Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    LG confirms Optimus 3D for MWC 2011: glasses-free screen and 3D camera -- Engadget

Specs?:

It features two 5MP rear cameras for 3D recording, which are powered by a dual-core 1GHz TI OMAP 4 processor.The screen is a 4.3-inch, WVGA display that also features the world's first stereoscopic screen, which means glasses free 3D.

Other specs include 8GB memory, a 1500 mAh battery and DLNA/HDMI support. Full press release after the break.

LG announces Optimus 3D - World's first dual-core, dual-channel and dual-memory smartphone | Android Central

"8GB memory and 4Gb LP DDR2"
    Sweet! Not in the "I've got to get me one of these" but as in "dang, technology is advancing like crazy and I love it!"
    I agree. Now here comes the 3D haters.

Let me quote them first:

I don't need 3D
    3D is dead
    3D is lame
    Why are they trying to bring back this failed tech from the 1950s?
    I don't need DLNA
    I don't need HDMI
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ok, I don't need it

Sure seems cool tho
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    ok, I don't need it

Sure seems cool tho
    You also don't "need" a cell phone, but it sure makes life easier eh?

The need for something, or the want for something, is subjective and we will see the demand when this product is released.

4gb of dual-channel RAM is something that struck me as "wow" as well.
    for me:
    hdmi? YES!! 3d? No, spend the cas on higher quality display.
    dual core? Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I don't need 3D
    3D is dead
    3D is lame
    I don't need DLNA
    I don't need HDMI
    word.
    I might need it, but I don't understand it. Is the point that it records in 3-d to play back on a 3d screen, is it that it has a 3d interface like the picture that were so popular in the 80's?

I'm still confused.
    Actually, some people do need a cell phone.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I might need it, but I don't understand it. Is the point that it records in 3-d to play back on a 3d screen
    Yes?

And the screen itself is 3D [glasses less]

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Actually, some people do need a cell phone.

Sent from my eVo
    Tell that to someone in the 80s-90s.
    People would flip out on you.
    I might need it, but I don't understand it. Is the point that it records in 3-d to play back on a 3d screen
    Yes. I "think" the point is to record 3D for playback on a 3D television. The fact that you can do this is pretty darn cool to me...even if I have no need for it at the moment. I do hope it is successful so that it's around if my needs ever change.
    i'd say this is ahead of its time. Impressive tech, but seems a bit impracticable
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I agree. Now here comes the 3D haters.

Let me quote them first:

I don't need 3D
    3D is dead
    3D is lame
    I don't need DLNA
    I don't need HDMI
    LOL, I don't like 3D TVs... There is not much depth, it's not like the commercials where you are going to be dodging things... That said, a 3D phone where you don't need glasses... Awsome!

I'd like to see some videos of the phone in action and see some reviews of it having been used.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I might need it, but I don't understand it. Is the point that it records in 3-d to play back on a 3d screen, is it that it has a 3d interface like the picture that were so popular in the 80's?

I'm still confused.
    Nice shark!

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    LOL, I don't like 3D TVs... There is not much depth, it's not like the commercials where you are going to be dodging things... That said, a 3D phone where you don't need glasses... Awsome!

I'd like to see some videos of the phone in action and see some reviews of it having been used.

Couple of comments:

The 3d TV's with glasses-less displays are coming.
    So it will be like that.
    You won't have to wear glasses to experience the 3d [much like you won't with this phone] because it will use a webcam to detect your eye location and adapt the image so you see it as 3d.
    The reason it's still in the works?
    Because you're going to need the ability for the webcam to see any and all eyes looking at the screen and calculate for each of those sets of eyes.

As far as videos of phone in action...
    You won't be able to see the 3d in the video.
    You will have to use your own eyes for it.
    Nice shark!
    thanks. Now why do I want that on a phone? Can someone describe a use case for how I would use a 3D phone?
    So you can get dizzy real easy !! of course !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Nice shark!
    I honestly couldn't tell if it was a shark, submarine or a plane. I guess I can see the "mouth" open so shark it is.

Update: Actually yeah, I can see it clearly now that I know what to look for. I also have a headache now. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Yes. I "think" the point is to record 3D for playback on a 3D television. The fact that you can do this is pretty darn cool to me...even if I have no need for it at the moment. I do hope it is successful so that it's around if my needs ever change.
    So it's not a 3D phone, it's a phone that records and plays back 3D video. Yes?

I was hoping 3D meant that the UI had depth, so a gesture would have different meaning depending how close to or far from the screen it is when I gesture. Sort of a minority report 3D thing so I'm not getting finger prints on the screen.

the only 3D video or games I've liked were with virtual rwality glasses that completely cover your eyes. Unless I could plug those in to something like this so the interface had depth and layers, it would be fun to have but hard to convince my wife.

but it's always good for a company's rep to have the most advanced thing even thogh the bleeding edge thing usually doesn't sell a lot. It helps to establish the brand and sell lots of the other models.
    I honestly have no idea but I don't buy the 3D gesture thing. I'd like it for simple things like "wave to turn the phone on or off while it's sitting on a desk". But to use "mid-air gestures" seems tiring to me. Can you imaging working at minority report for 8 hours every day waving your hands like that? And how about interacting with your phone while driving? "Ouch" in both cases.

I can hear the new stand-up comics ice breakers now. "I just called my girlfriend and boy are my arms tired!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast