Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Sorry for changing the subject (or getting it back on track?) but here's an example of what I consider to be multi-tasking on my Pre:

A few days ago my wife was out of town and called to see if I could fly to meet her for the weekend. Putting her on speakerphone so we could continue to talk, I opened my calendar to see if I had anything scheduled, opened the browser to check flight information, and while the website was loading I texted a friend to see if he cared if i cancelled plans with him. I swiped back to the browser now that it was loaded, but left the text app open so that I could just swipe back to it when he responded. Everything cleared up I finished the conversation with my wife and swiped all the apps away. It was smooth and easy.

The Pre is the first and only smartphone I've ever owned. If an iphone or android can accomplish multi-tasking like that just as easily or better, then I have no problem saying that their multi-tasking is just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Sorry for changing the subject (or getting it back on track?) but here's an example of what I consider to be multi-tasking on my Pre:

A few days ago my wife was out of town and called to see if I could fly to meet her for the weekend. Putting her on speakerphone so we could continue to talk, I opened my calendar to see if I had anything scheduled, opened the browser to check flight information, and while the website was loading I texted a friend to see if he cared if i cancelled plans with him. I swiped back to the browser now that it was loaded, but left the text app open so that I could just swipe back to it when he responded. Everything cleared up I finished the conversation with my wife and swiped all the apps away. It was smooth and easy.

The Pre is the first and only smartphone I've ever owned. If an iphone or android can accomplish multi-tasking like that just as easily or better, then I have no problem saying that their multi-tasking is just fine.
    You can do that on Android. Just hold the home button. I'm not so sure about ios but I think you can do that now.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    If an iphone or android can accomplish multi-tasking like that just as easily or better, then I have no problem saying that their multi-tasking is just fine.
    I can't speak for iOS, but these things can be accomplished just as easily on And. I've done similar things and more with my EO. I've even had scenarios where I'm multitasking with the device without touching it. Many agree that they all multitask just fine but the fanatics will continue to claim that only one OS does it. What can you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Personally, I'm not a fan of webOS' notification system. I was, initially after having been on iOS for ~3 years, it was refreshing. Then, I experienced Android and how it handles them.

Personally, I think HP should adopt how they do notifications on the tablet into future versions of their smartphone(s).

While they are better (and yes, less obtrusive) than iOS' notifications, they compromise screen real estate, which is a big no no in my opinion, especially when you're already very limited as is.

I think my ideal notification system would be a combination between iOS' app badge count (they little red circle with the number on the corner of an app icon to indicate how many unread notices) and webOS 3.0 (it's like Android, but a bit more appealing).
    Wait, doesn't an iOS notification compromise ALL of the real estate in the MIDDLE of the screen? And completely stop what you're doing while it's compromising said real estate? Shouldn't you be on the iOS board working to get that fixed rather than in here all day, every day, in every thread, doing your Borg thing?
    We've exhausted our opinions, which is evident by the posts.
    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789