Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well, I have been researching the "great hardware" clunky "OS" Sprint EVO.

I had previously gone to it and come back to Webos, due to the operating system.

After the complete crash and burn on Feb 9, I have been planning to just brave it with the EVO, BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking at the Developer forums for EVO and possible other ROM's (versions of the operating system).

Look what is hitting as we speak. A chinese group has developed a complete revamp of the OS, which really fixes this device. It is currently 95% there and I am just waiting for them to impliment 4g and I am go.

Take a look:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=915527

And a great video of it in action:

I think this might make the EVO a real option. Maybe Webos will have a decent device out for Christmas '11
    Quote Originally Posted by 22350 View Post
    Well, I have been researching the "great hardware" clunky "OS" Sprint EVO.

I had previously gone to it and come back to Webos, due to the operating system.

After the complete crash and burn on Feb 9, I have been planning to just brave it with the EVO, BUT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking at the Developer forums for EVO and possible other ROM's (versions of the operating system).

Look what is hitting as we speak. A chinese group has developed a complete revamp of the OS, which really fixes this device. It is currently 95% there and I am just waiting for them to impliment 4g and I am go.

Take a look:
    url...

And a great video of it in action:
    url...

I think this might make the EVO a real option. Maybe Webos will have a decent device out for Christmas '11
    I made the switch from Pre- to Evo and this is the ROM I use. Its perfect, albeit the apple flavoring. True, it doesn't have the 4g's yet but it makes Android smooth and easy to use like my OC Pre used to be.
  3.    #163  
    just bought a used evo yesterday just finished rooting it right now and installed the sprint lovers rom as part of the process.

I am looking at which rom to install, for better battery life, but idk alot of them are unstable. Android is def. different, i do still miss webos but just to fed up with the lack of apps and hardware.

But funny thing is even though android has 200k apps alot of them seem like low quality crap lol
    So you're pretty much saying that outside of not being able to attract the quality developers, webOS can't even attract the bottom of the barrel ones.

And I can't imagine what ROMS you're looking at that are unstable. There's a lot of development for the EVO. There should be quite a few that just blaze. They've been working with Froyo for ages now.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I'd be afraid that that ROM would collect all of my personal data and sends it to the state (PRC).
    considering if you have somewhat of a clue, you could break the ROM down into it's component files and see what's in there. And we all know there is a secret faction of the webOS internals crew the collects all your personal info off of your homebrewed phone and sells it to the russians.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    ROMs...instable.....whatt?

I advise you check here:
    EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers

I recommend either Myn Warm twopointtwo.

Or just run stock.
  8.    #168  
    sorry didnt mean unstable, meant like it breaks camera some i read break hdmi, idk maybe i was reading things from 7 months ago lol. Im currently downloading fresh evo hopefully its good.
    It could be older stuff or Cryomod Gingerbread ROMS....which are more beta than anything right now.
    anything based on the current official ROM will be smooth as can be. It's when they start baking in future versions where things can get broken. But that's the price you pay for using developmental versions.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm running CyanogenMod gingerbread on my blade and it has a few problems... (nothing too bad).
    I'm just running Sprint Lovers now and no complaints. Sometimes stock does get it right...just needs a few additions.
  13.    #173  
    i have sprint lovers installed with a netarchy custom kernel for battery. I love the evo great big screen is awesome for just about anything. But android sucks balls. Widgets are cool multitasking is pretty gay like ios. But the apps suck so much its not even funny. Even webos has better games lol. 200K+ apps of fail. I hope webos releases a slab like phone in the near future lol.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789