Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I never thought I would do so, but my patience has officially run out. I feel like a lost puppy without a home. The Sprint WebOS faithful took a giant shot in the nuts today.
    -Until Skynet takes over.
    The only two good Android phones on Sprint are the HTC Evo and the Samsung Epic.
    By the time the Pre3 comes to Sprint, if it does, there will almost assuredly be at least 1 or 2 more evo/epic successors as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    The only two good Android phones on Sprint are the HTC Evo and the Samsung Epic.
    Try the Evo Shift which is more powerful and better on battery than both of those devices.
    At least your patience for Sprint holds strong..
    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    I never thought I would do so, but my patience has officially run out. I feel like a lost puppy without a home. The Sprint WebOS faithful took a giant shot in the nuts today.
    Wow, what a co-ink-eee-dink.

EVO too big
    Epic dont like side sliders.

Man this utterly reeks.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Another vote for the EVO Shift. I was an original lauch PRE owner; the phone was having all sorts of trouble, and I gave up after CES. Starting looking at what was running Andriod and saw all of the leaks and chatter about the Shift. Got it a day before lauch as a BB Rewards Club member; glad I did. I have been fearing that I might regret my Andriod switch before the big announcement; now I know, for me at least, I made the right decision. I was/am a huge WebOS fan but HP/Palm just ticked me off with no news (before today) and now it's like "who cares"?

SHift is a good phone, the keyboard is nice, I like the larger screen but I really miss my Touchstone. Battery is very good, however.
    Thanks. I'm considering the Evo Shift. I was really hoping for a Pre. I was hoping it would be announced today, and available at some fixed date in the not-too-distant future, for some known price.

Let's just say I'm disappointed. The Pre 3 looks terrific. I'd love to have one. But I don't want to wait 6 months for it and find out it only runs on Verizon. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by astark View Post
    Dude, just get the original Evo, trust me. You might think it's too big, but once you get used to it, even the Iphone looks like a tiny, ridiculous toy. The pre looks like one of the shells Stallone wipes his *** with in Demolition Man.
    I have to agree on the size. That was my biggest reason for not getting the Evo, the first time I looked at it.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yep, I went with the EVO back in October. It felt too big, but now everything else including the iPhone feels too small.

Super happy with my EVO. I remember the honeymoon ending with my Pre about 3 weeks after I got it. I'm still feeling the honeymoon vibes with my EVO.
    The size factor, was an issue with me at first also. This wore off after about a month. Have any Evo owners try to use the Pre after using your Evo for a few months? I tried to use my Pre just the other day for facebook and browsing the web. I was like how did I ever use this thing. Screen seemed so tiny and everything was laggy.
    love my Evo and i'm glad I didn't listen to anyone trying to talk out of giving up my Pre on Evo launch day...not a single issue in 8 months of ownership...couldn't go back to a smaller screen.

Well in the coming days and not months or weeks, it will be htc and Samsung introducing new Android devices and possible Wp7.

Sfm Evo
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I'm thinking EVO Shift as well. I guess paging thru Android home screens won't be that much different doing the same thing with Launcher.

Is there any way to get my webOS contacts on Android?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Evo, epic and evo shift are all good phones. If your into hacking the epic is awesome, if your not into hacking(or even if you are) and you demand good software and timely OS updates out of the box evo/evo shift. It's becoming way to obvious Samsung doesn't care about ota updates after sale, they just make a new phone with a new version of aOS on it. HTC on the other hand is really good at supporting their software and keeping it up to date.

2011 is looking like another amazing year for android and all the cell OEMs that support it and the way HP is going, by 2012 if they still make smartphones I bet they run android
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I'm thinking EVO Shift as well. I guess paging thru Android home screens won't be that much different doing the same thing with Launcher.

Is there any way to get my webOS contacts on Android?
    Evo Shift is an HTC phone, so you don't have to page thru the home screens. There are 2 shortcuts.

1. On the main home screen press the Home button. You will get all 7 home screens on one screen. Just pick one you want to jump to.
    2. On any home screen zoom-in. You will get all 7 home screens on one screen. Just pick one you want to jump to.
    My ex just got a Shift. She was reluctant at first since she was a die hard BB user. Now she's hooked. lol
    Any word about late spring releases for Sprint Androids?
    No, I do not want an Echo!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'm with you. I'm leaning towards the epic because I've typed on both evo and epic and I love the swype feature on the epic. I am going to wait until after the MWC next week to see what the next bigger and better thing on sprint will be.
    Get an android and try it out for 29 days .. I was happy the first 2 days when I got mine .. I customized the homescreen so I only have 3 pages ..
    I bet evo 2 will be announced at CTIA in march and on sale in june.
    Quote Originally Posted by astark View Post
    Dude, just get the original Evo, trust me. You might think it's too big, but once you get used to it, even the Iphone looks like a tiny, ridiculous toy. The pre looks like one of the shells Stallone wipes his *** with in Demolition Man.
    hahahaha awssome 20 year old reference.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast