Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Where are all the lovers of the 7" formfactor? How did 9.7" become the perfect size?
    That's why I'm going with the Playbook. I'll not be carrying a 9.7" with me, the 7" is more portable plus really what's the big difference between both of them? The you will get your sms on the tablet? yes but I don't care about that. That you will be able to tap and get the link to your pre? Sure, but there is also Naeto for that. Stack card? Yes but I never leave apps open on my pre anyway. The playbook is the perfect size for me and it is all about choices that's why I will choose to buy the Playbook

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    These two tablets are my two choices, but all in all RIM stole cards and gesture areas. I love webos and the Touchpad is superior is horsepower and 9.7 screen and I will get it, though the Playbook isn't a bad tablet either.
    Mighty funny that the HP Pad's mail app looks like a straight port of the iPad. I wonder if it has pinch to zoom, and how about that form factor. As another mentioned, if you have an old iPad case lying around, you can you it on the Touchpad.

To the OP, do you already have a BB? If not have you compared what is possible with a BB and without a BB with the Playbook? Don't just look at the interface. For a new device running a new OS, and whose latest OS on the BB has not met rave success, me personally, I would not even consider the playbook. It's not in the "cards". LOL
    The 7 inch screen is in no mans land IMO, too big for a phone and too small for a pad, no brainer, give me the TouchPad.
    I have played with the Galaxy Tab in Best Buy and I really like the 7" size. But the iPad's 10" surface isnt too big for me. In fact, I am looking forward to the Xoom's wider screen 10" screen. But for me, the interaction between my webOS phone (and I WILL have one) definitely overlooks the missing gesture area.

TouchPad for me. And I am using my "Palm" sticker that Dieter gave me to put over the HP logo!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I'm really leaning towards the Playbook now that i've seen the TouchPad hands on. The creator of the Gesture area dont have a gesture area on its device.
    Honestly if Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint I may not be getter the Touchpad. But if the Pre 3 does, I'll be getting the Touchpad. To me the TouchPad is more elegant and a better looking device -- plus it is a powerful device! And can PlayBook video chat?

Anyway, I might end up getting both. With my wife getting a BB Tour for Sprint she'll probably want to get the PlayBook to go with it. And assuming I can get the Pre 3, I'll want to get the TouchPad to go with it.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Anyway, I might end up getting both. With my wife getting a BB Tour for Sprint she'll probably want to get the PlayBook to go with it. And assuming I can get the Pre 3, I'll want to get the TouchPad to go with it.
    That's coo, plus with the playbook you get the same multitasking experience, not only that but it would have gesture and the touchpad wont

And if the playbook comes out before the touchpad people wont know that it was a copied of webOS
    why the Playbook has a gesture bar and Touchpad doesn't boggles my mind!!!! I want a gesture bar Palm/HP!! what are you doing?!
    Is there anything unique about the BB or is it another me-too iPad? Is there some BB ecosystem I'm not aware of?
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    The blackberry os is not on the playbook, QNX is new for playbook and from the vids works fine.
    I'm sure the vids of the original Pre showed it as a blazing fast OS.
    The playbook is a direct ripoff of webos.

TouchPad all the way!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Here is a nice video of the Playbook. It looks just like WebOS. Why would I wait for a larger Touchpad if this fits the bill?

Video - CES: Playing with the RIM Playbook - WSJ.com
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Here is a nice video of the Playbook. It looks just like WebOS. Why would I wait for a larger Touchpad if this fits the bill?

Video - CES: Playing with the RIM Playbook - WSJ.com
    Why support RIM and their disgraceful attempt at completely mimicking webOS? Don't buy it and teach them a lesson.

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Why support RIM and their disgraceful attempt at completely mimicking webOS? Don't buy it and teach them a lesson.
    Yes - this will teach them a lesson.

Purchasing the Playbook is better assurance of a larger existing ecosystem and developer-supported platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post

Purchasing the Playbook is better assurance of a larger existing ecosystem and developer-supported platform.
    There are more webos apps than playbook apps mate.

Anyway, if people here prefer the playbook to the touchpad, I have to say that they are viewing the wrong forum.

I'm sure crackberry.com forums is having this same conversation on the flipside. :P

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post

So the world didn't need webOS in 2009 because yet another mobile OS is too many in a world where there's Apple and Google. But if QNX comes around in 2011 with a KIRF webOS UI but without any installed base or apps of its own, that's totally dandy and desirable?

Where's your hate for "me-too" products without any merits of their own? Reserved for webOS, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    So the world didn't need webOS in 2009 because yet another mobile OS is too many in a world where there's Apple and Google. But if QNX comes around in 2011 with a KIRF webOS UI but without any installed base or apps of its own, that's totally dandy and desirable?

Where's your hate for "me-too" products without any merits of their own? Reserved for webOS, isn't it?
    Of course. Only reserved for webOS. that's how it works for me

All the geture area did was back up and go forward I mean really ! You can incorporate that into the touchscreen dude !! Very easy and it's probably already done lol

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    There are more webos apps than playbook apps mate.

Anyway, if people here prefer the playbook to the touchpad, I have to say that they are viewing the wrong forum.

I'm sure crackberry.com forums is having this same conversation on the flipside. :P

You guys really need to read more about products before you run your mouths. The Playbook is capable of running Android apps.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I wish Palm could have learned a lesson from consumers not buying their products. As such, here I am a Treo evangelist who reluctantly moved to the Pixi but was pleasantly surprised that it was an upgrade even if Palm considered the Pre the upgrade path for Treos instead of the Pixi. Now HP comes out with that Veer thing and leaves the non-slider crowd out. HPalm is pushing me further and further out.

I disliked Android enough to stick with WebOS. No one could like BBOS less than I, but if the new TouchOS that looks and works like WebOS is a winner plus gestures, then RIM seems to be the ones learning from the consumer.
    Last edited by libray; 02/25/2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    That's why I'm going with the Playbook. I'll not be carrying a 9.7" with me, the 7" is more portable plus really what's the big difference between both of them? The you will get your sms on the tablet? yes but I don't care about that. That you will be able to tap and get the link to your pre? Sure, but there is also Naeto for that. Stack card? Yes but I never leave apps open on my pre anyway. The playbook is the perfect size for me and it is all about choices that's why I will choose to buy the Playbook

It is pretty confusing but it seems playbook may not have any native PIM apps at all i.e. email, calendar, agenda. It will get all of that when you bring a blackberry phone near it (apparently it streams it). So, you essentially need to buy two devices for it to work the way you are used to.

I am going to be watching this closely as otherwise it seems like a great device. It may have copied a lot of features from webOS but that doesn't make it bad it makes it better
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast