Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So you may think Veer is a FAIL, for many reasons, but there are people out there who say even Apple believes that a mini-phone is a good idea...

The story is all over google news (Bloomberg, Apple Insider, etc.).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I'm a disgruntled user and I think the Veer is a big win, and if marketed and priced right can succeed where the Kin failed.

The problem with it, as well as the Pre3, is that it's not available for sale tomorrow. I've waited. And waited. And waited. And waited.

Enough, no more. I just requested a replacement Pre since mine has as broken volume rocker and is just generally cracked and worn, but the only reason why I did so is so that I can turn around and put it on eBay. Don't hate, I've been paying insurance every month for good reason. Once that is done I'm getting an Android phone.
    it's likely hp and apple spy on eachother and plan products to compete.
    ZOMG iPhone nano....

My only question would be with Apple's current hatred of all things mechanical on gadgets, how would they even make a mini smartphone comfortable to type on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    ZOMG iPhone nano....

My only question would be with Apple's current hatred of all things mechanical on gadgets, how would they even make a mini smartphone comfortable to type on?
    If they do it, they list it as being only a third smaller.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Soo if I'm reading this right...because apple, the company that created a sub-culture where buying their stuff is basically a status symbol, MIGHT go with a smaller sized version....it's a good idea for HP, that doesn't have anything Apple has?

Sorry, but that is a complete failure in logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Soo if I'm reading this right...because apple, the company that created a sub-culture where buying their stuff is basically a status symbol, MIGHT go with a smaller sized version....it's a good idea for HP, that doesn't have anything Apple has?

I'm starting to think logic has become subjective.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!

crazy though homie every freakin post I see with your name on it shows you against webos, HP, Palm and everything involved about it. My question is why are you still interested in putting your 2 cents in is my question. How does HP have nothing Apple has hmm they are #1 PC maker in the world even with ipads included. They gross more a Q over 30 billion then Apple. THey have a bigger brand name then Apple hmmm. Besides the mobile division which is where HP is starting from with their own OS (not windows based Ipaqs) I dont see any facts supporting your blasphomy care to look up those facts I just gave. I think it does show market interest from people like Apple, though with how well the centro sold with palm it should have already rang a bell. I think we may see a few small devices that are powerfull coming from different companies. I don't think it was a bad idea at all, as long as they price it right. To me either Free with a 2yr contract or the most $50.
    As the resident Apple booster, I will just come out and say that a mini iPhone is a stupid idea. It is also a groundless rumor that has been making the rounds for the last three years. This is not news.

That is not to say that Apple will not try to go after the low-end at some point. They moved the iPod downmarket after decimating the high-end competition. The iPhone is the most dominant high-end handset, so it may be time to pick up the downmarket leftovers.

Right now, their biggest problem with selling the iPhone is the world's capacity to produce them fast enough. They have no reason to move downmarket yet.
    Well, Apple can make a toothbrush and people will line up to buy it because its Apple and people would swear their teeth wasn't getting cleaned until Apples toothbrush came along. Hp doesn't have that kinda of cult following no matter how big of a tech company they are

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Well, Apple can make a toothbrush and people will line up to buy it because its Apple and people would swear their teeth wasn't getting cleaned until Apples toothbrush came along. Hp doesn't have that kinda of cult following no matter how big of a tech company they are

Sfm Evo
    well not in the mobile division no, but again please take a look at the profits, Brand name scale, and partnerships business and consumer HP has it is if you want to believe it or not larger, and still more profitable then Apple. If that means just because of printers and services then well be it, but bottom line is its profit and HP is new to the mobile game with THEIR OWN OS, and still has to rebirth a OS that was bashed when Palm couldnt scale it correctly in 09.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    How does HP have nothing Apple has hmm they are #1 PC maker in the world even with ipads included. They gross more a Q over 30 billion then Apple. THey have a bigger brand name then Apple hmmm. Besides the mobile division which is where HP is starting from with their own OS (not windows based Ipaqs) I dont see any facts supporting your blasphomy care to look up those facts I just gave. I think it does show market interest from people like Apple, though with how well the centro sold with palm it should have already rang a bell. I think we may see a few small devices that are powerfull coming from different companies. I don't think it was a bad idea at all, as long as they price it right. To me either Free with a 2yr contract or the most $50.
    Hp has a bigger name packaging what others do and selling it to the consumer:

I.e. a vender.

Not producing the actual culture nor making software.

I.e. a vender.

they do now !! the base culture is already there and here to stay all they need to do is move quickly ! which i hope someone light a candle under their **** !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This may sound a little fan-boy'sh what I'm about to say, but most know it's true. There will be a defining and glaring difference if Apple does in fact make a smaller or variation of some sort to its iPhone.

For example, the rumors now are it'd be $200 contract free. I wouldn't put it past them to do something so radical.

Personally, I would hate it, the current iPhone is the ideal size, for me; no smaller, no larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    well not in the mobile division no, but again please take a look at the profits, Brand name scale, and partnerships business and consumer HP has it is if you want to believe it or not larger, and still more profitable then Apple. If that means just because of printers and services then well be it, but bottom line is its profit and HP is new to the mobile game with THEIR OWN OS, and still has to rebirth a OS that was bashed when Palm couldnt scale it correctly in 09.
    No hate here, but this seems factually suspect.

HP's profit last quarter was 2.54 billion.

Apple's profit last quarter was almost double that. But they got double the profit on two/thirds the total revenue. (edit for factual accuracy)

I'm pretty sure Apple is selling more iPhones per quarter than HP is shipping computers, too.

I mean, I think these manhood-swinging contests are pointless because size and money have nothing to do with good ideas or the ability to execute them (e.g. Nokia), but what you said seems wildly inaccurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they do now !! the base culture is already there and here to stay all they need to do is move quickly ! which i hope someone light a candle under their **** !
    The base culture is where?

All I see is a very small community that, for the most part, has been severely ****ed off when HP abandoned them yesterday.

Nothing....at all... like what Apple has created. Not even close.
    I want a bigger iPhone, personally.

That said, a $200 contract-free iPhone that can do everything its bigger brother can, only in a smaller form factor, would be a game changer.
    As for the point of this thread....we're talking an internal concept (like the iPad mini that was supposedly going to attack 7 inch tablets) versus an announced product.

Furthermore, IF it happened, it would be well after Apple sold their superphone, established their ecosystem, and made their mark. HP is going about this backwards. Apple could sell such a device because they have done all of these other things. HP apparently thinks they can do those things if they sell such a device.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    ...Right now, their biggest problem with selling the iPhone is the world's capacity to produce them fast enough. They have no reason to move downmarket yet.
    So if they do, I wonder why? Will it be because it suddenly became a good idea, and they expanded their laserlike focus to enclude the cheaper devices, and thus invented them?

I.e. a vender.

What a bunch of nonsense. HP produces devices. HP produces software. Where in the world do you guys get your ideas?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast