Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I have so far while I use my wifi only Pre to stream Pandora and Slacker. Thank you for the kind sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    No, you're absolutely right, crogs571. I hope you enjoy your Android experience.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    HP Palm you have lost me and my support. Funny I just got a job at a mobile retailer. So today I vow to never promote your products again.

Petty? Useless? Sure, but it makes me feel good.

Goodbye.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I think the 3 epic fails were:

- Cutting off of future updates for current (except Pre 2) webOS devices

- The Veer (sorry I just don't think anyone will care)

- Not having anything significant ready until summer (you've kept us waiting for so long already and now we have to wait even longer?!)

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Is it possible to merge an entire forum into the General Complaints thread?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I have so far while I use my wifi only Pre to stream Pandora and Slacker. Thank you for the kind sentiment.
    I could see, after your explanation and this recent announcement of HP crippling OTA updates for Plus and Minus users, how you would be unhappy with WebOS. As for me, I still have another year with the phone before my next upgrade. Here's to hoping that HP can get it's complete ecosystem up and running by then.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I can pretty much buy a new phone at full upgrade price at will. I've owned the Pre, Pixi, Hero, Moment, Evo, Epic and Shift. With the Epic and Shift active now, nothing Palm introduced does anything to entice me to come back to webOS. I already have a 32gb microSD that houses all my work and personal files I need to be productive. I can even keep a spare with just vids and music if I'm traveling and want more of an entertainment device. With a little microSD reader on the keychain (that houses the spare card too) I can pop into any computer I want and do something more intensive if need be. I have a nice 4" vibrant screen for easy viewing and editing along with a roomy landscape keyboard and a 1ghz hummingbird processor with one of the best graphics chips out there. If I go back to the Shift I match the Pre3 a little better though the Pre3 wins in only the processor department. And both phones have 4g and tethering when I need it. The fact that my ancient Pre won't get 2.x via OTA is meaningless. It's nice to keep around and update and see how things are progressing. It would never become a daily carry phone ever again. The screen is just too small and the keyboard just too painful for extended typing. Not to mention secondary navigation for text editing and selection. If I'm unhappy with webOS it's only due to the lack of apps i find are critical for my daily use. Doc editing, seamless google voice and an active wallpapered agenda app/widget. All the rest is just fluff for me. Not that I don't like fluff. But you get the point. I still enjoy following tech and keeping the Pre around gives me a reason to frequent this place. Not to mention I still support three Pixis. Used to be more, but everyone else has migrated to the Shift or Evo.

You're under contract so you're a bit stuck for better or for worse. I can come and go as I please. I hope they get it right. Palm didn't do it on its own. HP sure as heck didn't get it right this time around. In thinking beyond it seems they overlooked the present. Thankfully they have deep enough pockets to recover from a lackluster day such as this. And if they do, I'll be happy to pick up a device if it fits my needs or is at least worthy enough to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    I could see, after your explanation and this recent announcement of HP crippling OTA updates for Plus and Minus users, how you would be unhappy with WebOS. As for me, I still have another year with the phone before my next upgrade. Here's to hoping that HP can get it's complete ecosystem up and running by then.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire
    - Cutting off of future updates for current (except Pre 2) webOS devices
    I read some more positive news on this front. They've cut off OTA updates to legacy devices but that doesn't mean that there won't be updates via the doctor. So I suppose there's still hope for WebOS 2.0 on the pre, pre plus and pixi.We'll see if they come through or not and in what time frame.

Sent from my rooted Nook Color using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeathsArrow; 02/09/2011 at 06:52 PM.
    I must admit that I am shocked - shocked - that HP did not release a slab phone of 4 inches or larger. Given that all of the best selling phones now have this form factor, why not also release one? I can understand keeping the Pre form factor but making the screen bigger in the Pre3. I can actually understand making the "world's smallest smartphone" - there are definitely some people that can dig that. I can't understand not making a phone with the same form factor as the iphone, galaxy, evo, droid, storm, etc.
    Now I did read on another site that HP is still going to release a slab phone later - but given that they were announcing products for availability this summer, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have announced it today.
    I'm fine with the Pre 3 1.4 single core processor but I'm surprised they are not going to release a dual core phone soon as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5junebugs View Post
    I am trying to be excited about WebOS but continue to be massively disappointed in the hardware. They announce today a phone with specs that barely keep up with today and it will not be released for 5 months.
    What phone out right now is 1.4 Ghz?

The iPhone form has not changed much because it was very successful. However, the Pre was extremely unsuccessful due to its form and what does HP do but release 2 more phones based on the same failed form. Following Apple's strategy only works if you were successful in the original launch.
    I think you underestimate just how many people do like the pre's form factor, and how many people have stuck with Palm for over a decade for a portrait keyboard.

These specs would be good for a 2010 release.
    You do realize that the Pre 3's processor only exists as a prototype right now, right? There were no 1.4 Ghz phones in 2010 and I don't think there are any now. So what the eff are you talking about?

The Tablet is nice but by the time it hits the market the next generation of tablets will be coming from all the competitors, and to think that 5 months from now these specs will make it stand out is a joke. Plus a major feature is it integrates with a phone that is middle of the road in its best form.
    The ipad is 9 months old, can't do half of what the TouchPad can, and still sells the best.

The spec-worshiping crowd you number yourself in do not drive the market.

I cannot think of what they could have done to make this day any worse for all the dedicated WebOS supporters. They will never get WebOS to the masses unless they get hardware the masses appreciate. A small group of people who like to be different is not going to make this a successful product line.
    I think you are vastly overestimating the percentage of smartphone shoppers out there that care as much about specs as you do. Want to take a guess as to how many iphone owners know the clockspeed it runs at or the RAM it has?
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5junebugs View Post
    I am trying to be excited about WebOS but continue to be massively disappointed in the hardware. They announce today a phone with specs that barely keep up with today and it will not be released for 5 months.

The iPhone form has not changed much because it was very successful. However, the Pre was extremely unsuccessful due to its form and what does HP do but release 2 more phones based on the same failed form. Following Apple's strategy only works if you were successful in the original launch.

The Veer is a smaller version of a phone whos biggest issue was it was too small for most people. The Pre 3 is an upgrade that is to little to late. By the time it hits shelves everyone will be looking at new better devices. These specs would be good for a 2010 release.

The Tablet is nice but by the time it hits the market the next generation of tablets will be coming from all the competitors, and to think that 5 months from now these specs will make it stand out is a joke. Plus a major feature is it integrates with a phone that is middle of the road in its best form.

I cannot think of what they could have done to make this day any worse for all the dedicated WebOS supporters. They will never get WebOS to the masses unless they get hardware the masses appreciate. A small group of people who like to be different is not going to make this a successful product line.

The only First I will be remembering on today is the first major mistake HP made in marketing WebOS.
    They made it very clear what they think about their dedicated webos supporters by not offering webos 2.0 to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think you underestimate just how many people do like the pre's form factor, and how many people have stuck with Palm for over a decade for a portrait keyboard.

Small fish in a big pond. (errrr more like ocean)

The form factor faithful (like myself) were early smart phone adopters before the iphone came along and made sheeple out of consumers and made it so that anything not like it a failure.

Anyway, this small subset of fans cant carry a platform. Even if it is owned by the biggest technology company in the world after IBM.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    What phone out right now is 1.4 Ghz?

You do realize that the Pre 3's processor only exists as a prototype right now, right? There were no 1.4 Ghz phones in 2010 and I don't think there are any now. So what the eff are you talking about?

The ipad is 9 months old, can't do half of what the TouchPad can, and still sells the best.

The spec-worshiping crowd you number yourself in do not drive the market.

I think you are vastly overestimating the percentage of smartphone shoppers out there that care as much about specs as you do. Want to take a guess as to how many iphone owners know the clockspeed it runs at or the RAM it has?
    1. going pack to palm before the pre, the keyboard was out always like a blackberry, dont confuse a blackberry type of phone with a slide out pre. Completely different phone designs.

2. what drives the market is apps, which the WebOS fails at, i was just listening to the radio iOS has over 300,000 apps, so WebOS isn't going anywhere.

3. And when the ipad 2 comes out guess who is going to destroy the palm pad in sales? The only reason is sells is Apps.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    HP is not done releasing their line up. This is part 1.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Lol
  15.    #135  
    Thats cool dude but if part 1 is at the end of the year a.k.a summer we don't want to know about part 2 in april of 2012
  16.    #136  
    and *** is up with people talking **** about kyocera? i just looked at it on sprint that phone is awesome. Something really new and innovative 2 huge screens its almost like having a small tablet. It will def. sell more then what the pre at launch.

I'd rather have the kyocera then a pre 3, but goes to show there are fan*boy*s defending their idolized corporations everywhere.

LOL it wont let me say fan boys in a single word lol
    Last edited by gselsidi; 02/09/2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    and *** is up with people talking **** about kyocera? i just looked at it on sprint that phone is awesome. Something really new and innovative 2 huge screens its almost like having a small tablet. It will def. sell more then what the pre at launch.

I'd rather have the kyocera then a pre 3, but goes to show there are fan*boy*s defending their idolized corporations everywhere.

LOL it wont let me say fan boys in a single word lol
    The Kyocera Echo will fail. One of the main reasons is that there will be very few apps developed to fully utilized the two screens. What developer will develop an application that will only work on one phone on one carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    2. what drives the market is apps, which the WebOS fails at, i was just listening to the radio iOS has over 300,000 apps, so WebOS isn't going anywhere.
    Don't forget that 294,000 of those apps are fart machines, themes, and sound boards.

3. And when the ipad 2 comes out guess who is going to destroy the palm pad in sales? The only reason is sells is Apps.
    Wrong. Go look up a study on how many apps the average iphone user installs. There are really only a handfull of apps that are considered "must have" by the common user.

The ipad's sells have little to do with apps and everything to do with who makes it and what it looks like.
    With as much damage as they did for part 1, the idea of a part 2 makes me glad I'm not an HP shareholder. I was defending them at first, but the more I think about all the promises they broke today, the more I'm ready to get rid of every HP product I own.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    If everyone is so upset and leaving for Android phones, why waste time posting here on P|C when you are more than welcome on the Android forums.
    I don't know about your Internet, but on my Internet, it is possible to post to more than one forum.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast