Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll add, if you are fine with rooting and loading custom ROMs...don't rule the Epic out. It does technically have a better CPU/GPU and a more vibrant screen.

I'm not a fan of the plastic feel to it but i do get a bit jealous anytime i see the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I'll add, if you are fine with rooting and loading custom ROMs...don't rule the Epic out. It does technically have a better CPU/GPU and a more vibrant screen.

I'm not a fan of the plastic feel to it but i do get a bit jealous anytime i see the screen.
    Good point Brain_Mantis,

But as a caveat:

the HTC forums are way more active in all of the sites I have visited. If you are really looking to flash, you'll have more options with the HTC versions.

Also, until Samsung releases an optimized version of Froyo, you will be stuck with ROMs based on dk28. This works well enough, but battery life is well worse that the 2.1 roms. I get around 7-8 hours of life with normal use. Stock 2.1 was double that.

Just something to think about.

nnb
    Either the Evo or Shift although I prefer the Evo...you can always wait until after MSC to see if something new is coming out in the coming days.
    I don't want a massive phone, and I have played with the Shift and liked it, so that would be my choice.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post

Yeah...there was a wirefly video out there a few weeks ago that put the Shift and the Epic side by side and ran some speed tests. The Shift seemed to beat the Epic when running calculations but the Epic blew the Shift away in the graphics tests.

Thanks for that...i guess the new snapdragons really stepped it up (at least on the CPU cycle side).
    If I were to change, which I am dreading. I want an Evo shift with a front facing camera. So I am stuck. I play with my friend's EVO everyday, in fact just a few minutes ago, I just can't get into the screen size and virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    If I were to change, which I am dreading. I want an Evo shift with a front facing camera. So I am stuck. I play with my friend's EVO everyday, in fact just a few minutes ago, I just can't get into the screen size and virtual keyboard.
    When you aren't used to the virtual keyboard, it is really odd. However, you should know there are many keyboards out there, so on your own Evo, you could find one more suited to you.

Plus, there are the voice features, so you can avoid typing.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Either the Evo or Shift although I prefer the Evo...you can always wait until after MSC to see if something new is coming out in the coming days.
    I feel like I've been waiting forever. "coming months" syndrome is what I'd like to call it.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I think I'm going to go get the evo shift. I'm glad I forgot to back up my pre's usb drive (im having it replaced for the usb door crack before I get a new phone) or else I'd be sitting here with an epic.

When (and what) is MSC? Is it within 30 days from now? My pre bugged out this morning and didn't wake me up for an important appointment, it's time for a change.
    Ordered a shift online from best buy for 99, comes today. The chip is a second gen snapdragon n I like htc sense much better than touch wiz
    Depends. Me, I want a keyboard, and I want updates, so by elimination the choice would be the EVO Shift. Epic (or Samsung for that matter) isn't even a contender any more IMO.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    When you aren't used to the virtual keyboard, it is really odd. However, you should know there are many keyboards out there, so on your own Evo, you could find one more suited to you.

Plus, there are the voice features, so you can avoid typing.

Sent from my eVo
    I don't mind it on my iPad, and I am fast typing with a virtual keyboard, I just don't want to have to look at the keyboard. I can walk and type on all my previous phones (except iphone)without having to look at the screen. Or I can type under a table at a restaurant using the "f" bump. Or one handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I don't mind it on my iPad, and I am fast typing with a virtual keyboard, I just don't want to have to look at the keyboard. I can walk and type on all my previous phones (except iphone)without having to look at the screen. Or I can type under a table at a restaurant using the "f" bump. Or one handed.
    Aha, someone else who appreciates not having to look at the screen, or being able to use a device with one-hand!
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    the evo is the most solid hardware of the three
    Forget the epic, evo, evo shift, and sprint. Switch to at&t or verizon and get an iPhone 4. Why use an imitation (android) when you can have the real thing (iOS).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    Forget the epic, evo, evo shift, and sprint. Switch to at&t or verizon and get an iPhone 4. Why use an imitation (android) when you can have the real thing (iOS).
    Good luck with that argument in these forums.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforrest View Post
    How is Android an imitation of iOS, exactly?
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Evo shift overclocks to 1.4ghz
    Can you point me to the thread?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast