Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Android has had what Palm calls Synergy since 2008 to sync contacts, calendar, addresses, emails, phone numbers, birthdays, etc.
    I discovered that when playing with an EVO Shift yesterday. Thought I might avoid the temptation and hang with my Pre (minus), but I just discovered that 4G has arrived in my home town. It's gonna be tough not to switch now.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    I went yesterday to Sprint and Verizon. Personally I have no love for Evo, I respect it and those who choose it. Too big, bad battery (played with friends many times), I want a keyboard. I can type on almost anything, even the Evo but the Shift keyboard is very awkward. I came home disappointed and realized I am going to be fine waiting. I really love webos.
    How does the battery life on the various Android phones compare to the Pre? Longer, shorter, about the same?
    The Evo, which compared to other android phones, doesn't have the best battery life....has better battery life than my Pre.

The fact it actually has a power save mode might be a big reason for this. I would have to turn my pre to airplane mode in the subway because it would constantly be searching for service and my batter ywould drop 20% on my 45 minute commute to work.

The Epic and Motorola phones in general have better battery than the Evo. The Evo Shift also has good battery life.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok, question while we're on the Android equivalent for webOS topic. Is there a messaging app that combines SMS, MMS and IM like the webOS Messaging app?
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Ok, question while we're on the Android equivalent for webOS topic. Is there a messaging app that combines SMS, MMS and IM like the webOS Messaging app?
    Curious about this too. I wonder if I was duped into thinking just webOS has this "single pane of glass" with synergy.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    I never thought I would do so, but my patience has officially run out. I feel like a lost puppy without a home. The Sprint WebOS faithful took a giant shot in the nuts today.
    I feel you. I just wish the alternatives weren't so big. I like my Pre form factor. But for 4G and apps, I need to look elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    I haven't come across anything like this. The only IM clint i use is GChat and not enough to miss the single messaging app concept (which i think is a great idea and something HP needs to advertise better).

But on the flip side, GChat is superb on android devices....barely consumes battery.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123