1.    #1  
    I'm thinking I'll get rid of sprint. Only have like 3 month left on my contract. (what are the ETF charges for that?)

So I have a Pre now but I think ?I might ditch it after yesterday.

Where should I go that will let me pay for no minutes and just use unlimited data. for voice and texts?
    Good luck with that. Carriers don't offer this in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I'm thinking I'll get rid of sprint. Only have like 3 month left on my contract. (what are the ETF charges for that?)

So I have a Pre now but I think ?I might ditch it after yesterday.

Where should I go that will let me pay for no minutes and just use unlimited data. for voice and texts?
    I dumped Sprint several months ago. Sprint won't give you a true dollar amount on the ETF. They claim it's prorated, then bill the entire ETF charge, but "guess what": ETF charges are nothing more than smoke and mirrors to keep us psychologically "afraid" to dump carriers. When our contracts are up, they play their little shell game with us (their "loyal" customers), to make us think we're getting a good deal on our next device. I've walked away from wireless carriers many times since the mid-90's, and have NEVER paid an ETF charge. Verizon is the only carrier who kept a record, and it never hindered me in getting a new contract.

Don't ditch your Pre though! I use my Pre for wifi now. VOIP choices are already available for the Pre (with some serious tweaking), but I read today that a WebOS app in imminent for the Pre, meaning we can (soon) make VOIP calls via the Pre (1.4.5 up) and, in my case, bypass any wireless carrier while in wifi range. See here: WebOS Internals working on VOIP for webOS | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Bottom line: My Pre is still a GREAT device without Sprint.

P.S. I heard a rumor that Sprint bought Nextel. Is that true?