Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It is amazing, how I-phone -4 released last year has better resolution than pre-3, not even released now. It is sad. I thought pre-3 would kill dual core motorola Atrix 4G, but sadly H/P is way behind.
    So I phone-4 resolution : 960x 640 in a smaller screen size
    Pre-3, releasing one year after i-phone-4: Bigger screen and smaller resolution: 800x480

We havenot even caught up with iphone-4 from last year, dont have a magnetic compass, dont have gyroscopes.

Pre-3 will be comapred to iPhone-5 as both will be released at the same time. IPhone-5 will most likely have dual core processor too. This is sad, pre-3 cant even compare to iPhone-4 spec wise, how will it fare against iphone-5?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    It wont, each phone brings there own thing. the screen size is almost the same, 3.5 or 3.6 no difference there, wont even notice. Pre is still behind cause apple has head start, and I dont think HP wanted to spent lot of money on the screen with resolution, maybe Pre4 will be better screen, if you compare Pre3 to iPhone3 Pre3 wins out, HP going Apple way, the road of the turtle, very slow.
    The Pre 3's resolution is still very high and impressive. You don't have to match or surpass everything Apple does, the successful Androids prove that. The Evo, Galaxy S, Droid 2/Droid X...none of them have the iPhone 4's gimmicky super high res screen. After a while high res is high res, it's about real world use not a spec sheet.
    It actually doesn't matter that the resolution is less than the iPhone. If the iPhone 5 was announced and it had less resolution, then you might have something.

WebOs is abou the full package, and I think they did it just fine.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    The Pre 3's resolution is still very high and impressive. You don't have to match or surpass everything Apple does, the successful Androids prove that. The Evo, Galaxy S, Droid 2/Droid X...none of them have the iPhone 4's gimmicky super high res screen.
    That's true but those phones -- some of them being almost 8 months old -- have the same resolution as HP's upcoming flagship phone that doesn't even have a concrete release date.
    I can't tell a difference in picture quality from my pre- and an iphone 4
    So much talk about screen resolution. The pre is a 3.58 screen iphone 3.6 so yea its nearly the same size screen. The retina display is over hyped. My bro has an iphone 4 and its not something you notice and are like wow! trust me its not a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I can't tell a difference in picture quality from my pre- and an iphone 4
    try reading some text on your Pre and compare to the same text on an iPhone 4. Its a tremendous difference. I too am dissapointed the Pre 3 screen wont be as good as a screen released a year earlier.
    Apple's scale, internal design of many components, and efficient management of their supply chain allow them to offer a higher resolution at a competitive price. If HP could hit the same price point and offer a higher resolution, they would do it, but have to trade off features to keep the price down.
    The UI more than makes up for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    My bro has an iphone 4 and its not something you notice and are like wow! trust me its not a big deal.
    No disrespect to your brother, but he is wrong. The iPhone 4 screen is the best on the market and its not really even close.
    Yeah, I dont think Hp will catch up to Apple. I think its going to be a rivalry between Apple and Android this year. Hp will be left in the dust with Nokia or Blackberry.

The Touchpad did fare better with me than the phones but apple is already releasing the IPad 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    That's true but those phones -- some of them being almost 8 months old -- have the same resolution as HP's upcoming flagship phone that doesn't even have a concrete release date.
    It's still a very high resolution. The upcoming HTC Thunderbolt has the same. Sure it could be higher but when websites have to use microscope to show the differences in super-zoomed screenshots between super high res and super super high res phones it kinda shows things are getting a bit ridiculous.

Ok, the Pre3 won't have the highest res possible. It's still very high res and very competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    try reading some text on your Pre and compare to the same text on an iPhone 4. Its a tremendous difference. I too am dissapointed the Pre 3 screen wont be as good as a screen released a year earlier.
    Try reading some text on a Droid 2 (similar res and screen size as announced for Pre 3) and then on the iPhone 4. It's a marginal difference AT BEST.
    There are so many other specs that matter. How well does "tap to share" work between the ipad and iphone. If this were an apple forum I could bemoan the fact that HP is new to the game and Apple doesn't have any products like out currently!
    The iPhone 4 has not been out for a year, not even close to a year. Get your facts straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    It wont, each phone brings there own thing. the screen size is almost the same, 3.5 or 3.6 no difference there, wont even notice. Pre is still behind cause apple has head start, and I dont think HP wanted to spent lot of money on the screen with resolution, maybe Pre4 will be better screen, if you compare Pre3 to iPhone3 Pre3 wins out, HP going Apple way, the road of the turtle, very slow.
    Pre screen size 3.1

Pre3 screen size 3.6 (3.58)

So the screen is larger. I wish they were larger than that, but it is larger than the 1 generation Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    No disrespect to your brother, but he is wrong. The iPhone 4 screen is the best on the market and its not really even close.
    Hes not wrong. Its my opinion he didnt tell me anything. I have the iphone 4 right here lol. My brother is 12 years old and not home from school yet lol. It is better but its not a wow factor. I am looking right at it man.
    Hahahahaha, damn the iPhone 4 & 5, i care not for the comparisons, all i know, there is a webos device,... about to be released,... that has a larger screen,... a 1.4ghz proc,..wireless n,..awesome ui,...and the greatest homebrew dev community on this planet that know just what to do with those specs to make the iphone 5, or the droid super duper pro extreme mean nothing to me... when i saw tha pre3 and spec sheet. i just busted out laughing- cause its a phone that will keep up with anything thrown at it, and HP will probably be releasing devices more frequent than palm was able to do alone-
    Im satisfied-
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Try reading some text on a Droid 2 (similar res and screen size as announced for Pre 3) and then on the iPhone 4. It's a marginal difference AT BEST.
    As a one time owner of a droid 2, I respectively disagree.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast