1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I thought we could have a central thread to discuss what's catching our eye coming out of MWC?

While It's of no interest to me, I think the SE Xperia Play is going to have a lot of appeal to gamers particularly those who are already owners of the PS3 ?

I know that we go around and around on form factors but I think that SE are the only people putting out an handset with proper gaming controls?

For the business types, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro seems to be a contender.

Also I'm liking the look of the renders we are getting from Nokia about what their WP7 might look like.

While I'm not particularly interested in tabs, I'm sure the 10" Galaxy Tab is going to turn a lot of heads.

Hopefully, ZTE (are they there?) are going to announce another cheapo replacement for my ZTE Blade.

What's caught your eye?
    so far it's awsome devices announced. Galaxy 2, Galaxy tab, Sony, and even Nokia hints that their first WP7 phone will be available this year. Game over for Pre 3. Hope HP goes back to the draw board and redesign the whole thing if they are really serious about getting their foot into smartphone market.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    so far it's awsome devices announced. Galaxy 2, Galaxy tab, Sony, and even Nokia hints that their first WP7 phone will be available this year. Game over for Pre 3. Hope HP goes back to the draw board and redesign the whole thing if they are really serious about getting their foot into smartphone market.
    I don't think there is anything wrong w/ the Pre 3's design, just it's timing... And the fact that it's the only high end device HP has announced.

It appears to me that HP wants to take the 'something for everyone' approach, but they're taking way to long to release the phones.

as far as MWC is concerned, I can't say that i'm too enthusiastic. The price of Atrix accessories is ridiculous. And Sprint's holding press conferences for less than inspiring tech. Maybe i'll be on the lookout for some Verizon LTE phones, but i'm sure plan pricing will turn me off...
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I'm too mean to buy such an item but the Samsung Galaxy S II is going to turn a lot of heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I'm too mean to buy such an item but the Samsung Galaxy S II is going to turn a lot of heads.
    I really want one! lol

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I really want one! lol

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
    Heh - I'm not joking about the meanness, I'll only buy a smartphone that costs 70 ($100ish) off contract, that's what my current one cost and that's all I'll pay.

However if Richie Rich is reading this, I love you man, stick that Galaxy S II in the post.
    if hp has sinply gone dual core, a gb of ram, and had included video out, It would have nothing to worry about. I don't even mean hdmi out, through the 3.5mm port would be GREAT! I don't need to always output in hd, but I do sometimes need to output a powerpoint or something to a projector.
    the galaxy s2 looks great, hopefully sprint gets it
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I see the Xoom is getting a release in Europe at the start of Q2.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The sony xperia play looks awesome. I would get one if it were on sprint but it will be on verizon this spring. I haven't seen much of the LG optimus 3D but how cool is that? A 3D phone!! I'm not sure when it comes out but I'm definitely gonna check it out. I would like to see more 4G flagship devices on sprint.
    There's a ton of phones that are awesome on paper. Dual-core, 3D, dual cameras, slab, etc... But they are all the same and by all the same I mean they look the same.

Also, can anyone tell me a good application (not speaking in terms of programs/software, but like use of) for dual-core processors in phones? I still have a dual-core in my computer.. and I haven't even reached its full potential I'm sure. (Maybe come close)

I feel like it's just another thing to get people to buy so they can say they have when it's not really necessary. I know I'm not going to be running a bunch of calculations and algorithms on my phone. But that may just be me.

I can see the use of a dual-core on a tablet, seeing that it's practically just a computer.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Also, can anyone tell me a good application (not speaking in terms of programs/software, but like use of) for dual-core processors in phones? I still have a dual-core in my computer.. and I haven't even reached its full potential I'm sure. (Maybe come close)
    Games, I guess. I can't think of much else that would be cpu-bound on a phone.

I think moving to dual core processors on phones is more of a future proofing thing in 2011. It's going to be difficult to find things that take advantage of them in the next few months but it opens up the potential for new classes of applications to be developed.
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The HTC Flyer is a bit of a puzzle, does HTC sense make much em ... sense on a tablet unless it's modified quite a bit?

Still the hardware looks nice.
    Last edited by CGK; 02/15/2011 at 04:05 AM.