22 10.33%
  • No, Android is where its at!

57 26.76%
  • No, Windows Phone 7 has my heart now.

5 2.35%
  • No (other)

34 15.96%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Pre 3 looks terrific. I only wish I could buy it. It's not really looking like I'll be able to get one on Sprint any time in the foreseeable future, though. So I guess I am leaving for some phone that actually exists.
    I just don't like the timeframe for availability. I wanted to preorder/order right then and there. I had my card ready too and stuff
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    this feb 9th thing was a sham! I have had a pre for quite sometime. I am tired of the lies! Anyone got any advice on a phone & carrier (if need be) to get the things promised in 2.0. Adobe flash and voice record are the 2 apps I want. Especially the flash. Everything on the net is going to flash! I am furious because I don't like doing business with "'%&2-o. This has been promised for months!
    I'm at a crossroads. I'm on my second Pre and it has some issues (power button lock/unlock doesn't work). Unfortunately, I waited too long and now the support people give me that BS about it having water damage. I don't want to spend the $200 deductible when I know I'll probably be picking something up.

I love WebOS, but I'm feeling betrayed by HP/Palm. The only device I'm interested in, the Pre 3, isn't available until summer, which can mean as late as August and since no carriers were announced, there's no guarantee Sprint will even get this. I figured, I'll tough it out somehow on the old hardware, but now I find that WebOS 2.x will never come to my original Pre.

In my opinion, HP/Palm should have been up front about the fact that 2.x wasn't coming to the original devices from the start and they should have provided a faster hardware upgrade path so we're not left in the lurch (the Pre 2, which is only on 3 networks worldwide, is not an upgrade path).

I like the new features in WebOS, I like the integration features they've built between the Pre 3 and the TouchPad, but after this demonstration of support for their existing customers from HP, I'm not sure they'll pull this off. No matter how good the OS is, and WebOS is the best, if a company won't support it properly, it doesn't stand a chance.

Matias Duarte, who designed WebOS' excellent UI, works for Google and it's clear he's had a hand in Honeycomb. Right now, I'm going to wait and see what comes first, a compelling Honeycomb device on Sprint, or the Pre3 on Sprint. If, in the meantime, I find that they botch the carrier/customer relations on the Pre3 on other networks, I might still give the Pre3 a pass if it arrives before Honeycomb on Sprint.
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimj82 View Post
    .....seriously dude, really, you believe that.
    I do as well. I certainly dont like android and i feel like webos has more potential for productivity then android. And originally i wanted either, but after using all three webos has the most suitable os. Also like the pre 3, its different yet has everything i wanted in a webos device.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    dude call sprint insurance and say you lost the phone and tehy will make u pay 100 bucks and u get a new pre heck it may be less nowadays
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I do as well. I certainly dont like android and i feel like webos has more potential for productivity then android. And originally i wanted either, but after using all three webos has the most suitable os. Also like the pre 3, its different yet has everything i wanted in a webos device.
    WebOS has had "potential" for 20 ****ing months.

Potential is irrelevant.
    Going where there are significant numbers of useable apps - won't look at webos again until it's proven to have sufficient developers to sustain it. Hardware's nice, OS is nice but without apps it's a dinosaur waiting to die.

I figure by the time my next 2 year commitment is completed we'll know......I'm tired of waiting for apps that should have been available long ago on a viable system.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Lets see so far that is 79 Yes and 96 No ... and this is coming from a WebOS enthusiast site, generally bias towards WebOS.... What does that say?

I dont know how many more shots to the foot the WebOS platform can take...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Potential is irrelevant.
    yep i'm trying to win the championship this season. I ain't got time to wait for the rookie to learn to play the game. What you can do now is what i care about.
    I was thoroughly impressed by what HP showed off today, but i'm disappointed that i'll have to wait awhile to get my hands on what I want (the pre3) the veer surprisingly nice, but not suitable for my needs.

I've been contemplating a move from sprint to verizon for a while now, and the apparent lack of webOS support will make that decision less difficult. Here's hoping that they'll announce a 4g sprint phone at mobile world congress, but i won't hold my breath... looks like Sprints "doubling down" on Kyocera.

frankly, i'm a bit surprised by the tone of users around here. the lack of 2.0 on current devices hurts and the wait until summer hurts, but everything else shown today was fantastic and truly unique to webOS. even if i did leave, i'd be back...
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 02/10/2011 at 04:45 AM.
    Sure to stay.. I love my realease day pre... I´m not willing to update to 2.xx till more patches and modifications are possible... So I´m not really angry to have to wait some more time to get it... and touchpad will be mine asap. Yesterday was too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Why I'm not leaving. The new Pre3 looks slick. Nothing wrong in my eyes. I will definitly be upgrading when I can. Plus, webOS is still the best OS. I wouldnt switch simply for that reason.
    Good for a cosign.
    Prē
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I find it interesting that so many are disappointed with the hardware/form factor choices. I use a WebOS device because of WebOS -- the hardware never really wow'd me before, but it's nice to see new hardware that doesn't choke out when I'm getting a phone call. That's all I really needed. Switching to iOS or Android isn't going to help enhance my preferred OS experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctyler View Post
    keep my sprint pre until summer? I don't think so. My wife has been wanting an iphone. I convinced her to wait to hear from HP, especially after Leo promised no waiting. Hard to support a company that refuses to learn from past mistakes.
    SAME exact situation here... I tried to wait and even bring my 5 phone family... we just CANNOT wait any longer
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I had three friends go to the store yesterday and get different devices,they were fed up with promises. I saw the lag of the devices during the demo. I'm not impressed at all. I waited for what yes palm all five phones on my account will be the otherguys devices. Thanks lairs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaulds View Post
    I saw the lag of the devices during the demo. I'm not impressed at all.
    I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Such powerful CPUs and there is still a ridiculous amount of lag. It goes to show what many have pointed out before, you can't just throw more hardware at inefficient software.

I also realize that the demoed devices are in Beta, but there was simply too much lag. They have lots of work to do between now and "sometime this summer". By the way, does that qualify as the "middle half of 2011"?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Your poll is missing the "Yes -- nothing else is as good as my 1.4.5 Pre .... yet" option.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    i am a pixi user and i hate/dont like slider, but i love the webOS interface. My pixi is only one month olld. I will keep it and look have everything will envolve.
    if there will be some kind of pixi2 and till then they have build a great userbase and lots of good apps, ill stay. If not i will see what fits me the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Your poll is missing the "Yes -- nothing else is as good as my 1.4.5 Pre .... yet" option.
    It is also missing the "No -- I'd rather eradicate my retinas with a laser held in place by the Veer's removable magnet!", but why complain, right?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast