Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Can I get everyone's opinion on these. I'm on my way to sprint now. I really want the evo but I just don't want it to be (horribly) outdated by summer.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I would say epic but it's chunkier
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Evo shift overclocks to 1.4ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by sousy View Post
    evo, evo shift or epic
    Yes.

Really, it depends. I really like my EVO. I'd buy one today if I were just now making a switch. If you really need a physical keyboard, shift or epic it is. If you want a front cam, evo or epic. shift has the better processor. I think epic has the better screen. evo is your only no keyboard option of the three. For swype, it's evo and epic. It really depends on what you are looking for.
    Wouldn't touch Epic samsung is horrible when it comes to updates.
    In general, I think HTC makes more accurate touch screens than Samsung. (accurate as in, tracking your finger well.) The Samsung screen in probably brighter and prettier, though.

I assume the differences in size and form factor are obvious enough.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I would say epic but it's chunkier
    thanks, i'm going to try it. I'm just kind of worried because i've heard the samsung doesn't like to update phones after they are released.
    Quote Originally Posted by sousy View Post
    thanks, i'm going to try it. I'm just kind of worried because i've heard the samsung doesn't like to update phones after they are released.
    Go EVO.. I love the bigger screen and I like the slim size afforded by not having a keyboard. I thought I would miss the keyboard but with swype and voice input . I really don't miss it. much
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    i would say evo, because If I had to pick now thats the one I would get.

Thankfully i have a year, but it is so long webOS for me too.

i can deal with new phones that are still behind, but to not provide early adopter support is ridiculous
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    WebOS was wonderful and maybe 2.0 is the $hits, maybe, but with little developer support there is nothing that will keep me. I'm moving to the EVO, $149 with a 2 year upgraded plan "Online Only" and the local RadioShack told me if I turn in a working phone they will match the online price.

So I'll drive a couple of extra blocks past the Sprint store, so I don't have wait for a $100 rebate (I just don't like giving $100 interest free loans to companies who just can't seem to turn a profit), and trade my Palm Pre for $50 and get a new EVO for $150 at RadioShack. I just knew HP would ruin Palm and WebOS and they have now proved it.

If I could wait till the summer I might wait for the EVO2, but it is unlikely anything firm will be announced anytime soon.
    I would say evo ... I love mine.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    +1 Love my Evo and I was a die hard Pre user and told everyone about it, homebrew, etc. Since I got the Evo, it has been night and day and the things I thought I would be missing on the Pre, I really don't. And you don't have to squint at the screen either.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Plus one on THAT.

Stay away from Samsung. I have the Epic. 2.1 is pretty damn outdated, and the leaked Froyo roms aren't well optimized and suck for battery life.

The EVO might be old, but it has pretty good support.

The Evo shift is a sweet little device. I'd buy that today if I were going to buy an Android on Sprint.

nnb
    Was leaning towards Shift myself but there sure are a lot of Evo fans. Anyone know how the battery life compares between the Evo and Shift? I know an Evo owner who loves the phone but uses an extended battery with it which I think makes it too large.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Was leaning towards Shift myself but there sure are a lot of Evo fans. Anyone know how the battery life compares between the Evo and Shift? I know an Evo owner who loves the phone but uses an extended battery with it which I think makes it too large.
    Battery life is better on the Shift. It does have a slightly smaller screen.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Battery life is better on the Shift. It does have a slightly smaller screen.
    And a more power conscious CPU from what I've read. Having said that, I average 20 hours on my EVO with normal (for me) use before I'm down in the mid 40's and about 2 days with light (again, for me) use. Stock battery.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Evo shift overclocks to 1.4ghz
    How hard is it to do. I was an avid home brewer with my pre minus.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Yeah, I keep hearing that. I think I'm going to stay away and try to decide between the evo and the shift
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    Plus one on THAT.

Stay away from Samsung. I have the Epic. 2.1 is pretty damn outdated, and the leaked Froyo roms aren't well optimized and suck for battery life.

The EVO might be old, but it has pretty good support.

The Evo shift is a sweet little device. I'd buy that today if I were going to buy an Android on Sprint.

nnb
    If it isn't too hard to overclock I might try the shift. I like the huge evo screen but its already almost a year old and I don't really think I want to waste an upgrade on it if its just going to be pushed aside soon.
    Unless you're hamstrung for the money there's no need to waste your upgrade/lock into a new contract for an Evo. Just go to Ebay/CraigsList and buy one off contract. You can get a brand new Evo these days for like $375 or even less. And if later down the line you want to get a new phone, you can just sell it and recoup some of your money back.
    Don't get the EPIC. You will be waiting on an update forever. Get an EVO or an EVO Shift. Much better support from their company and developers.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    I'd probably go with the Evo. The shift is nice as well, but my personal preference is the bigger screen.

As far as extended batteries go, they do stick out the back, making it thicker. My brother has one on his Evo, & it doesn't look bad. It comes with a custom back, with a matte finish, and he get's at least 2 days worth of use before he has to recharge. He picked it up on Newegg.

For those with Evo's who are looking for extended batteries, here's the link:
    Newegg.com - Seidio BACY35HEV4-BK Innocell 3500mAh Battery for HTC EVO 4G
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast