Global Posts
    918 Global Posts

Not my words, but Surur's (ex of this parish).

Just a *little* OTT perhaps??

(Mods, please move if you feel this should be elsewhere - I have no idea where it should be, but thought it should be here somewhere!)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    It shows just how out-of-touch the HP leadership really is.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    It's certainly true that *anyone* who takes an internet poll seriously if deluded! But it seems to be a day for weird quotations from mobile phone company execs...
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    i passively listened to a ustream coverage of the announcement. they showed this? because they used this...i feel bad for voting, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Seriously. They should have instead thrown up words on the screen like "magical" "revolutionary" "changes everything".

Geez, where did they get their marketing team from???
    I think it's funny that HP is immediately accused of "cheating", yet WebOS has consistently won polls such as this, long before HP bought Palm and WebOS.
    I was interested in this story ... until I found out the source.

The headline is needlessly inflammatory and misrepresents the truth. webOS fans might've "cheated," but HP didn't. Unless corporations are suddenly responsible for the actions of their fans.

Also, it's pretty obvious this guy has an axe to grind. He seems to be the worst example of a propeller-male.
    WMPowerlosers............ really?
    Yeah, hard to think that article was fair and balanced. Could be we cheated, but I don't think "Anonymous" gave him any proof other than "how could my l337 android lose?"
    Totally unfair to put a poll on the web that can be accessed by web OS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

Sounds like the guy is butthurt his OS of choice didn't win
    The poll, itself, is embarrassing. Referencing it as proof of how well your platform is doing, even more so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    The poll, itself, is embarrassing. Referencing it as proof of how well your platform is doing, even more so.
    I'd have to say, if the poll is embarrassing, and the results embarrasing, then the phans that stomp their feet and yell and scream that it's a fraud, HP cheated, and should be embarrassed - especially when they're doing it on a forum for HP devices - well, that's gotta be at least a little embarrassing, wouldn't you agree??

If you can take a few minutes away from telling us how awful our devices are, of course...
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I think you need to refer to you own sig for that statement...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    If you can take a few minutes away from telling us how awful our devices are, of course...
    That's a full-time job, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I think you need to refer to you own sig for that statement...
    Trust me, if I took any of this seriously, I would be a basket-case. Amazing how worked up people get over this stuff. It is like investing all your hope in a sports team. Pick a side, cheer until you're hoarse, and go on about your day if they lose.
    newsflash here people:

Execs, marketing peeps, etc will use almost ANY positive external source to boast on their products.

No harm, no foul, move on, nothing to see here.
    I see pandas.
    If Google or Apple used this at a press conference to try to justify the like of their OS you guys would be screaming.

This forum is described in one phrase: "that's different."
    They better call whine-won-won and dial themselves up a whambulance lol.

amazing some people's children weren't eaten as children, playing in the woods...
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    i saw that in the presentation. I thought it was hilarious. Not really in a good way but whatever.