1.    #1  
    I just saw a video of playbook in MWC 2011 on crackberry.
    http://crackberry.com/new-blackberry...ation-and-more
    Here the person is showing Need for speed game when he tries to multitask then the problem comes. Instead of the game pausing when he leaves the games around 2:04 mark, the game continues and the cars crashes.
    The more I see playbook the more I think it is just a direct copy of Webos.

I had one question why would some one buy a Touchpad and not a Playbook because firstly playbook will release earlier than touchpad and it will be cheaper than touchpad and will have all the features of webos.
    Does Webos have any advantage over QNX os(playbook).
    RIM is a big brand in corporates and Touchpad does not have a rear facing camera so to cut a long story short Touchpad is doomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriss2k6 View Post
    I just saw a video of playbook in MWC 2011 on crackberry.
    New BlackBerry PlayBook Video - showing off Need for Speed, Tetris and more! | CrackBerry.com
    Here the person is showing Need for speed game when he tries to multitask then the problem comes. Instead of the game pausing when he leaves the games around 2:04 mark, the game continues and the cars crashes.
    So, that would make it "true multitasking" since the program didn't pause just because the user switched to a different program? It seems like my "true multitasking" laptop does that too. Why does this make Playbook horrible?
    it doesn't make the playbook look horrible. it performed rather nicely, considering... still it burns to see the webOS ui aped so unforgivingly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    it doesn't make the playbook look horrible. it performed rather nicely, considering... still it burns to see the webOS ui aped so unforgivingly
    Very true. But one day we will look back on webOS and see how it forced the smartphone landscape to change for the better and none of this will matter.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    That was just shown as a demo on their multitasking ability. Ubergizmo.com has a video showing that the real game pauses when you swipe up.
    im confused with the tittle and the post. You say the playbook is horriable in the tittle, yet you name things that make the playbook better then the touchpad? Did you mean the playbook is not horriable?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    im confused with the tittle and the post. You say the playbook is horriable in the tittle, yet you name things that make the playbook better then the touchpad? Did you mean the playbook is not horriable?
    +1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    That was just shown as a demo on their multitasking ability. Ubergizmo.com has a video showing that the real game pauses when you swipe up.
    actually what apps do when "minimized" is determined in the settings menu. The user can choose to have games/videos pause, or not,when in card view.

@OP hopefully the fact that you need to have a blackberry and have it tethered to look at a calendar/contacts/messaging/more(?) on the playbook will help us out.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I imagine he's saying it's horrible but will outsell the touchpad anyway based on the points he listed.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    actually what apps do when "minimized" is determined in the settings menu. The user can choose to have games/videos pause, or not,when in card view.
    If you are talking about the "all singing all dancing" mode, I believe that is only for AIR apps. The Playbook's video player is not really an AIR app, it is just an AIR skin with the other 99% of the code being native. NFS is a native Playbook app.

In ubergizmo video, the video player continues to play the HD video in minimized mode, but the NFS game is paused in minimized mode. I believe that that this is a setting within the game itself.