Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I'm really leaning towards the Playbook now that i've seen the TouchPad hands on. The creator of the Gesture area dont have a gesture area on its device.
    lol playbook really? Don't even...
    These two tablets are my two choices, but all in all RIM stole cards and gesture areas. I love webos and the Touchpad is superior is horsepower and 9.7 screen and I will get it, though the Playbook isn't a bad tablet either.
    Rim's device will be out next month.... HPs... "summer"

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Where are all the lovers of the 7" formfactor? How did 9.7" become the perfect size?
    Me too... The PlayBook is just the right size for me and BlackBerry QNX is going to blow away webOS.
    If I wont buy webos pad (here is the hope to see 7" soon), I wont buy BB neither, just stick with my galaxy tab.
    Neither. We haven't seen enough of both to really commit to one or the other. Hypothetically though, I'll go for webOS.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    touchpad i like the phone integration part very nicely done.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    HP TouchPad vs. iPad vs. Xoom vs. PlayBook: the tale of the tape -- Engadget

touchpad vs. ipad vs. xoom vs. playbook??

Yea that was stupid of them to leave out the gesture area.
    Defiantly would stay as far away from BlackBerry's devices as possible. I hate apple and their simplistic approach to everything, but I would buy a hundred iPads before I even considered a Playbook after all the experiences I've had with BB's OS'.
    I've seen the software on the Playbook. It's bad, really bad.
    Unless the Touchpad is around 400-500 for a wifi only version, then I am going Nook color.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Defiantly would stay as far away from BlackBerry's devices as possible. I hate apple and their simplistic approach to everything, but I would buy a hundred iPads before I even considered a Playbook after all the experiences I've had with BB's OS'.
    The blackberry os is not on the playbook, QNX is new for playbook and from the vids works fine.
    Are we sure there's no gesture area? How do you go back WITHIN an app?
    I don't know why I was thinking HP's CEO would know what he's talking about "available in weeks not months", just got an offer from HP for the Slate 500, and it said, "on backorder for 8 weeks".
    Maybe in HP speak, that's fast service. Hawkins and Dubinsky must be throwing up somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Are we sure there's no gesture area? How do you go back WITHIN an app?
    Apps redesigned to use full screen. Watch engadget video, you can do things in the app not have a small screen and use gesture area. Gesture are really helps with the smartphones small screen but if apps are designed with back and forward features, gesture are looses its use.
    I heard the Blackbook was DOA will the TouchPad be DOA? (come summer)
    --Marvin
    Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    After watching precentral.net video, the touchpad is laggy, no video out, no back camera. Hmm, now after I have time to digest I am torn between the playbook and touchpad.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast