1.    #1  
    I like WebOS, I really do. But, here we are, all stuck on 1.4.5, with no more updates coming for anybody who uses the launch phones or there Plus variants. So where do we go from here? Palm is basically dead as far as I'm concerned, so there's no one left to follow there. HP screwed us all over, so I don't see why anyone would want to follow them. What are we to do?

Why not get an Android ROM working on the Pre or Pixi? Either device (as far as specs go) could easily run Android. And as far as I understand, since the devices are built for a Linux operating system from the get go, wouldn't porting Android to the Pre and Pixi be a walk in the park?

And why NOT go with Android. As of now, if we want new software on our devices there aren't many other legitimate options. We could wait for hackers to port WebOS 2.x to the launch devices, but HP is sure to stop that within days. If we go with Android, the free open source(ish) operating system, HP couldn't tell us no. There wouldn't be anything wrong with it. Also, it would breath new life into our devices. If we could get the Pre or Pixi to dual boot each, no one would have to leave WebOS. They could just run it alongside another fantastic operating system.

I know I'll probably get a lot of flack from WebOS fans that hate the idea of any other operating system running on their sub par device, but for everyone out there that is stuck on a 2 or 3 year contract with an out dated device that is frozen in operating system limbo I think this is the best option.
    You'd be better off finding a cheap used android phone on craigslist or ebay. The amount of time and effort needed for something like that to happen would be wasted. By the time you would put a dent in that project the TouchPad and Pre 3 will already have been released.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    You'd be better off finding a cheap used android phone on craigslist or ebay. The amount of time and effort needed for something like that to happen would be wasted. By the time you would put a dent in that project the TouchPad and Pre 3 will already have been released.
    I have an Eris, but also have a Pre plus and a (brand new) Pixi Plus. I like the form factor of my Palm devices far better than any Android device I've used. And I don't plan on getting any of the new devices HP is putting out. I don't like HP, I never really have. And I especially don't now that they're not giving us WebOS 2.anything.
    perhaps you should go to android central, android forums, or xda-developers. As far as I was aware, this forum is for webos devices. Once you put android on a palm phone, it ends being webos.

As far as android on a pixi goes, you should try an htc hero. Arm 11 cpus are worse on android than webos. It gets really painful. Good luck.
    Won't work, anyway.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    honestly like said above I would go get a android device not worry about tryin to port over a rom to a outdated hardware like the pre or pixi. Sell the devices you have now on ebay or CL (you can get something for em) then if your on sprint go get a EVO which you can prob upgrade at bestbuy for 150 no rebate or worry or a shift for 99 and your good to go. The money you get for selling the pre and pixi device should add up to or close to the cost of upgrading to a EVO, or Evo shift. Good luck
    Actually it would work but it would just take an incredibly (and wasted) amount of time and effort to have it happen.
    there's been talk of this since before the pre even launched, but it still hasn't happened. For good reason, I suppose. Can't tolerate android myself, but am always game for having options.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin6 View Post
    As far as I was aware, this forum is for webos devices.
    You need to recheck the title of this forum: Cross-Platform Chat. Did you mean this web site?
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i think it would be cool to dual boot both. i love webos, but i see joy in something new till i get a pre 3 if it even comes to sprint.
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You need to recheck the title of this forum: Cross-Platform Chat. Did you mean this web site?
    This post was moved. Originally, he was correct.