Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I don't mind it on my iPad, and I am fast typing with a virtual keyboard, I just don't want to have to look at the keyboard. I can walk and type on all my previous phones (except iphone)without having to look at the screen. Or I can type under a table at a restaurant using the "f" bump. Or one handed.
    This won't work in the restaurant, but otherwise, you could use the voice to text.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    This won't work in the restaurant, but otherwise, you could use the voice to text.

Sent from my eVo
    Other than in your car, where would you use the voice to text feature? At home I'd use my computer. At work, in a restaurant, on the train, at pretty much any public place, I'd prefer a keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    Unless you're hamstrung for the money there's no need to waste your upgrade/lock into a new contract for an Evo. Just go to Ebay/CraigsList and buy one off contract. You can get a brand new Evo these days for like $375 or even less. And if later down the line you want to get a new phone, you can just sell it and recoup some of your money back.
    Dumb question. I was thinking along these lines as well to maybe save the new 10$ activation smartphone fee.

I guess i don't know how sprint billing will know i changed phones.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Other than in your car, where would you use the voice to text feature? At home I'd use my computer. At work, in a restaurant, on the train, at pretty much any public place, I'd prefer a keyboard.
    I don't, actually and it can be used anywhere. I use my phone far more than anything else.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Dumb question. I was thinking along these lines as well to maybe save the new 10$ activation smartphone fee.

I think the $10 fee kicks in automatically on activation, so you pretty much won't be able to avoid it. Think of it this way, at least (hopefully) you're getting 4G, and it's still a lot cheaper than Verizon & AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post

Maybe, because you have to activate the phone, on your account?!?

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Maybe, because you have to activate the phone, on your account?!?

Sent from my eVo
    Yeah well may seem obvious but it seems this fee was tacked on through a purchasing channel.

I mean look at it this way. If say I lose my Pre and use my old berry instead is that a "new" activation? If I get a replacement Pre, I have to activate that too. Is that a new activation? I though it was a legitimate question.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123