Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 173
  1. KoreyTM's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    The funny thing is anything anti-webOS is met with their comments of how we're all like android sheep and blah blah blah. The Apologist 5 are worse than most of their Apple kin.
    In this thread, I haven't heard any proponents of WebOS call any opponents of WebOS "Android sheep". Nor "isheep" for that matter. In fact, it's kind of sad because I'm reading the WebOS supporters as calm, collected, and just generally more composed in the way they're responding to comments which bash H|Palm's OS and phones.

    Personally, you're all acting very childish. If you don't like what you've seen today, then I implore you all...

    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    ...why waste time posting here on P|C when you are more than welcome on the Android forums.
    Seriously, take a hint. Most of you are posting right now from your recently purchased Android or iPhones anyway.
  2.    #102  
    im actually posting from a pc with my <<deleted by mod>> palm pre in my pocket which if i press ever so slightly on my ear when i answer a call the sound cuts out.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 06:56 PM.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    Seriously, take a hint. Most of you are posting right now from your recently purchased Android or iPhones anyway.
    Really? you sure about that? Your basing that on?


    HP didn't live up to expectations and things seem the same. It's like losing a friend to some people... let them vent its healthy.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Dude, its not a "me too" form factor. Besides are we really that worried about "me-too" at this point considering the Touchpad's design? It's what every company is selling. It's the most popular form factor out there. Why wouldn't you want HP to do this?

    Think small or big or whatever. But think about what people actually want.
    Tablets aren't going to vary much in form except by dimensions. There are multiple form factors that phone manufacturers can take advantage of to differentiate themselves from the competition: 'candy bar', horizontal/vertical sliders, slab, flip/clamshell, etc. There are still lots of non-slab phones being sold, especially to the 'enterprise types' (ex: DroidPro, most Blackberries). Of the 3 big competitors, RIM is the weakest and that's probably why HP kept the form factor to try to steal those customers. When they decide to expand to slabs is known to HP and whoever does their market research. Personally, I don't see why someone would want a phone that's too big to comfortably fit in a shirt pocket or most front pants pockets.

    We'll see. They said nothing about it today.
    The developer presentation is tonight.
  5. KoreyTM's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Really? you sure about that? Your basing that on?


    HP didn't live up to expectations and things seem the same. It's like losing a friend to some people... let them vent its healthy.
    I'm basing that statement off of things like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I didn't want to have to wait until the end of the year for a webos slab phone... (if they even release one by then)

    Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Even still, my bad by making the assumption. I was being hasty; but I look at all of these people mocking the announcement today, and I ask myself why are they even on P|C right now? It would be like me going over to an Apple supporting blog and bashing them for liking iOS, an overrated OS, IMO. I couldn't see myself doing that, so why do people insist on dropping by here?

    It's irritating. Again, sorry.
  6. #106  
    The reason I'm saying anything is because I loved WebOS and the community and still find myself coming here over Android Central even though I own an EVO. I wanted WebOs to succeed and for most people who have never tried it to give it a try. The only reason I went to an EVO is that my pre finally bit the dust and no Pre 2 was available. I think HP is repeating past mistakes here with no set timelines.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    I'm basing that statement off of things like this:



    Even still, my bad by making the assumption. I was being hasty; but I look at all of these people mocking the announcement today, and I ask myself why are they even on P|C right now? It would be like me going over to an Apple supporting blog and bashing them for liking iOS, an overrated OS, IMO. I couldn't see myself doing that, so why do people insist on dropping by here?

    It's irritating. Again, sorry.
    no its not because you don't own an iphone. We actually own palm devices, and even if people don't own them anymore at one point in time they did. It's not like a random person who has never used webos comming here and posting.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi
    Epic fail!
    This was not so much an Epic Fail as it was an Epic Meh.
  9. KoreyTM's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    no its not because you don't own an iphone. We actually own palm devices, and even if people don't own them anymore at one point in time they did. It's not like a random person who has never used webos comming here and posting.
    So you're unhappy? Then leave PreCentral and find a new home in another community. This actually works for your benefit, as well as the WebOS supporters, because you'll be able to visit an Android blog and be positive about what you say and hear instead of being negative here. And ultimately, those still happy with WebOS will also be content because they won't have to see threads spreading negativity at the top of their list of active posts. Voila!

    I just can't wait for Internals to release an overclocked kernel that will kick the Pre3 up to 2.0 GHz and above!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10.    #111  
    Wow gay lol, they just pwnd us with no flash for another year lol
  11.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    So you're unhappy? Then leave PreCentral and find a new home in another community. This actually works for your benefit, as well as the WebOS supporters, because you'll be able to visit an Android blog and be positive about what you say and hear instead of being negative here. And ultimately, those still happy with WebOS will also be content because they won't have to see threads spreading negativity at the top of their list of active posts. Voila!

    I just can't wait for Internals to release an overclocked kernel that will kick the Pre3 up to 2.0 GHz and above!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Or a better idea you can stop looking and participating in threads with negative titles that don't suit your apperent fanboism.
  12. #113  
    I give you a lot of credit for having a sense of humor about how terrible the news has been today, gselsidi.
  13. KoreyTM's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Wow gay lol, they just pwnd us with no flash for another year lol
    Ok, now this is something I could get behind in terms of aggravation. The keynote today didn't bother me, in fact I came out of it quite pleased, but to know that a company as large and wealthy as HP is saying that they don't have the resources to do OTA updates for devices purchased before the Palm acquisition is more than just upsetting.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I give you a lot of credit for having a sense of humor about how terrible the news has been today, gselsidi.
    Hey it's not like we don't have a thousands choices of phones to choose from. What am i going to do? Try to force HP to be successful?

    "I said no HP! no making the same design that bombed the 1st time and no one wants. STOP IT!! Stop drawing on autocad!"

    <<deleted by mod>>

    Maybe then i can buy WebOS on the cheap and make it out to what its supposed to be lol

    To be quite honest I'm in the process of raising funding for my own company, so when i look at this it actually makes me happy that my future competition is bunch of incompetent people.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/09/2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: language
  15.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    Ok, now this is something I could get behind in terms of aggravation. The keynote today didn't bother me, in fact I came out of it quite pleased, but to know that a company as large and wealthy as HP is saying that they don't have the resources to do OTA updates for devices purchased before the Palm acquisition is more than just upsetting.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    1. they said they would support older devices so they pretty much lied.
    2. they def. have the resources and the money, they are just forcing people to upgrade to new hardware.
  16. #117  
    So what do you do when you don't like something? Go sulk in the corner like a dejected school kid? Or do you want to be vocal about it and let the masses know what you think and share in other people's thoughts and ideas? And there were quite a few ProPalmers making Android references along those lines. Maybe you just have selective reception and missed quite a few of the go back to android and the me too type comments. Childish is trying to act like you're taking the high road when you're really making a dig. And you actually quoted one of those pros. Like it's a bad thing people were tired of using aged software with limited functionality and migrated to something a little more modern and functional. Can you blame them? Especially Sprint users. They've been on the hook the longest. And with only a year's wait, it's easy to have a better phone and revisit when HP brings something to the table. But at this rate, they can buy another phone and come back in another year to see if that happens because it didn't happen today.

    I actually purchased several android phones, They are more business oriented devices. I can create and edit documents and spreadsheets and a actually be productive straight from my phone without having to break out the laptop. I can sync my documents from google docs over the air and sync docs to/from my laptop via USB (sync, not copy/move). I still can't do that on webOS, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to do that when and if Quick Office gives us editing features.

    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    In this thread, I haven't heard any proponents of WebOS call any opponents of WebOS "Android sheep". Nor "isheep" for that matter. In fact, it's kind of sad because I'm reading the WebOS supporters as calm, collected, and just generally more composed in the way they're responding to comments which bash H|Palm's OS and phones.

    Personally, you're all acting very childish. If you don't like what you've seen today, then I implore you all...



    Seriously, take a hint. Most of you are posting right now from your recently purchased Android or iPhones anyway.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  17. KoreyTM's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by gselsidi View Post
    Or a better idea you can stop looking and participating in threads with negative titles that don't suit your apperent fanboism.
    You're right. I find my participation in this conversation to not be productive at all. On that note, I'm gonna go doing something else. Bye now, and good luck in your search for a new phone.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  18. #119  
    I am trying to be excited about WebOS but continue to be massively disappointed in the hardware. They announce today a phone with specs that barely keep up with today and it will not be released for 5 months.

    The iPhone form has not changed much because it was very successful. However, the Pre was extremely unsuccessful due to its form and what does HP do but release 2 more phones based on the same failed form. Following Apple's strategy only works if you were successful in the original launch.

    The Veer is a smaller version of a phone whos biggest issue was it was too small for most people. The Pre 3 is an upgrade that is to little to late. By the time it hits shelves everyone will be looking at new better devices. These specs would be good for a 2010 release.

    The Tablet is nice but by the time it hits the market the next generation of tablets will be coming from all the competitors, and to think that 5 months from now these specs will make it stand out is a joke. Plus a major feature is it integrates with a phone that is middle of the road in its best form.

    I cannot think of what they could have done to make this day any worse for all the dedicated WebOS supporters. They will never get WebOS to the masses unless they get hardware the masses appreciate. A small group of people who like to be different is not going to make this a successful product line.

    The only First I will be remembering on today is the first major mistake HP made in marketing WebOS.
  19. KoreyTM's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    So what do you do when you don't like something? Go sulk in the corner like a dejected school kid? Or do you want to be vocal about it and let the masses know what you think and share in other people's thoughts and ideas? And there were quite a few ProPalmers making Android references along those lines. Maybe you just have selective reception and missed quite a few of the go back to android and the me too type comments. Childish is trying to act like you're taking the high road when you're really making a dig. And you actually quoted one of those pros. Like it's a bad thing people were tired of using aged software with limited functionality and migrated to something a little more modern and functional. Can you blame them? Especially Sprint users. They've been on the hook the longest. And with only a year's wait, it's easy to have a better phone and revisit when HP brings something to the table. But at this rate, they can buy another phone and come back in another year to see if that happens because it didn't happen today.

    I actually purchased several android phones, They are more business oriented devices. I can create and edit documents and spreadsheets and a actually be productive straight from my phone without having to break out the laptop. I can sync my documents from google docs over the air and sync docs to/from my laptop via USB (sync, not copy/move). I still can't do that on webOS, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to do that when and if Quick Office gives us editing features.
    No, you're absolutely right, crogs571. I hope you enjoy your Android experience.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Posting Permissions