Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here i was holding out for new devices with new form factors. It's funny i remember reading an article talking about how HP bought a company like Palm and they pretty much just failed to do anything with it.

Well after a year what has HP done? The Pre 3 which will be available in summer! and the Vee or whatever a smaller pre.

Ohh but wait we got an ipad that runs webos! This will save our fail operating system. This will def. make our app store go from 5,000 in the last 2 years to 5,001 2 years from now, since nobody wants to develop for a platform with no users.

It's so pathetic how these guys get paid millions of dollars to suck and fail. So much for holding out my upgrade to get new amazing hardware.

*UPDATE*

Also as many of you know, the way HP rewards loyal customers, besides offering them the same ***** hardware for the last 3 years, is by not offering the WebOS 2.0 update which they promised to everyone.

Now they can def. gain marketshare and customers!..........................(Delayed Borat NOT!)

If it wasn't for the homebrew community i think there would of been a total of 5 users using these phones lol
    Last edited by gselsidi; 02/09/2011 at 08:57 PM.
    I have to admit the 2.6 inch Veer is an epic fail in my book. The Pre3 is not so much, the 3.6" screen could have been a 4" but it's a decent size and the 1.4ghz processor does shine it up nice.

The consensus on the tablet from everyone I talked to doesn't seem to match yours. It shares info with Webos devices on the same network, takes the SMS from the phone/calls from the phone. Shares information with a button push. The layout of the applications is Tabletized and is pretty nice.

Considering Android has failed to release anything grand on the Tablet this is needed to bring HP into direct competition and on the forefront.
    I will add.... Fail in the fact that they said: Summer.

For dates for everything. GROAN.
    The Veer is the Kin One Part Two.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    The Veer is the Kin One Part Two.
    Bwahah! Yes, and we saw how great that sold. They really disappointed at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Here i was holding out for new devices with new form factors. It's funny i remember reading an article talking about how HP bought a company like Palm and they pretty much just failed to do anything with it.

Well after a year what has HP done? The Pre 3 which will be available in summer! and the Vee or whatever a smaller pre.

Ohh but wait we got an ipad that runs webos! This will save our fail operating system. This will def. make our app store go from 5,000 in the last 2 years to 5,001 2 years from now, since nobody wants to develop for a platform with no users.

It's so pathetic how these guys get paid millions of dollars to suck and fail. So much for holding out my upgrade to get new amazing hardware.
    i have to agree, even though i left palm a year ago for the evo, got exited about the possibilities of returning to webos....but the new hardware is so far off the mark in todays market its sad to see, a total let down!
    why do they even bother to release Veer? it's unbelievable who is the brain behind all this. And I really wish they stayed away from the pre form factor. It was pretty cool 2 years ago, but they really need some major resigning.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylus View Post
    I have to admit the 2.6 inch Veer is an epic fail in my book. The Pre3 is not so much, the 3.6" screen could have been a 4" but it's a decent size and the 1.4ghz processor does shine it up nice.

The consensus on the tablet from everyone I talked to doesn't seem to match yours. It shares info with Webos devices on the same network, takes the SMS from the phone/calls from the phone. Shares information with a button push. The layout of the applications is Tabletized and is pretty nice.

Considering Android has failed to release anything grand on the Tablet this is needed to bring HP into direct competition and on the forefront.
    Listen the tablet isn't bad, but seriously besides the information sharing and good multitasking what can it offer it has no apps!

The only advantage palm had when webos first came out was multitasking, now thats gone ios4 can multitask too, not as good but still useable.

The other advantage flash? Android has flash too + as many apps as ios.

When a person is in a store and they have a choice between a beautiful iphone4 and 100k+ apps and a little toy like the pre 3 with no apps, the choice is clear for both phone and tablet.

Now on the other hand if they had a superphone like the evo people might consider it, since it does flash ect. and they would say like i did 2 years ago they will get apps.

but with the same hardware that failed 2 years ago they aren't going anywhere.

What it basically comes down to guys is Apps. Why do 95% of computers have windows? Applications and Developer support. Which WebOS doesn't have, and by the pace they are going never will.
    It's a fail. Honeycomb and ipad 2 will beat hp two the punch again. The summer is way too fair away people will buy tablets from other manufactures. The apps they have like kindle and office are available on the other tablets and phones already. Palm HP has nothing new to offer except a great os that they can't seem to ingrate properly with hardware and hardware release dates.No one knows how great web os is if they don't buy your products.
    Haters gonna hate...
    The Veer isn't for us. It's a nice handset to fight the mid and lower range Android phones.

The Pre3 is where it's at. I want it. Shame it's so far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Haters gonna hate...
    And the competition will keep putting out hits.

Again, at least they didn't pull a Kyocera phone. By the time their products hit, the current high end Android phones will be $49-$99. The future generation of dual core Android phone will be priced the same as the Pre3. The Iphone 5 will be on the horizon. The Ipad 2 will be looming. Then there's the Android tablets....
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Haters gonna hate...

What does it come down to that? If you aren't interested in a slider phone, what option is HP actually providing? Absolutely zip. Now you can say "oh but I love slider phones" but a significant proportion of the market ain't interested.
    I'm effing done with these terrible companies.
    That tablet WOULD have been the only non-fail....except it doesn't release till summer!
    Fire Rubenstein
  17.    #17  
    Haters gonna hate...
    Nobody is hating dude. Just disappointed after being a loyal customer for 2 years theres still 5k apps in the app store, and the same old hardware.

It sad to see that after 6 months of not keeping up with this site and webos i come back every now and then to read about anything new like apps, and theres like 1 new app a week which sucks.
    Personally, I think a Pre3 would be right up my alley. I LOVE the form factor of the Pre. My fiance LOVES the form factor of the Pre.

Granted, so many people have decided that brick-phones are where it's at, so I would have liked to see a WebOS brick for all the folks either have HUGE pockets or don't mind belt holsters so big it looks like they're carrying a cop-radio, just for the sake of HP market share if nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Fire Rubenstein
    Fire Leo.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Have to agree, with the phone lineup I will have to "veer" away from it. Think they really jumped the shark by not releasing a couple different phone types that all run WebOS, thereby hitting multiple segments at once. They are going with the same form factor that was a bust and made me pick up the Evo because I was tired of dealing with it. I was hoping that that there would be a superphone that would rival the Evo and iPhone4 and would really make the public take another look at WebOS. I thought that HPalm would have really come out and blown everyone away across the board with an entire line that would make people really want to get out there and own it, especially since they moved the announcements to their own date for all the coverage not getting swallowed up by CES. I can say as a long time supporter and 1st day Pre owner, I am disappointed and have no regrets going with the Evo.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast