Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    If you look at the top 100 fortune 500 companies you will see HP is number10 on the list while microsoft is 'ike 36 lol and nokia not listed . I wonder who is doing the best right now ? And if micro soft + nokia could even try to stop HP . Not ! Also walmart is #1 on the list and HP and walmart work together to ditribute HP products !! You just try and stop HP webOS lol it is not going to happen , ever !

    http://www.google.com/m/url?channel=...Whq1wd0zcSISqQ

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    If you look at the top 100 fortune 500 companies you will see HP is number10 on the list while microsoft is 'ike 36 lol and nokia not listed . I wonder who is doing the best right now ? And if micro soft + nokia could even try to stop HP . Not ! Also walmart is #1 on the list and HP and walmart work together to ditribute HP products !! You just try and stop HP webOS lol it is not going to happen , ever !

    Fortune 500 2010: Fortune 1000 Companies 1-100 - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You are confusing the scale and size of the whole organisation with it's ability to operate in different sectors. Yes, HP is a giant in certain areas but it currently ships next to ZERO phones. Yes Nokia is on the ropes at the moment, but last quarter it shipped 32.6 million units in terms of smart-phones alone.

    It's illogical to simply link size with the ability to compete in specific markets - yes it provides advantages but it doesn't equal success. I mean take your question

    "I wonder who is doing the best right now ?"

    The answer is that Nokia shipped around 17 times more smart-phones last quarter than there are current total users for WebOS.

    Does this mean that HP can't overtake them in the mobile space? No but it means at the current time, within the mobile space, HP is a nobody.

    Potential does not equal success - not without a lot of hard work.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    If you look at the top 100 fortune 500 companies you will see HP is number10 on the list while microsoft is 'ike 36 lol and nokia not listed . I wonder who is doing the best right now ? And if micro soft + nokia could even try to stop HP . Not ! Also walmart is #1 on the list and HP and walmart work together to ditribute HP products !! You just try and stop HP webOS lol it is not going to happen , ever !

    Fortune 500 2010: Fortune 1000 Companies 1-100 - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You've put together some incongruent facts to try and make a point, but all it shows is a biased opinion.
  4. #24  
    I'm not talking shear size I'm talking reach . The man with the longer arms has better reach . And webOS will be om a bunch of other stuff besides phones . So that being said people will get the phone to have the connectability between their phones and printers toasters watches tablets laptops refrigerators tv's whatever lol . It will be so easy they can't turn it down . That's where tap to share comes in !

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5. #25  
    Remember the fortune 500 is about the best companies all around not the biggest or richest lol

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm not talking shear size I'm talking reach . The man with the longer arms has better reach . And webOS will be om a bunch of other stuff besides phones . So that being said people will get the phone to have the connectability between their phones and printers toasters watches tablets laptops refrigerators tv's whatever lol . It will be so easy they can't turn it down .

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

    I'm afraid I have no idea what any of that means or how it actually responds to my points. It just seems to be a rehash of "HP is large". Ok, HP is large, everyone understands that but the idea that "HP is large that means it must be successful in everything it does" is simply naive.
  7. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Remember the fortune 500 is about the best companies all around not the biggest or richest lol

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The Fortune 500 is a list of US companies, Nokia is a company in Finland so it's not going to be listed to to start with...
  8. #28  
    Please don't put words in my mouth that I did not actually say thanks a bunch . Argue or discuss about what I actully say not what you assume I think and we'll get along fine .

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Please don't put words in my mouth that I did not actually say thanks a bunch . Argue or discuss about what I actully say not what you assume I think and we'll get along fine .

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Well can you explain a little better what you mean because it's not particularly clear or coherent at the moment. What I *think* you are trying to say is that HP must be successful because of it's size and it's ability to leverage it's current dominance within the PC sector coupled with a move into putting webOs on refrigerators, watches and other product lines in areas where they do not currently operating. Is that about right?
  10. #30  
    This is definitely bad news for HP and WebOS. I think they missed a huge opportunity with Nokia had they engaged them aggressively, althoug with Elop's pedigree being from Redmond and Microsoft I think their decision to join that platform was a foregone conclusion despite its deficiencies.

    Nokia could have added Ovi Maps to WebOS along with all their apps and global reach.

    I still contend that HP should engage Yahoo and partner with them for thwor content and Maps.

    Or how about RIM admitting they are about to go down the tubes with their antiquated OS and partner with HP? WebOS on all those blackberries!!!
    Last edited by bronxbomber; 02/11/2011 at 08:12 AM.
  11. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #31  
    Oh I don't know - if HP can pull it off, it's puts them in a great position. If WebOS becomes a must-have product and has some of the brand equity attached to it that the iphone and Ios has, then it allows HP to control margins because they control exclusivity- if you want WebOs, you come to HP. Leo's overall drive seems to be drive up margins so not licensing fits with that.

    If this plan doesn't work, they still then have the option of licensing to give the platform a second chance.
  12. #32  
    Nokia makes fantastic hardware. They always have. The only reason I have never been a fan is that their software has never been appealing to me. This is the best decision they could have taken. I'm sure the decision was influenced by the fact that Nokia's CEO Stephen Elop previously worked for Microsoft but that's business.
    Windows Phone 7 has strong multimedia and office software built in that WebOS still doesn't have that makes it the more appealing mobile OS. Windows Phone 7 is a great OS that will get better over time. I can definitely see WP7 becoming the #3 platform with WebOS falling to #5 or lower.
  13. #33  
    Thsi is a great partnership....

    And who the hell said WP7 doesn't have a vibrant ecosystem?

    Zune + Xbox + Office + bing.


    Are you kidding me? Microsoft was super slow to start integrating their services, but the fact zune usage for video has taken marketshare from iTunes is insane. Microsoft is in it for the long haul and have enough money to stay in it (and so does HP) but within a months Microsoft caught up to all the apps in the WebOS app catalog and wil be shipping more products before HP's lead product is out on market.
  14. #34  
    I don't believe in those enterprise talks, if that's what HP really cares, HP would have bought RIM, and still can buy it now.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    Nokia makes fantastic hardware. They always have. The only reason I have never been a fan is that their software has never been appealing to me. This is the best decision they could have taken.
    best decision? How about partnering with HP and adopting webOS?
    Or is webOS not good enough?
  16. #36  
    HP is keeping WebOS to themselves.
  17. #37  
    As an aside, I just saw that WP7 hit the 8000 apps mark. WP7 takes a lot of valid criticism but it's getting increasingly difficult to deny that this is a platform developers want to publish on.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    As an aside, I just saw that WP7 hit the 8000 apps mark. WP7 takes a lot of valid criticism but it's getting increasingly difficult to deny that this is a platform developers want to publish on.
    BUT.. how many are buying the phones? Not that HP/Palm is anywhere to brag about (but that is old news), but with more WP7 apps, how many more phones have they sold? I'd like to see what WP7 devs are complaining about.
  19. #39  
    Well, yeah, that's the catch with WP7. When Microsoft goes the Sony route and announces shipped figures, rather than sales, you know it's not selling. I get more and more surprised with each app milestone Microsoft passes.

    I think the Nokia deal will help a lot in that regard, especially if Microsoft uses it as an opportunity to make some reference quality handsets.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Well, yeah, that's the catch with WP7. When Microsoft goes the Sony route and announces shipped figures, rather than sales, you know it's not selling. I get more and more surprised with each app milestone Microsoft passes.

    I think the Nokia deal will help a lot in that regard, especially if Microsoft uses it as an opportunity to make some reference quality handsets.
    You may be right, I was hoping HP was working that angle from the back door. Everyone seems to agree that Nokia makes killer hardware.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions