Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Other than Android, I like this phone. Saw the video over at Engadget. The 3D app (which seems to give depth within the screen to whatever is inside the app itself (Pics, youtube, etc).

No, it's not like a minority report type of thing. It doesn't magnify or hover above the screen. It gives depth within the screen. The specs rock on it. The only thing I don't like about it is Android (but that goes for any phone and has nothing to do with 3D portion).

But yes, that is how you can wow a crowd! Well done LG.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Couple of comments:

The 3d TV's with glasses-less displays are coming.
    So it will be like that.
    You won't have to wear glasses to experience the 3d [much like you won't with this phone] because it will use a webcam to detect your eye location and adapt the image so you see it as 3d.
    The reason it's still in the works?
    Because you're going to need the ability for the webcam to see any and all eyes looking at the screen and calculate for each of those sets of eyes.

As far as videos of phone in action...
    You won't be able to see the 3d in the video.
    You will have to use your own eyes for it.
    So, you are saying that glassless 3D is just using a camera to track your eyes and adjust the image? I don't see how this would work for multiple people watching tv at once. And as far as videos in action, you can see the 3D effect... Check out this video
    Last edited by sinime; 02/14/2011 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    thanks. Now why do I want that on a phone? Can someone describe a use case for how I would use a 3D phone?
    It's great for texting while driving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It's great for texting while driving!
    I just laughed at this so hard that I spilled my coffee. Didn't see that coming at all. Well played!
    It just looks cool, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    I honestly have no idea but I don't buy the 3D gesture thing. I'd like it for simple things like "wave to turn the phone on or off while it's sitting on a desk". But to use "mid-air gestures" seems tiring to me. Can you imaging working at minority report for 8 hours every day waving your hands like that? And how about interacting with your phone while driving? "Ouch" in both cases.

I can hear the new stand-up comics ice breakers now. "I just called my girlfriend and boy are my arms tired!"
    wow, even more great comedy. Truly an LOL post.

I love that "I just called my girlfriend and boy are my arms tired".

now i'm trying to imagine working 8 hour days at minority report. To help complete the vision, am I going home to Nicole Kidman or Katy Holmes?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

now i'm trying to imagine working 8 hour days at minority report. To help complete the vision, am I going home to Nicole Kidman or Katy Holmes?
    Come on, does it really matter.

I was thinking about trying to get back on topic, but ...
    Dan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12