Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    The Pre 3's resolution is still very high and impressive. You don't have to match or surpass everything Apple does, the successful Androids prove that. The Evo, Galaxy S, Droid 2/Droid X...none of them have the iPhone 4's gimmicky super high res screen. After a while high res is high res, it's about real world use not a spec sheet.
    This guy knows what's up.
    This feels like 2001 all over again.
    AMD!
    Intel!
    AMD!
    Intel!
    OMG supaGHZ powa Intel ftw!

Ok, ok, the iPhone has a somewhat higher resolution...so?
    Planning to multitask on that little bit of extra real estate?

I can think of other, more important things that could be improved instead of the resolution.
    Yeah, higher resolution than basically every phone on the market today as well.

So yeah, get over it. It's a nice feature, but I have no problem using a phone with a lesser resolution when compared to the iPhone 4.
    The Pre 3's resolution is fine.
    As long as I don't have to grab an magnifying glass and a deblurring machine, the resolution is just fine...

Deblurring machine... patent pending.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by R1Gami View Post
    This feels like 2001 all over again.
    AMD!
    Intel!
    AMD!
    Intel!
    OMG supaGHZ powa Intel ftw!

Ok, ok, the iPhone has a somewhat higher resolution...so?
    Planning to multitask on that little bit of extra real estate?

I can think of other, more important things that could be improved instead of the resolution.
    Ironically, that's a rather good analogy. Intel kept trying to push faster and faster raw pipeline speed while AMD was instead trying to push more and more parallel processing power.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    The Evo, Galaxy S, Droid 2/Droid X...none of them have the iPhone 4's gimmicky super high res screen. After a while high res is high res, it's about real world use not a spec sheet.
    Very True. The retina screen was a marketing gimmick of Jobs. Hint :- the iPhone 5 will have a "Cornea Screen" which is an upgrade to "Retina Screen".
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Very True. The retina screen was a marketing gimmick of Jobs. Hint :- the iPhone 5 will have a "Cornea Screen" which is an upgrade to "Retina Screen".
    Yep. A super high rez display that still beats all other competitor is a "marketing gimmick". Just think, if Palm just had a few more of their own "marketing gimmicks", they would still be around today.
    Any one who has EVER had any issue reading something on the PRE screen because of its "resolution" please let me know your names. I NEVER had any issue with iphone 3G and with Palm Pre. I like that Epic has a better screen resolution but the problem with PRe has always been its screen size and not the resolution. Wide VGA is fine for a screen that is only 3.6". It is the same resolution that my 14" monitor used to be on 10 years ago.
    O.o

That's kinda creepy....
    Anyone who thinks the Retina Display is just a "marketing gimmick" should probably look at an iPhone 4 for themselves. It's the most tangible and impressive bullet point on the iPhone 4's feature list.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Any one who has EVER had any issue reading something on the PRE screen because of its "resolution" please let me know your names. I NEVER had any issue with iphone 3G and with Palm Pre. I like that Epic has a better screen resolution but the problem with PRe has always been its screen size and not the resolution. Wide VGA is fine for a screen that is only 3.6". It is the same resolution that my 14" monitor used to be on 10 years ago.
    I guess, Palm just caught up with what PC's were 10 years ago. Kudas.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Yeah, but the iPhone 4 sucks because it has the same form factor as the iPhone 3...
    And what? No physical keyboard?...FAIL!...
    What's that?...only 32GB? I need at least 33gb for my music and HD video needs...UBERFAIL!!!...this phone is the worst phone ever...
    What's that? I can't hold it like an ***** while I make my calls? SUPERDOOPERQUDROOPERFAILFACEPALMTOTHEMAXTIMES1000!!!!...
    No 4G?...well, gawsh, Apple should just die right now, because nobody's lame enough to want a non-4G phone!...

*523,000 iPhone 4 phones were sold in the time it took for FleetwoodSho to type this post*...

Lol...that means the iPhone 5 will be even Cornea than the iPhone 4, huh?...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have an iPod touch 4th gen... it really has the most beautiful screen I have ever seen on a portable device and yet, it isn't even up to iPhone 4's level. It's not just "resolution" for the sake of resolution. Pictures look better. Videos look better. Games look better. The screen on my iPod is 2x as good as the screen on my Evo, despite the bigger size. The screen on my wife's Evo Shift is better because of the pixel density. Same resolution, smaller screen. Meaning everything on the Evo has to be scaled up to fit the screen size.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    We havenot even caught up with iphone-4 from last year, dont have a magnetic compass, dont have gyroscopes.
    The Pre3 does have a compass:

Palm USA | Hp Pre 3 Phone | Features, Details
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webpoet73 View Post
    The screen on my iPod is 2x as good as the screen on my Evo, despite the bigger size. The screen on my wife's Evo Shift is better because of the pixel density. Same resolution, smaller screen. Meaning everything on the Evo has to be scaled up to fit the screen size.
    The Evo had the ugliest screen around. It was one of the main reasons I took that phone back....16 bit color in 2010, really?! Color banding on images that had a nice transition on my pc monitor and my pre. Maybe the original evo that supposedly had a better screen was ok, but they were still 16 bit. As far as the iphone 4 screen, many of my classmates have the iphone 4 and it is a nice screen. However, I still think the screen on the galaxy S line is nicer. I compared them both side by side by side on many occasions.

The Pre 3 screen resolution is fine, most of those new android phones coming this year are using that res. Look at the math for the apple retina display vs. the android resolution. Here is a good start: DROID has Retina Display! - Android Forums. Furthermore, Apple can include little extras like this because they can guarantee large bulk orders, not even HP knows how many of these new phones they will sell. While they do have a lot of money and resources do you really think they want to overshoot their target pricerange and/or risk an unprofitable product?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    The Pre 3's resolution is fine.
    I agree

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If truth be told it is not Apple screen it is Samsung screen, they make the best screens. This current screen on Pre 3 is good enough to look at pictures, and surf the web and play games. What else is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    If truth be told it is not Apple screen it is Samsung screen, they make the best screens. This current screen on Pre 3 is good enough to look at pictures, and surf the web and play games. What else is needed.
    werd...
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Yeah, but the iPhone 4 sucks because it has the same form factor as the iPhone 3...
    And what? No physical keyboard?...FAIL!...
    What's that?...only 32GB? I need at least 33gb for my music and HD video needs...UBERFAIL!!!...this phone is the worst phone ever...
    What's that? I can't hold it like an ***** while I make my calls? SUPERDOOPERQUDROOPERFAILFACEPALMTOTHEMAXTIMES1000!!!!...
    No 4G?...well, gawsh, Apple should just die right now, because nobody's lame enough to want a non-4G phone!...

*523,000 iPhone 4 phones were sold in the time it took for FleetwoodSho to type this post*...

Lol...that means the iPhone 5 will be even Cornea than the iPhone 4, huh?...
    THE FIRST AND SECOND IPHONE WERE NOT COMPLETE FAILURES.

THE FIRST AND SECOND PRES WERE.
    THUS THE FORM FACTOR COMPLAINT.
    STOP TRYING TO COMPARE TWO THINGS THAT DON'T HAVE THE SAME OUTCOME.

People are moving away from physical keyboards.

The storage limit is silly on the iPhone too but at least it's 32 gb.

Your points are completely ridiculous.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast