Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I've made the switch to Android, buying an Optimus S after my Pre died. I find Android to be ok (I do really like the widgets) but also annoying. I find that many Android apps are lacking in polish and and just clunky.

For example, I cannot find any Android app to take the place of Palm's excellent built-in very simple .

The closest Android replacement is Color Notes. But this is not nearly as good, since the notes cannot be rearranged by dragging and dropping.

I want a note app that: a) doesn't necessarily store notes on the main desktop, and that b) has small square drag-and-droppable notes. Is that to much to ask?
    I am not to sure...maybe this one?

https://market.android.com/details?i...napp.quicknote

I use color note myself (don't use the post it function).
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i use note everything and if you had an htc phone, the notes widget is pretty awesome!
    I wasn't fond of that one. Found one that's more customizable.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I wasn't fond of that one. Found one that's more customizable.

Sent from my eVo
    "Found one that's more customizable."

Well, which one?
    I had to check the name of it, it's called memowidget. You can do a ton of memos in one, edit each separately or separate them out and etc.

Works better for me than the notes that comes with Android.

Sent from my eVo
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    yes but do the android apps save the notes to your profile? After many pre replacements i had I can always count on the notes being saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    yes but do the android apps save the notes to your profile? After many pre replacements i had I can always count on the notes being saved.
    There are several free options to back them up.

Sent from my eVo
    I use Evernote. All the notes are stored in the cloud. You can view & create notes on your phone, desktop or web. Any changes in any location is synced and reflected to the other locations. You can make notes of anything (text, pictures, websites, voice, etc) The app is free and storage is free (unlimited notes, but can only upload 60mg per month; note size 25mg).

Here's the link to the difference between the free and paid plans.
    Evernote- Free vs Premium

I've been using Evernote for 3 years and I never reached the limits of the free plan.

Edit:
    Computers supported: Windows and Mac OS X
    Mobile devices supported: iPhone/iPod, iPad, Android, Blackberry, WebOS, Windows Mobile
    Last edited by slbailey1; 02/10/2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    TItanium. It backs up your whole phone on your SD card.

Speaking of, i'm pretty sure if you move your Notes app to the SD card it would be there even if you flashed your phone.
    I use springpad, but it uses cloud