Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Italian Palm homepage.

Palm, Inc., La vostra destinazione per Palmari, Mobile Managers, Smartphones, Accessori e Software

enouff said.

btw, I'm not impressed by new hardware (the Veer is probably an error...)
    the software is probably the best out there. but if you can't market it and support it (5000 apps after 2 years? are you kiddin me?), you won't have any kind of success.
    And after all the talking in the forums, no ota update, no flash, no webos2.0 for the elders.
    and no alternative to slide phones. when the market says the opposite. this is a bad move.
    at least for me.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Don't forget that 294,000 of those apps are fart machines, themes, and sound boards.

Wrong. Go look up a study on how many apps the average iphone user installs. There are really only a handfull of apps that are considered "must have" by the common user.

The ipad's sells have little to do with apps and everything to do with who makes it and what it looks like.
    yea handful of apps that aren't available on webos. and i guarantee you there are hundreds more apps installed that arent "must haves"

and i guarantee you the study doesn't include jail broken phones. of course nobody will buy ridiculously priced apps.

but of course being apple helps in sales lol
    I can't believe someone just busted out the "they're all fart apps" thing in 2011...
  4.    #144  
    end of the day though its still apps, when people bought iphones it wasn't hey look at my cool phone with an apple logo. it was look at this app on my phone.

if it was 2 years ago and it was the other way around hey look at this app on my palm phone guess what iphone would bomb.
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I can't believe someone just busted out the "they're all fart apps" thing in 2011...
    yea turning your car on with an app, trading, using bloomberg those are all fart apps. say 200k are fart apps there is still 100k left.

5000 apps from webos 4990 fart apps 10 decent ones lol
    If anyone really thinks people don't install and use apps on iPhones and iPads...I don't even know what to tell you. Take a look at what the next 10 iPhone users you see are doing (don't worry - there are a lot of them so they won't be hard to find) and see what they're doing. I bet they're either texting or in an app.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    If anyone really thinks people don't install and use apps on iPhones and iPads...I don't even know what to tell you. Take a look at what the next 10 iPhone users you see are doing (don't worry - there are a lot of them so they won't be hard to find) and see what they're doing. I bet they're either texting or in an app.
    Over 10 billion apps have been downloaded from Apple. I'm guessing someone must be installing and using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    You're right. I find my participation in this conversation to not be productive at all. On that note, I'm gonna go doing something else. Bye now, and good luck in your search for a new phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Like Ray Charles said...Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more!

Sfm Evo
  9.    #149  
    ohh yeah breaking news the 4 apps on webos can now run on webos 3.0 ohhh yeahhh so awesome lol
  10.    #151  
    hey i remember someone said they had the evo 4g, or anyone who has it how is it? Is the typing and touch screen accurate like an iphone?

how is android compared to webos multitasking wise? bearable? good?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    hey i remember someone said they had the evo 4g, or anyone who has it how is it? Is the typing and touch screen accurate like an iphone?

how is android compared to webos multitasking wise? bearable? good?

thanks
    The typing is fine, especially since you can try many keyboards to find which one suits you. I use the iPhone one, actually.

It multitasks just as well, it just does it differently.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  12.    #153  
    i guess i will just go try it out at the store first, but will probably be picking one up soon. thanks

how is the battery life?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Battery life is pretty good overall. I have been on conferences all day where I didn't have access to Wifi and didn't have to charge it the whole day, was probably around 40% when I went up to the room to plug it in. Really nothing unlike what I had with the Pre. This is with the stock battery.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Don't forget that 294,000 of those apps are fart machines, themes, and sound boards.

Wrong. Go look up a study on how many apps the average iphone user installs. There are really only a handfull of apps that are considered "must have" by the common user.

The ipad's sells have little to do with apps and everything to do with who makes it and what it looks like.
    Look i hate Apple just as much as the next hater but for every 4 CRApps they have, there is a solid meaningful, useful app.

My gf and her whole family had their house burglarized recently.

What they did was get an iPhone. All 5 of them. Because now they can monitor their crib on their phone with the ADT app.

You have to differentiate the "ohh look at this cool app and what it can do" crowd, from the people legitimately looking for portals to the services they want to use on the go.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
  15.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Look i hate Apple just as much as the next hater but for every 4 CRApps they have, there is a solid meaningful, useful app.

My gf and her whole family had their house burglarized recently.

What they did was get an iPhone. All 5 of them. Because now they can monitor their crib on their phone with the ADT app.

You have to differentiate the "ohh look at this cool app and what it can do" crowd, from the people legitimately looking for portals to the services they want to use on the go.
    Yea seriously the stuff the iphone can do is just insane. Until WebOS has apps like that they are fighting a losing battle unless they really inovate hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    ohh yeah breaking news the 4 apps on webos can now run on webos 3.0 ohhh yeahhh so awesome lol
    Dude admit it, you love WebOS otherwise you wouldn't be on a webOS forum posting a million messages regarding HP and Palm. Or maybe the android or apple forums are just that boring and dead.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Can someone please make a skin for android, which fixes their os, just a little?

I think this looks great! (and it's android)

I was amazed at how close to a webOS skin some of the Android folks have developed...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I read some more positive news on this front. They've cut off OTA updates to legacy devices but that doesn't mean that there won't be updates via the doctor. So I suppose there's still hope for WebOS 2.0 on the pre, pre plus and pixi.We'll see if they come through or not and in what time frame.

Sent from my rooted Nook Color using Tapatalk
    We might get the doctor, but I doubt it. And even if we get it, do you think it will be fully functional? I am thinking along the lines of a hookup in terms of a discounts on future devices...

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    We might get the doctor, but I doubt it. And even if we get it, do you think it will be fully functional? I am thinking along the lines of a hookup in terms of a discounts on future devices...
    Developers in the early access program were testing the 2.1 doctor. A developer who broke his NDA yesterday (John Doe's Comment) pointed out that 2.1 was "operating as a whole much more smoothly than it is now on 1.4.5." If it was functional on a Pre- or a Pixi remains to be seen.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast