Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If hp had some phones that looked like this maybe they would have got an applause when they introduce them...unlike the the two they introduce where you could here a pin drop.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/e...cept-revealed/

Sfm
    Last edited by kinster02; 02/11/2011 at 09:02 PM.
    I really do like those concept phones. Just wish WP7 was a decent OS... lol

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Design reminds me very slightly like this: HTC S740 | Uncrate

I wouldn't touch those things with a ten foot pole. Also, notice that they got way more press coverage on those two than Nokia got on those...things.
    they look great u need a better ink tho, id take this over a veer, maybe over a pre3 depends on the specs hopefully MS and Nokia make some great things together and from the look of it they are!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

Wp7 isn't too bad, just need few more update. I am sure Microsoft will update it regularly, unlike palm. And by the time Nokia phones hit the market, I am pretty sure wp7 will be inuch better position than now. Btw that phone is just so sexy.
    There's another thread where I mentioned this, but I'm pretty shocked that they're not using one of their bigger Carl Zeiss lenses on the pictured concept. Seems to me that a real camera would be a huge differentiator.
    I agree, I really dig that design. The limited time I've spent with win phone 7 I've thoroughly enjoyed. Hopefully its a win win for both parties.

Besides no copy and paste yet and that SD card stupidity, what's wrong with it? Serious question, not an attack.

I was also considering one since I'm actually one of the few who likes Zune and the Pass, and I also have Xbox. So if it comes up short, please fill me in. Maybe I won't look at one after all.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Besides no copy and paste yet and that SD card stupidity, what's wrong with it? Serious question, not an attack.

I was also considering one since I'm actually one of the few who likes Zune and the Pass, and I also have Xbox. So if it comes up short, please fill me in. Maybe I won't look at one after all.
    I think it's great for someone who is tied into the MS ecosystem. Zune, Xbox, Hotmail, all of that.

If you aren't, it kind of becomes much less enticing. I'm not tied into any of those services.

I'm not too worried about it not having copy/paste yet. Yea it's kinda silly, but I know it'll be coming soon. lol

I just don't like WP7 too much....
    - Not too many apps available
    - The homescreen is kinda neat, but there is too much wasted space for my tastes. Plus, once you add a bunch of stuff to it, it's a bit annoying scrolling to find what you're looking for.
    - The UI is very simple. That's actually a good and bad thing lol. I like how fluid and smooth it is, but hate the lack of customization.

Keep in mind that I don't have too much experience with WP7. I only had it installed on my phone for a couple hours before I flashed back to Android. I do think it'll be a pretty nice OS once it evolves a bit.

Oh, and I like Zunes too! I still have my first-gen 30gb that I got years ago. Still works like a champ. I plan on buying a new one once Microsoft decides to make a new one with some form of WP7 loaded onto it. lol

<edit>
    I'm actually gonna go back to WP7 again lol. I need to get a better feel for it.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 02/11/2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Strictly on looks (not OS or UI) I like these phones much more than the new HP offerings...
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    Strictly on looks (not OS or UI) I like these phones much more than the new HP offerings...
    Those phone look like they would be comfortble to hold. Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    That crowd was clearly not "wowed" and you could practically feel the lack of exhilaration.

Right now WP7 is the sleekest, most visually impressive mobile experience out there. The app catalog is growing by exponential proportions. And MS already has an ecosystem. Its everything I was hoping for in Palm. Give me a WP7 device on Sprint and that'll tide me over to see if HP can get their act together.
    Last edited by foosball; 02/11/2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    That crowd was clearly not "wowed" and you could practically feel the lack of exhilaration.

Right now WP7 is the sleekest, most visually impressive mobile experience out there. The app catalog is growing by exponential proportions. And MS already has an ecosystem. Its everything I was hoping for in Palm. Give me a WP7 device on Sprint and that'll tide me over to see if HP can get their act together.
    I'm posting from WP7 right now. It still needs a lot of work... Android would be a better choice to hold you over. lol
    I'm posting from WP7 right now. It still needs a lot of work... Android would be a better choice to hold you over. lol

I tried Android. One of my top requirements is that the UI be aesthetically pleasing. Android is the ugly step-sister to WinMo and this fatal flaw is not able to be overcome by its other positive features, IMO.

Duarte has already addressed alot of the Android UI flaws but that's strictly in the tablet market so far.
    Last edited by foosball; 02/12/2011 at 10:34 AM.
    The "flaw" hasn't stopped it's progress. So I guess it's not as important after all. Sure it's bare bones, but apparently people don't care because in the end, it's fully functional with tons of features.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The "flaw" hasn't stopped it's progress. So I guess it's not as important after all. Sure it's bare bones, but apparently people don't care because in the end, it's fully functional with tons of features.
    I just find WP7 too basic compared to Android. It's still a decent OS though. Its very fluid and elegant. I just miss all the options I had with Android... Right now, it's on the same level as webOS (which is pretty impressive since it's only like four months old).
    I just find WP7 too basic compared to Android. It's still a decent OS though. Its very fluid and elegant. I just miss all the options I had with Android... Right now, it's on the same level as webOS (which is pretty impressive since it's only like four months old).
    And wp7 got more apps than webOs and the growing rate doesn't seem to slowing down. I'm sure some webos faithful is going to say, we don't need 500 fart apps. First, no 500 fart apps. Second they got better quality apps than webos. Very impressive since they are only 4 or 5 months old. And btw upcoming update will include the copy and paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    And wp7 got more apps than webOs and the growing rate doesn't seem to slowing down. I'm sure some webos faithful is going to say, we don't need 500 fart apps. First, no 500 fart apps. Second they got better quality apps than webos. Very impressive since they are only 4 or 5 months old. And btw upcoming update will include the copy and paste.
    I've seen tons of junk apps in the WP7 Marketplace... That's just a problem with all app stores though. I have found a lot of quality apps, but searching through the Marketplace is such a pain...
    There's lots of silly apps in Apple's Store too, but there are also very useful ones. The bad thing is they're often low on the list or almost hidden. I have to be on the laptop to get the "people also looked at" list, the phone doesn't have it. Or get recommendations from reviews. And Google finally included the "similar app" feature on the phone Market. All app stores really need to make it easier to find the types of useful apps you're looking for. Google has it right with the recent inclusion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast