Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM626 View Post
    I'm with you. I'm leaning towards the epic because I've typed on both evo and epic and I love the swype feature on the epic. I am going to wait until after the MWC next week to see what the next bigger and better thing on sprint will be.
    Just a heads up...Swype comes with the Evo now after the last update.
    I 3rd or 4th the go with the EVO.
    I love the Evo everything is snappy. Swype is pretty good (Yes I sometimes miss a physical keyboard but not enough to go back to my original pre)
    Lots of Apps.
    I miss cards sometimes but the hold the home button thing is ok enough for me to get over it.

You will probably find yourself trying to swipe programs away for a little while like I did LOL.

Oh and I love having flash available. It seems to work pretty darn good. Also I use Dolphin HD as my browsers as I prefer it over the stock one.
    Dolphin HD is pretty good....i used it for a bit but ended up going back stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by deman19901 View Post
    The size factor, was an issue with me at first also. This wore off after about a month. Have any Evo owners try to use the Pre after using your Evo for a few months? I tried to use my Pre just the other day for facebook and browsing the web. I was like how did I ever use this thing. Screen seemed so tiny and everything was laggy.
    I dont have any lag on my Pre... mind you, I do have it overclocked to 1Ghz which took about 30 seconds to do and cost nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Is there any way to get my webOS contacts on Android?
    If your contacts are in google it's as simple as signing in to your android device.
    and if you'd prefer to keep your contacts to yourself, and not share them with Google, it's completely impossible, I believe.

But how about if you are willing to give google all that info about yourself, but it happens to be in either the Pre profile (the obvious default for a Pre user) or in, say, the old format that missing sync uses to sync to your own computer. What do we do?
    EVO Schmevo....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    and if you'd prefer to keep your contacts to yourself, and not share them with Google, it's completely impossible, I believe.

But how about if you are willing to give google all that info about yourself, but it happens to be in either the Pre profile (the obvious default for a Pre user) or in, say, the old format that missing sync uses to sync to your own computer. What do we do?
    You should be able to use the patch to export your contacts from webOS as a csv file, then you can import them to Google.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    The evo have an option to store all the contacts on the phone and not through Google. There's contacts back up apps, text messaging and call log and app list back up.

I cheated on my Pre and left it for my evo. And we had an Evo shift
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    The only two good Android phones on Sprint are the HTC Evo and the Samsung Epic.
    Correction. The Optimus S, though "low end" is a fairly competant phone. Root the device, install some nice ROM's on there, and it flys. Still no flash, but thats a limitation of the processor.

I had one for a couple weeks, and rooting took 10 minutes. Awesome phone, and cheap too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I cheated on my Pre and left it for my evo. And we had an Evo shift
    Congrats! Boy or girl?
    @kill_dano

You shouldn't be using those Doctors unless you know the risks involved.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    *i find it amazing that all these former Palm, now EVO users are still in this community, very odd to me**

Anyway, for anyone with answer. Ok, so the EVO size not an issue? How are you toting it around? I'm a holster kind of guy and walked around with my co worker's for a bit and felt *ugh*. Maybe you folks are pocket/pocket books carriers?
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    *i find it amazing that all these former Palm, now EVO users are still in this community, very odd to me**

Anyway, for anyone with answer. Ok, so the EVO size not an issue? How are you toting it around? I'm a holster kind of guy and walked around with my co worker's for a bit and felt *ugh*. Maybe you folks are pocket/pocket books carriers?
    Pocket for me, I almost never carry a purse, unless I'm traveling.

As tiny as I am, it still fits in the pocket of my jeans.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Ok, so the EVO size not an issue? How are you toting it around? I'm a holster kind of guy and walked around with my co worker's for a bit and felt *ugh*. Maybe you folks are pocket/pocket books carriers?
    I'm both. When I'm dressed in business attire, I tend to use a holster. Business casual is a toss up. And when I'm casual, the EVO is in my pocket. I don't have an issue with either.

For me, and this is just me here, the EVO is actually more comfortable in my pocket than the Pre wes. Part of the reason is that the Pre is thicker.

Now when I'm biking or running, it's holster or backpack. That goes for any phone. I can't have it swinging around in my pant pockets (assuming I even have pockets, depending on the workout).
    Mine is in my pocket. Note i work in corporate America and haven't run into any issues with my dress pants. Honestly, its pretty thin so it doesn't really bulge much.

It might just be worth trying it out for like 2 weeks and seeing how it works....i won't lie, there are people who flat out just won't like the size...but i was one who was nervous about the size but ended up loving it. I also use the kickstand often which is great for youtube (btw, youtube is excellent on it as well.).
    Having monkeyed around with a Dell Streak for a while, the Evo doesn't feel too large to me at all. In fact, I thought the Evo Shift seemed to be a bit smallish, and the extra bulk of the sliding keyboard pretty much sold me on the Evo.

The Epic would be great if Samsung didn't suck about getting updates to users.
    Many of the questions that are coming up are in the Getting Started with Android - Tips and Tricks or Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    ...I guess paging thru Android home screens won't be that much different doing the same thing with Launcher.
    No, it is much easier. You can be three taps away from up to 256 apps. See: Folders
    Is there any way to get my webOS contacts on Android?
    Sure, just use the same Google Gmail account and all of your contacts and calendar items will transfer back and forth automatically between the phones. See: Palm webOS Homebrewer's Guide to Android

To export all of your Palm Profile, Facebook, and other webOS contacts, use the Send All Contacts via Email patch. Let it email the file it creates to your gmail account. Save the file on your computer and import the file into Gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    and if you'd prefer to keep your contacts to yourself, and not share them...
    If you have contacts on a webOS phone, they are being shared with the cloud. Sorry. Palm Profile contacts are in Palm's cloud. Unless you have a feature phone, your contacts are not really just on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    ...For me, and this is just me here, the EVO is actually more comfortable in my pocket than the Pre wes. Part of the reason is that the Pre is thicker.
    That is because the Pre is actually a bigger volume than the EVO. See the comparison:
    Overall Size: HTC EVO 4G overall size is smaller than the closed Pre: 6.2 vs. 6.4 cubic inches
    Contacts are actually just part of what you want to sync. What about syncing Facebook and other content in Android?

Android has had what Palm calls Synergy since 2008 to sync contacts, calendar, addresses, emails, phone numbers, birthdays, etc. with:
    • Microsoft Exchange
    • Facebook
    • Flickr
    • Google
    • LinkedIn
    • Quik
    • Twitter
    • Yahoo!

For instance, if a Facebook friend updates their status to show it's their birthday, your phone is updated. When they call, their current photo and status pops up along with their name and number.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    That is because the Pre is actually a bigger volume than the EVO. See the comparison:
    Overall Size: HTC EVO 4G overall size is smaller than the closed Pre: 6.2 vs. 6.4 cubic inches
    Any chance you could add the HTC Evo Shift to that comparison chart?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast