• No, Android is where its at!

57 26.76%
  • No, Windows Phone 7 has my heart now.

5 2.35%
  • No (other)

34 15.96%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now that we know what Palm has up its sleeve, as far as phones go are you staying or jumping ship?
    Staying. Why would I leave?
  3.    #3  
    Why would you leave? I am not sure. Other people that I have had a chance to speak with are underwhelmed by the new phone line up. If you are genuinely excited about the Veer or Pre3 that is fine, but if so could you please elaborate why you decided not to go a different rout?
    keep my sprint pre until summer? I don't think so. My wife has been wanting an iphone. I convinced her to wait to hear from HP, especially after Leo promised no waiting. Hard to support a company that refuses to learn from past mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigantuouse View Post
    Why would you leave? I am not sure. Other people that I have had a chance to speak with are underwhelmed by the new phone line up. If you are genuinely excited about the Veer or Pre3 that is fine, but if so could you please elaborate why you decided not to go a different rout?
    Why I'm not leaving. The new Pre3 looks slick. Nothing wrong in my eyes. I will definitly be upgrading when I can. Plus, webOS is still the best OS. I wouldnt switch simply for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Why I'm not leaving. The new Pre3 looks slick. Nothing wrong in my eyes. I will definitly be upgrading when I can. Plus, webOS is still the best OS. I wouldnt switch simply for that reason.
    .....seriously dude, really, you believe that.
    I wouldn't say the Veer is great but different strokes for different folks.
    How can you leave something that you aren't already a part of? I may get a Pre 3 if a) it's on Verizon, and b) it's on Verizon on 4/31/11. Neither of those have been confirmed, and the launch date looks impossible at the moment.
    i'm no tgoing to decide today.

but hp is losing me as a fan with their lack of support for the pre. it's getting ridiculous and i'll definitely remember that when i go to get a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimj82 View Post
    Yes, I do.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    The Pre 3 looks awesome! I like the size and form factor of my Pre Minus, and I'm just glad that when my pre dies, there will be a replacement (assuming Sprint carries the Pre 3).
    If it were available today I'd sign up on any carrier that had it.

If I have to wait til summer, then it's competing for my heart with iPhone 5.
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimj82 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the specs of the Pre 3 unless a person is bent on getting a slab phone.
    RIP palm, Goodbye HP and Hello Apple
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the specs of the Pre 3 unless a person is bent on getting a slab phone.
    If they are using the same factories and having the same quality inspectors as the previous Pres, they are in big trouble. One of the biggest issues was the quality of the build, not the OS. And if someone wants a slab phone, then the who Ecosystem they are trying to sell goes down the toilet.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'll absolutely be staying. The WebOS experience far outweighs any hardware upgrades the other OS's devices might get in the future.
    What does stay mean? Keep your existing webos phone in the drawer in case you want to play with it on wifi sometimes?

Use it as a phone and wifi hotspot and tether an android phone or ipod touch to it so you can run all the stuff that isn't available on webos?
  18. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Not sure . . . .wait until summer and no upgrade to my Day1 Pre . . . I'm just not sure if I'm committed to HP as I once was. Summer could be 6 months from now!!!
    my other vote would be ill see what i like best in november when my contract is up. ill stick with the pre- and sprint till then, cause of the cost saving, then ill see what i like. there are advantages to a webos device....... but i dont know if i want another one, but we'll see.
    I'm on Sprint so I can't stay. It doesn't look like anything is coming our way for those of us who jumped on board at the beginning. I'm in no rush to switch and hopefully HP will give us some carrier specifics in the "coming months" but all signs point to Sprint being left out in the cold, cold world of Android.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast