Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    If truth be told it is not Apple screen it is Samsung screen, they make the best screens. This current screen on Pre 3 is good enough to look at pictures, and surf the web and play games. What else is needed.
    I seriously hope HP doesn't make this their new marketing slogan. "the iPhone screen is better, but ours is good enough".
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I seriously hope HP doesn't make this their new marketing slogan. "the iPhone screen is better, but ours is good enough".
    Moby! It's been a minute.

As for the screen, let's see it side-by-side with some other devices.
    If HP release all the latest tech on there phones whats going to happen next year, they have to drag it out. Next year they will put in better screens.
    If HP release all the latest tech on there phones whats going to happen next year, they have to drag it out. Next year they will put in better screens.
    You cannot believe that they're holding back lest they put out "the best" and have nothing to follow it up with. You just can't.
    This was sprints big announcement. It has the same resolution as the Pre 3. This phone JUST came out. i am fine with the screen res on the Pre 3 just he way it is.

"Each of its screen's resolution is a now-standard 800 by 480 pixels."

Consumer Reports Electronics Blog: Sprint announces Kyocera Echo: first dual-screen smart phone
    it wont, each phone brings there own thing. The screen size is almost the same, 3.5 or 3.6 no difference there, wont even notice. Pre is still behind cause apple has head start, and i dont think hp wanted to spent lot of money on the screen with resolution, maybe pre4 will be better screen, if you compare pre3 to iphone3 pre3 wins out, hp going apple way, the road of the turtle, very slow.
    by then the pre 4 still be behind because iphone 6 be out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    This was sprints big announcement. It has the same resolution as the Pre 3. This phone JUST came out. i am fine with the screen res on the Pre 3 just he way it is.

Consumer Reports Electronics Blog: Sprint announces Kyocera Echo: first dual-screen smart phone
    How'd that go over?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    How'd that go over?
    Yeah, that's gonna be as big of a failure as the Pre 3/Veer

I don't understand how people on here can try to claw at ANYTHING.

You're comparing a failure and saying that means this won't be a failure????
    Huh?????????
    You don't need that much resolution for such a small device. Its like asking for your laptop screen to have a resoultion of 12800x7200 everything on the screen would be too small to even bother reading..

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    You don't need that much resolution for such a small device. Its like asking for your laptop screen to have a resoultion of 12800x7200 everything on the screen would be too small to even bother reading..

-Toaster
    Spoken like someone who uses a Pre.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Yeah, that's gonna be as big of a failure as the Pre 3/Veer

I don't understand how people on here can try to claw at ANYTHING.

You're comparing a failure and saying that means this won't be a failure????
    Huh?????????
    Worked for Fantasia, why not the Pre
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    don't really care about the screen... it all gets blurry after awhile. :-)
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    It is amazing, how I-phone -4 released last year has better resolution than pre-3, not even released now. It is sad. I thought pre-3 would kill dual core motorola Atrix 4G, but sadly H/P is way behind.
    So I phone-4 resolution : 960x 640 in a smaller screen size
    Pre-3, releasing one year after i-phone-4: Bigger screen and smaller resolution: 800x480

We havenot even caught up with iphone-4 from last year, dont have a magnetic compass, dont have gyroscopes.

Pre-3 will be comapred to iPhone-5 as both will be released at the same time. IPhone-5 will most likely have dual core processor too. This is sad, pre-3 cant even compare to iPhone-4 spec wise, how will it fare against iphone-5?
    It's not sad that iphone 2g, 3g, and 3gs all had outdated, small screen resolutions, but it's sad that the pre 3 has a very common among superphones screen resolution? Ok...And I seriously doubt that the iPhone 5 will have a dual core. Apple has never been the one to put new, top of the line CPUs in their phones. You say the Pre 3 can't compare to iPhone 4 spec wise, yet it trumps it in a few areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post

[url= Reports Electronics Blog: Sprint announces Kyocera Echo: first dual-screen smart phone[/url]
    so a dual screened phone that runs on an operating system that doesn't multi task. Even engadget said if 2 apps were used one would be put into hibernation... That sounds really useful... And watching a video is great except you know that bezel running right through the middle of the combined screens.

add to the fact that this phone is going to be on froyo for a loooonnnng time thanks to the custom api's that are implemented. So yeah this is exactly the phone I want instead of a pre 3
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    That seems to be the moto. We are close enough! and we do a true multitasking. All the people I talk with on Android say they have no problem multitasking.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    correct resolution to me is not that much of a big deal, and as good noted by previous people on the droid x, evo etc it shows. Even the newer devices still dont have what apple is toting so wheres the argument in there. Seems as most companies are not concerned with a retna type display, as it is not needed. Like a 8mg cam, which shows the iphones 5 mg is actully better. Specs are specs to me, the main concern was screen size, build quality, and processor power which was all addressed. I relealize there will be people who still wont be happy so no need to even attempt to explain my bases. HP could have come out with a 4 inch retna display, 3 ghz, 20mg cam, 3 gig ram 2 front facing camera phone and still people would complain get over it either you'll get when it comes out or you dont.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The iPhone also doesn't have a clear development situation that can attractively allow a single program to scale across incredibly tiny devices, mid sized devices, slabs, tablets, and even desktops. The resolution standard with the WebOS devices, and Enyo, allows that for WebOS. This means that as more of these products saturate the market individual dev's will have more incentive to develop applications as they are not only going to be having to tap into the smartphone market with an individual app but it can simultaneously tap into multiple smartphone types, tablets, and computers.

To me that is a worth while compromise for less resolution than the iPhone as long as the screen is very bright, the colors are very crisp, and the images are very clear which by all accounts seem to be the case with the Pre3
  18.    #58  
    What do guys think, people will flock to pre-3? or it will be a muted sale?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The iPhone also doesn't have a clear development situation that can attractively allow a single program to scale across incredibly tiny devices, mid sized devices, slabs, tablets, and even desktops. The resolution standard with the WebOS devices, and Enyo, allows that for WebOS. This means that as more of these products saturate the market individual dev's will have more incentive to develop applications as they are not only going to be having to tap into the smartphone market with an individual app but it can simultaneously tap into multiple smartphone types, tablets, and computers.

To me that is a worth while compromise for less resolution than the iPhone as long as the screen is very bright, the colors are very crisp, and the images are very clear which by all accounts seem to be the case with the Pre3
    Wow, that is so wrong.

They're called universal apps.
    Why are we even bother to compare with iPhone 4? By the time Pre 3 releases, iPhone 5 will be in the market, and probably dozen different Android super phone. Goodluck with increasing market share from 3%.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast