1.    #1  
    Hi Guys

What do you think about LG Optimus in comparing it to the HP TouchPad, hardware specs:

LG:

Display
    Display:
    Resolution:
    1280 x 768 pixels
    Physical Size:
    8.90 inches
    Touch Screen:Yes (Capacitive)
    Multi-touch:Yes
    Proximity Sensor:Yes
    Light sensor:Yes

Dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2
    Processor speed:1000 MHz
    3D Graphics hardware accelerator: Yes

Camera:Yes
    Resolution:5 megapixels
    Flash:Yes (LED)
    Features:Auto focus, Digital zoom
    Video capture:Yes
    Resolution:1920x1080 (1080p HD)
    Additional camera:Yes
    Video Calling:Yes

How does it compare to HP TouchPad, we all know HP TouchPad Specs.
    Really hard to say without playing with them (I, for one, prefer to pass judgment on something after actually becoming comfortable with it.)

Assuming it runs without lag, gets decent battery life, etc. etc. (all the intangibles we just guess at now) my only real concern would be the sub 9” size. Personally, I think a 10”+ pad would be more useful than a 9”- sized pad. But usability at a certain size has as much to do with how well the software makes use of the size as the hardware itself, so again, can’t knock it till I try (read: play with) it.

-Suntan
  3.    #3  
    just by specs LG is little bit better, maybe screen is smaller but the hardware inside is little better. LG camera is better. I think HP is putting this model out as a test drive and next year will improve on all specs.
    Supposedly available in March and already has a US carrier also. That another huge difference.

T-Mobile G-Slate hands-on: yep, it's an LG Optimus Pad -- Engadget

P.S. I know you were thinking mainly of specs, but we won't even have a TouchPad to compare properly to the LG until... well we're not really sure when. Any TouchPad benefits can't truly be seen yet.
    Unless you consider webOS a benefit over Android.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/14/2011 at 03:20 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Exactly, Hp is up with HP and carriers.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    The Optimus cost over a grand. The Touchpad better not go near that.

LG Optimus Pad priced at €999 in Germany -- Engadget
    This section is about the TouchPad... this thread is off topic. The OP posted specs for the LG but not the TouchPad, I believe there is a cross platform topic this would fit better in. Maybe even over at Android Central.

Reported!
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post

Why don't people understand that the Touchpad is probably going to be the same cost range as this and the Xoom?

It's the same technology guys, just because you want it a lower price doesn't mean it will be.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Why don't people understand that the Touchpad is probably going to be the same cost range as this and the Xoom?

It's the same technology guys, just because you want it a lower price doesn't mean it will be.
    HP TouchPad: Our Demo Video and First Impressions | webOSroundup
    During our briefing with HP, we were told that it will be priced “competitively” with the iPad
    Do you think the iPad 2 will be a grand too?
    Do you think the iPad 2 will be a grand too?
    If it compares, or beats, the specs of the touchpad, xoom, LG.....yes...or more.
    Apple isn't known for being cheaper....that's for sure.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    If it compares, or beats, the specs of the touchpad, xoom, LG.....yes...or more.
    Apple isn't known for being cheaper....that's for sure.
    RIM BlackBerry 4G PlayBook tablet now in delicious LTE and HSPA+ flavors (updated) -- Engadget
    The takeaway is that RIM expects to price that BlackBerry tablet at less than $500
    We'll see...my guess would be, if it's going to be that low, it will be a dumbed down version.

But Apple is NOT known for cheaper prices...in any category of technology.

But sometimes these "pre-order" people get overzealous with the price. We need to wait and see. It's coming to T-Mobile for possibly less. There was also a mention that VAT is jacking up the EU price.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    This section is about the TouchPad... this thread is off topic. The OP posted specs for the LG but not the TouchPad, I believe there is a cross platform topic this would fit better in. Maybe even over at Android Central.

Reported!
    You say "reported" like there was some bad language in here or something. I think the OP just wanted some comparison.

We'll see...my guess would be, if it's going to be that low, it will be a dumbed down version.

But Apple is NOT known for cheaper prices...in any category of technology.
    The strange thing is, Apple did go lower in price. Some people commented that they weren't expecting only $500 for the iPad.

If iPad 2 keeps the current pricing for it's new models, how many will pay $800+ for these other models? Unless they do not like Apple, which many don't. But you have $500 wifi base and $630 base with data. Even with limited space, because iPad is the one to watch(like it or not), $800+ is a gamble even with better specs. I still consider only the Xoom worthy of it's price due to 4G. And there will be a wifi only version, which likely could be around $600.

HP Touchpad should tagged around USD500-600. Not more. Better if cheaper.. Xoom & Optimus Tab or Samsung Galaxy Tab II will insanely expensive.. Not worth to buy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Exactly, Hp is up with HP and carriers.
    The majority of ipads sold are wifi only. Hp already has distribution with retailers, and unlike motorola, it doesn't need to partner with verizon to get it into stores. So it's free to pick it's own price.

The ipads selling for 500. Hp practically made an ipad clone (different software that I prefer,) but hardware wise it's a ipad 1 clone. The ipad 2 is going to be thinner for sure, pack as much power as the touchpad, and have a back camera. Most importantly it's not going to have the ipad name. Engadget said, and I agree, that the ipad is like what the ipod was a few years ago, people didn't think mp3 player they thought "ipod". Same thing with tablets.

Heres a longer post I made about the pricing of the touchpad, (Great read in my opinion )
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post2868290
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    The ipads selling for 500. Hp practically made an ipad clone (different software that I prefer,) but hardware wise it's a ipad 1 clone.
    I just checked my iPad 1 and it doesn't have a dual core CPU or front facing camera.

I did notice something interesting on the TouchPad specs: The screen is only 18-bit color instead of the (now) industry standard 24-bit. What's up with that?
    18-bit may point to a lower cost. It's just too bad that by the time it's released, it'll be run over by all these other models. Their one hope is that people never jump on these other models and save their money until the summer. But if iPad 2 is released this spring, that may or may not happen.