22 10.33%
  • No, Android is where its at!

57 26.76%
  • No, Windows Phone 7 has my heart now.

5 2.35%
  • No (other)

34 15.96%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    webos itself is ok. Hopefully they provide os updates to the older devices.
    I will skip the pre3 as it not as high spec as i eXpected for a flag ship phone
    i'm leaving, because:
    1. I want a slab
    2. I'm don't want to wait anymore
    3. No 2.0 update,no me
    4. With that line-up webOS is dying
    The 'No OTA 2.x Updates' hurts a bit, but I'm still excited about the P3 and Touchpad. While I'd loved to stick with Sprint, I'm out of contract, so they're not an absolute for me...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    i'm waiting for the dust to settle...and my 2yr contract to expire. That said, i might partake in a little WebOS trois this summer.
    I use Sprint. There is no WebOS 2.x phone available for me. My only option is to keep nursing a Pre-? Um ... I'm thinking no thanks HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    i'm no tgoing to decide today.

but hp is losing me as a fan with their lack of support for the pre. it's getting ridiculous and i'll definitely remember that when i go to get a new phone.
    with the official anouncement of not updating all phones, i can now vote no.

going back to blackberry, when the first touchscreen os6 device comes out. playbook looks badass.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: language
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    My contract doesn't expire until October sadly. When it does, I'll be leaving.

webOS has never got the developer support it needs and a lot of the features and apps I want are missing. I had a look at the newly online Android Market this week and was very impressed.
    I'm also very angry about the lack of a 2.x OTA update or any reasonable timeline for an alternative and have completely lost faith in Palm as a company.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    HP Palm has abandoned me. There went my loyalty to Palm.

Good luck in attracting an all new crowd. When people ask about the new HP Palm phones, I'll have to say that they are just as likely to to be abandoned with HP Palm as there are on Android.

Have not made a final decision but leaning toward giving up on HP Palm.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I was worried, but I was impressed and am glad they improved the pre form factor without straying too much. The form and rounded eges, are what I love about the pre, as opposed to others. I love all the little details and things they have done with the touchpad. Notifications, card view, email, touch stone integration! Love it all.
    I really dont think what Palm offered today and their actions of not providing updates to the current webOS community will bring developers to webOS for the long haul. I haven't totally decided but its almost a done deal that I am done with both Sprint and webOS for the next year or two at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    with the official anouncement of not updating all phones, i can now vote no.

going back to blackberry, when the first touchscreen os6 device comes out. playbook looks badass.
    really blackberry? The failed copycat of webOS. that would be the last place I would go.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    really blackberry? The failed copycat of webOS. that would be the last place I would go.
    they're reliable, and os6 is awesome.

they may be a copycat of webos, but at least they support their users with reliable hardware.

palm has yet to do that, and HP is washing their hands of the people with devices earlier than the pre2.
    I'm leaving as soon I can !
    I am wholly disappointed by the announcement today. I think the TouchPad and Pre 3 look awesome, especially together. I can't say that I will stay with webOS though. No webOS 2 update for Pre-/+ users and no idea if any of this is coming to Sprint. I'm tired of waiting. This is like the 2009 announcement of the Pre. Announce it to great fanfare and critial acclaim, but then wait six months to release the phone. By the time they released the Pre mindshare had seriously waned. Keep up the good work guys.
    For those that are planning on leaving, what if sprint and verizon somehow announced wimax and lte version? I think they did good with pre 3, they gave us a maxima instead of a skyline, but still very usable and practical. Just out of curiosity for the nay sayers, what app or service is out or soon to be out that the pre 3 can't handle besides nfc and probably dlna.
    I bought an Evo at 1:25pm.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    WOW. i came home expecting there to be some great news.. and, i am utterly disappointed to say the least. no ota update?? really? and the veer dosent even have a headphone jack?? man they get something right and miss something else. o well this is prolly gonna be my last post here. ill still browse through and see if i could possible get a 2.0 doctor but other than that... i think im gonna go buy an evo shift now. Bye Bye. Webos, we had a semi-good run together.
    I never left WebOS =0
    Staying for now. I won't leave Sprint for a phone, so if the Pre (2 or) 3 doesn't come to Sprint in the next few months I would consider looking at other devices.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    For those that are planning on leaving, what if sprint and verizon somehow announced wimax and lte version? I think they did good with pre 3, they gave us a maxima instead of a skyline, but still very usable and practical. Just out of curiosity for the nay sayers, what app or service is out or soon to be out that the pre 3 can't handle besides nfc and probably dlna.
    thats not really the issue.

the issue is that they are ignoring almost their entire customer base (at least US wise) by not updating the other phones. not only that, but they flat out lied about it.

why would you stick with them? there are other options. having your 'flagship' device out there for a year without an update, while promising them to come 'soon', then deciding it wont be updated anymore is outrageous.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast