1.    #1  
    it's not the apps...
    I have found that with most smart phone users are only excited about most apps for one to two weeks. Thus 90% of apps on a single persons phone are rarly used.

it's not ios but it is how smoothe the phone scrolls and zooms. Webos can be laggy on the pre3 and touch pad. Why doesn't 1.4 processor not fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    it's not the apps...
    I have found that with most smart phone users are only excited about most apps for one to two weeks. Thus 90% of apps on a single persons phone are rarly used.

it's not ios but it is how smoothe the phone scrolls and zooms. Webos can be laggy on the pre3 and touch pad. Why doesn't 1.4 processor not fix this?
    How do you know how webos will run on those devices? They aren't even released.
    I agree with you though. The way an iphone "feels" when scrolling is so much better than a current webOS device. Lets hope they have that figured out at launch. Plenty of time to figure it out. No excuse.

Atleast I am aware of the things the look for when they release the new devices. You better believe I'm gonna play with one and see how it scrolls, how it feels to open the slider, testing the keyboard, etc.

I'm excited though. I cant wait for a larger webOS device, both tablet and phone.
    I'm jealous you can BUY Apple products....lucky buggers!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheRoad View Post
    I'm jealous you can BUY Apple products....lucky buggers!
    HA....so true.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    How do you know how webos will run on those devices? They aren't even released.
    you can watch youtube video on the pre3 touchpad etc and see the lag they have. You can even see the pre3 still gets check board on the browser... I mean it's not a make or break for me but apple so precise with it's scroll and zoom. I pick webos over simple ios anyday.
    Last edited by balla2g2; 02/11/2011 at 09:08 AM.
    you can watch youtube video on the pre3 touchpad etc and see the lag they have. I mean it's not a make or break for me but apple so precise with it's scroll and zoom. I pick webos over simple ios anyday.
    Ok. I hear you on the Apple smoothness. I thought the scrolling looked good on the videos I saw. Obviously these are not optimized devices since they could be a half year from being released. We'll just have to see what the released product brings.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Ok. I hear you on the Apple smoothness. I thought the scrolling looked good on the videos I saw. Obviously these are not optimized devices since they could be a half year from being released. We'll just have to see what the released product brings.
    that's what I'm hoping. I really hope hp notice this.
    you can watch youtube video on the pre3 touchpad etc and see the lag they have. You can even see the pre3 still gets check board on the browser... I mean it's not a make or break for me but apple so precise with it's scroll and zoom. I pick webos over simple ios anyday.
    The touch pad and Pre3 are no where near done. Read up a little more and you will find out that the music player didnt exist on the tablet, the carmera didnt work... I take that as a sort of good thing and here are my reasons

1. Hopefully they wont put us through another beta.
    2. The veer flew so I would expect similar performance on the other devices once they are optimized.

That being said they need to make an announcement for sprint.
    Many tech fans criticize the simplicity of iOS. Apple puts an enormous priority on the user experience -- it must be simple, consistent, smooth, and drop dead reliable. It is the comparative simplicity of iOS that makes the user experience so seamless and buttery smooth. You can have the customizability too if you jailbreak.
  11.    #11  
    apple is cut and dry to where a monkey could pick it up and use it. You can become an ios pro in a matter of mins. Webos takes time to learn and control. But that's how the future works. People don't always like to have to learn new things. Learning webos is like learning how to use the cell phone again. Or smart phone I should say. I enjoyed learning webos and how it works. But alot of people don't feel like taking the time to learn. If hp could find away to teach the customer how "simple" webos is. People would jump on board. I've picked up pre in the sprint store with tons of apps open cuz noone knew how to close them....
    Hands down with out a doubt...iOS and Windows Phone 7 scrolling and pinch to zoom are the best in the mobile space.

I'm assuming android isn't as smooth because its running in a virtual machine. Not sure why HP can't get it super smooth.

Windows Phone 7 scrolling:

Its really impressive how solid Microsoft go their basic feel and navigation of their phone on their first go with it.
    ah, they said right from the beginning in the demos that this was just the beta software, some people just don't pay attention or just see/hear what the want to.
    Hardware acceleration?

(I may be totally wrong, but I don't think that webOS have it yet. that's why WP7 and iOS feel/look so smooth and instantaneous)
    i'm not sure you can really tell from a you tube video. All the hands on reviews of the veer say its fast and smooth.