sucks its coming out so late.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    He didn't do the testing himself. He got a lot of data from many users from all platforms. I'll try to find the thread...

    Sent from my HTC HD2
    oh Im sure theres alot of data showing results other then the ones Ive recieved personally. Ive seen alot, along with videos which do nothing for me, because my personal tests gave me these type of results and Ive made my choice which is a personal one for me. So your fine with providing me information for it wouldnt do me any good, I appreciate it though.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I'm not doubting you, but you can understand why your statement was hard to believe, right?

    yeah def assuming most people pit Webos/palm pre as a inferior product at this current point in time. I dont cater to peoples views on anything I call it how I see it, and I also get facts, and results myself and not rely on what others say, or have done. Its like if someone states a movie is bad, and its the type of movie genere I like, and the trailor is enticing to me, ill see it for myself and make my own judgments. Even though considering the fact that it may be bad, according to others that have seen it before me.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Yeah spritn Nav worked great. (works great on Evo too)....i think the issue is Google Maps on the Pre is HTML based...meaning its essentially the web browser version in an app card.

    I know on the blackberry it was a java version, the iphone one was coded to the metal and the android one is java and uses the vector graphics now which is REALLY quick.

    Pre 3 already looks more responsive with the little i saw with it so there is hope for the future...it just sucks its coming out so late.
    Yeah I feel you on that, and yeah the Evo running sprint Nav was def sick. I actully had the placeholder on my cars dashboard to use the navigation, and watch movies I do miss that part of the extra realestate. I would actully consider the nexus S Ive used it a few times in the store and like the build, size, and speed of it (though Im hearing its having shutoff issues, and signal loosing issues as of present). Though I would pick that up, to wait and see about the Pre 3 hopefully coming to sprint. Im hoping sooner or later if not, Ill keep my trusty pre plus, unless sprint releases a android device of my liking inbetween now and then.
  16. #36  
    This camera is pretty darn good in my opinion

    Evo-lution
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17. #37  
    Evo-lution
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    This camera is pretty darn good in my opinion

    Evo-lution
    I have to agree with you. I've no complaints about it.

    I also like how there are so many settings you can adjust.


    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I have to agree with you. I've no complaints about it.

    I also like how there are so many settings you can adjust.


    Sent from my eVo
    That first Pic it was very light out but I turned the brightness all the way down to get that effect. If you look threw the clouds you can see the blue skys.


    Evo-lution
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    That first Pic it was very light out but I turned the brightness all the way down to get that effect. If you look threw the clouds you can see the blue skys.


    Evo-lution
    That's a really cool pic.

    Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions